Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skill Gain Weekend

Would be nice if they compensated for the folks that happened to have this weekend off and not next weekend.

I'm afraid the skill gain increase is not on, I can only apologise, there is nothing I can do about it. I think we will instead have one next weekend and like I said I'll try to make sure it is an extra day long. I'm not really sure what we can do to compensate people in your situation Solthorn, we can't simply hand out skill increases and we can't verify or generate a list of who was able to play this weekend and is not able to play next weekend really...

I know this is most likely a stupid idea (viewed from staff side), but i wanna throw it in anyway: Hand out skill orbs (or whatever) triggering a 24h/48h Skill boost, meaning that the increased skill gains start from the moment on they use the item. That way you are not depending on the weekend, also you can easily repeat the event. I know the point of the weekend skillboost is to get playerbase up during that time to lure new players and it will most likely work that way, but only on short term. What you might wanna think about is some sort of playtime rewards to keep them here, especially if its something they cant just buy like skillgains. Ie. after a week of gametime you get something like a 12h Skillboost, after 2 weeks you get something different, after a month like a 24h skillboost and so on.
However personally, even if I know I wont be able to use the skillboost next weekend myself much aswell, I appreciate your effords and thank you for it.

Useless Wrote:I know this is most likely a stupid idea (viewed from staff side), but i wanna throw it in anyway: Hand out skill orbs (or whatever) triggering a 24h/48h Skill boost, meaning that the increased skill gains start from the moment on they use the item. That way you are not depending on the weekend, also you can easily repeat the event. I know the point of the weekend skillboost is to get playerbase up during that time to lure new players and it will most likely work that way, but only on short term. What you might wanna think about is some sort of playtime rewards to keep them here, especially if its something they cant just buy like skillgains. Ie. after a week of gametime you get something like a 12h Skillboost, after 2 weeks you get something different, after a month like a 24h skillboost and so on.
However personally, even if I know I wont be able to use the skillboost next weekend myself much aswell, I appreciate your effords and thank you for it.

Sounds like a good idea, could also give such an item out as quest reward/event prize, its a good prize but not like free skills, also give them to new players to help them get a "jump start"?

Just turned it on, totally forgot about it. >_< New job just started up and it's kicking my ass.

I set it to run for 48 hours from the time of this post. We may finish in the missed day later ;P

Gotta leave for work (again >_<) now. BBL.

Last 10 hours of skill boost, remember to train yourself, and VOTE!!!

lol compensated with same amount of hours on the next day?... i believe most of the people logged on, tried, and quit... this is not rly going anywhere... looks like staff feel bad for making people life easier on this low ERA...

LOL nice announcement about skill boost on forum... most of people had no idea there was any skill boost..

Artur Wrote:LOL nice announcement about skill boost on forum... most of people had no idea there was any skill boost..

It was announced on the main home page, where news and changes get ANNOUNCED.. Rolleyes

If people missed it then that is their own fault.

I know people aren't satisfied with current state of the shard but this overall negativity isn't really helping. I think we can do better than that.

I don't really log on much but if you visit at least once a week you'd have noticed it on the front page announcements. I got a bit over 10 points of blacksmithy done Smile

Ayleth Payne Wrote:It was announced on the main home page, where news and changes get ANNOUNCED.. Rolleyes

If people missed it then that is their own fault.

Cana Wrote:I know people aren't satisfied with current state of the shard but this overall negativity isn't really helping. I think we can do better than that.

I don't really log on much but if you visit at least once a week you'd have noticed it on the front page announcements. I got a bit over 10 points of blacksmithy done Smile

Sure the skill gain weekend was announced. The part where the skill gain boost was active was not announced. I guess you two missed the part where he said he forgot (I know Ayleth really didn't because I saw her get snippy in chat Tongue).