Poll: Do you agree? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, fizzled recall should consume full mana cost
15.00%
15.00%
No, fizzled recall should consume half mana cost (current)
85.00%
85.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Recall Fizzle Manacost

Mael... Come on... Have you ever played a server (that wasn't an RP server) where it wasn't possible to PK someone? This server has more aspects than PvP, but PvP is the main aspect of the server considering it governs the economy.

There is a difference between PvP and being PK'd. Do you really think you should be able to get away from any PK, despite their skill, whenever you want? Doesn't that make being a PK rather... Unproductive? The whole point is to kill players to support yourself (as a PK), so why should it be impossible to do so? That's exactly how it is now...

Nobody is trying to "force" PvP upon anyone, all we are trying to do is kill people who don't want to die. Just because you don't want to die, doesn't mean it should be impossible for someone to kill you. Plain and simple.

This poll is kinda useless if you think about it, everyone who doesn't want to die are going to vote no..

Habibi Jones Wrote:The threads a joke? Tongue
If a halfway decent player has 1 invis potion and doesn't feel like dying to a gank of 5 people, he is going to get away every time. It definitely shouldn't be like that Tongue Invis potions should not be a "guaranteed" escape, as they pretty much are now, considering the time it takes to detect+magic arrow is greater than recall spell/scroll.

Long story short, there needs to be a way to foil peoples' invis recall, or else there is no reason to be a PK...
I don't know about anyone else, but I've spent my entire UO career making a living off of other players' loot. That's what PK's do, they kill people and take their loot. If a player has a guaranteed escape potion, that completely defeats the purpose of being a PK.

Nobody wants to die, but you shouldn't be able to get out free 90% of the time with an invis pot.

Also, it is impossible to kill a decent player 1v1 if he doesn't want to die or fight. Impossible.

This thread is NOT about invis pots. Its a vote about a pointless nerf to mana penalties of fizzling recall...

*edit* To which I voted "No" to, obviously. The staff has way more important things to do than work on a pointless nerf to recall.

What about disable recall scroll and increase the delay on recall spell depending on the timer on reveal scroll?

Quintus Wrote:What about disable recall scroll and increase the delay on recall spell depending on the timer on reveal scroll?

I think everyone would be for that, but that would be more harmful than removing invis pots

Quintus Wrote:What about disable recall scroll and increase the delay on recall spell depending on the timer on reveal scroll?

Keep recall scroll, increase recall spell and scroll cast time a little bit?