Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Give the shard to the players

It is very frustrating, thanks everyone for your hours of play and dedication but i'm bored of you so it's over.

Man u guys just don't get it and that's why the shard failed...its just sad that you guys think your time is so much more important than everyone else's...and to be honest the only thing IN have lived up to is shuting down so good job on that one
Ya must have been nice to get your internet / electicity/ new computer from donations because obviously you don't have to pay for that anymore....

And there were many people that donated scripts to make the shard better which is the same concept of donation....

And its sad u keep saying I'm mad....that's the whole reason why the staff ****ing sucked here u guys seriouslly just don't give a **** about anyone but yourselfs ..

But I do have to say thanks to the people that tried to keep the sever going it was fun while it lasted...maybe ill see u guys on rel por

I think you're being a little harsh Mael, Taran owns the server, he shouldn't have to give it away if he doesn't want to, as for the rest of the staff, we don't really have anything to do with this, we don't own the server and we don't have donation money, I don't see what the ownership of the shard has to do with accusing the staff of being *******s. We tried to help the players and the server, there was no personal gain for us, and we certainly didn't do it for the ingrate abuse and accusations of *******ry and cheating that we got all the time on the forums, in game and at most the events we tried to run.

Loki Wrote:I think you're being a little harsh Mael, Taran owns the server, he shouldn't have to give it away if he doesn't want to, as for the rest of the staff, we don't really have anything to do with this, we don't own the server and we don't have donation money, I don't see what the ownership of the shard has to do with accusing the staff of being *******s. We tried to help the players and the server, there was no personal gain for us, and we certainly didn't do it for the ingrate abuse and accusations of *******ry and cheating that we got all the time on the forums, in game and at most the eventE we tried to run.
It sucks loki cause your right some of the staff tried hard as hell to help people but then there where some that just vanished after they got gm...it does suck that players can be such *******s during events and stuff but it almost comes with the territory...the fact that taran honestly gave up on the shard way way before he decided to shut it down was the problem...in my eyes loki you def were one of the hardest working public staff on here...and I'd like to thank u for trying so hard with the pvp even with all the *****ing

Mael Wrote:the fact that taran honestly gave up on the shard way way before he decided to shut it down was the problem...in my eyes loki you def were one of the hardest working public staff on here...and I'd like to thank u for trying so hard with the pvp even with all the *****ing

i have to agree.. i just feel like taran didnt even try... as some of us did try and try...

I ran this shard and IN:X for a long time with only 20 players online, so saying I never tried kinda pisses me off. I did a lot of stuff and I've spent literally thousands of hours coding and fixing things.
I'm not saying my time is more important than others, in fact we wouldn't even be here without the players and the other staff members. But I can only take a certain amount of *****ing and griefing from players and eventually I ran out of patience.
I've come back to UO several times before after being inactive but I feel it's time to move on. I'm sorry if this upsets some people but it's my life and my own choice.

Yea lol, that was hillarious. I mean guys, what have you done for the shard yourself? You speak of time that you spent.... Well, on what did you spend it? On playing ? You claim you did it for someone else and not for yourself? Sounds like Smoke to me...

Although Taran most likely didn't really do it for community as well, I'm pretty sure he ran the server only because he enjoyed it himself(or enjoyed making the community happy Big Grin) but does the reason "why" matter if this hobby giving a lot of players place to play?...

And when speaking of donations or scripts that were used for the shard - please, speak for yourself. Did you script anything for this server ? About donations, well I for one donated a good part of these 1500$ and it kind of offends me when someone who donated much less or didn't donate at all accuses the staff like if they stole all these money... Speak of the amount that you donated, please.

Btw, If you threw some money after all, tell me - why did you do that? what you donated for?...

In my case IN represented almost everything I like about UO. I cannot script a shard like that myself. I have not enough nerves or patience to run the shard myself too. But Taran had the shard and he ran it, and since I couldn't do much to help I thought I'd donate to show the appreciation. Even if he'd cash it out and spend it on beer - it's his choice.
I mean guys, I'm ruskie but it seems to me you much more into communism and sharing than any other russian. Only that you speak of the other people sharing their time with you, while you didn't. Everyone can come and go, only Taran has to be here for you all the time...? Why everyone keeps forgetting that this server was privately owned non comercial project...?

Gang Wrote:Yea lol, that was hillarious. I mean guys, what have you done for the shard yourself? You speak of time that you spent.... Well, on what did you spend it? On playing ? You claim you did it for someone else and not for yourself? Sounds like Smoke to me...

Although Taran most likely didn't really do it for community as well, I'm pretty sure he ran the server only because he enjoyed it himself(or enjoyed making the community happy Big Grin) but does the reason "why" matter if this hobby giving a lot of players place to play?...

And when speaking of donations or scripts that were used for the shard - please, speak for yourself. Did you script anything for this server ? About donations, well I for one donated a good part of these 1500$ and it kind of offends me when someone who donated much less or didn't donate at all accuses the staff like if they stole all these money... Speak of the amount that you donated, please.

Btw, If you threw some money after all, tell me - why did you do that? what you donated for?...

In my case IN represented almost everything I like about UO. I cannot script a shard like that myself. I have not enough nerves or patience to run the shard myself too. But Taran had the shard and he ran it, and since I couldn't do much to help I thought I'd donate to show the appreciation. Even if he'd cash it out and spend it on beer - it's his choice.
I mean guys, I'm ruskie but it seems to me you much more into communism and sharing than any other russian. Only that you speak of the other people sharing their time with you, while you didn't. Everyone can come and go, only Taran has to be here for you e the time...? Why everyone keeps forgetting that this server was privately owned non comercial project...?

your right I didn't donate anywhere near 1500 but I'm def not a rich dude and even 100 dollars is expensive for me...but that's the problem gang maybe people would have help but basicly weren't allowed because we don't have some crazy reputation and in turn couldn't do anything...
It just Wierd to me that some says they want to move on but want to keep something that many people have worked on for themselfs..wtf is the point..

You can say it is his but I'm sure it was given to him...so why not pay it forward...

I know of several people that would have hosted and anwsered pages all day if they could...but nope if taran don't know u it futile

Maybe u don't care where your money goes but I donated to the shard for the purpose of helping the community not so taran could spend It as he chooses...
To be honest in the us you could prob get sued for that kind of Crap.....

It's like giving a donation to a charity for heart problems and they spend it on buying a new car...

But ill just take it as a loss and move on...

There is no point trying to reason with unreasonable people. I thought leaving the forums up was a good thing, but I'm not so sure anymore. There seems to be mainly just bitter resentment so far. The attitude that comes across is that people are somehow entitled to having the shard files or have Taran continue hosting the shard. That's not how voluntary positions or free services work. If you were charged money, then you could demand a service that you paid for. Donations aren't a service fee.

Well it sucks to shut it down.

How hard can it be to have a comp to run in a room, that cost around 39$ per month, witch is standard for a normal home pay.

let other ppl connect and restart the server if its needed to..

Many people lost alot of houres of work and play time they spent on this server, doenst seems right.

// BenSa

If you want to help keep Imagine Nation going with the best site, forums, hardware and connection possible, make a donation by clicking the cute kitty below or the donate button to the right!

I dunno that's pretty mis leading if u ask me..

Bensa game time means nothing....so I've been told...

Mael Wrote:It's like giving a donation to a charity for heart problems and they spend it on buying a new car...

How many times does it need to be said that donations went towards paying electricity, internet fees, server, etc? Those things aren't cheap.

Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad.