Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How much mana should meditation restore?

Merged another meditation thread with this one, but it looks like it was old and it bumped the old post to the top of this thread. Tongue
I've always supported higher meditation returns and possible a passive bonus so you don't need to spam meditation skill.

Support, Support!

please!

merged another thread into this one. It's getting confusing. Tongue

Thank you so much Eru glad everyone supports an increase. Now we should talk about how much that increase should be. IMO it should be at least 1-5, and at max 3-5. A passive bonus at GM med would also be very helpful.

edit: Perhaps 1-4 mana per med, but if you meditate you "enter a trance" which regenerates mana per second. You "lose your concentration" when put into war mode, attacked, or use another skill?

Taran will need to add it. I'm afraid if I try to do it I'll accidentally the whole server.

Where the heck is he? Tongue Those darn swedes have too much vacation time.

I guess we could try the "unbroken" version of meditation for a while and see what happens. Meaning you start meditating and you will gain mana faster until interrupted by either skill failure, getting attacked etc.

I would say if you increase mana regen, take a look at high damage spells vs players.
The deathmatched i watched was pretty anti climactic, it was just 1 guy getting 2-3 hits in and flamestrike until no mana and cross fingers he died Smile

Meditation wouldn't really affect PvP though since you wouldn't get a chance to meditate before getting attacked. It would only really be useful if you can run away from the fight and meditate in peace.

yes i like the at peace thing a lot.

Yeah give it a shot IMO, it's worth at least trying. Meditation is dreadfully slow :/

Ok I changed meditation and this is how it works now:

Begin meditating when standing still and you will keep gaining mana faster until interrupted which can be caused by either skill failure, combat or movement.
It will take 5 seconds before you start gaining mana and after that a skill check will be made every 5 seconds. The amount of repetitions has been lowered since the old delay was 3.5 seconds so the time it takes to GM the skill is still the same.

Try it out and let me know what you think about it.