Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Teleport - fizzle

Hello everyone,
I think that you should be able to fizzle a teleport spell (other player trying to teleport) by casting harmful spells on the other player.
Just like canceling a recall.
For example if someone casts you inside of walls so that youd ont escape imediately.

Well if you firefield someone in a wall they really can't get away as it is, I think they should at least have a chance and teleport out considering in that time people can fs the person while hes trapped and hes not casting heal and such

Ondros Wrote:Hello everyone,
I think that you should be able to fizzle a teleport spell (other player trying to teleport) by casting harmful spells on the other player.
For example if someone casts you inside of walls so that youd ont escape imediately.

Agree 150%
This is how it must work:
If you cast teleport and target a ground tile, you can be fizzled with a spell.
If you cast teleport and target a player, you cannot be fizzled with a spell.

This is the way to go :thumbsup:

Habibi Jones Wrote:Agree 150%
This is how it must work:
If you cast teleport and target a ground tile, you can be fizzled with a spell.
If you cast teleport and target a player, you cannot be fizzled with a spell.

This is the way to go :thumbsup:

can you explain why it should not be fizzled if you teleport on player rather than a tile? it makes no sense to have one but not the other..?

sm0ke Wrote:can you explain why it should not be fizzled if you teleport on player rather than a tile? it makes no sense to have one but not the other..?

Well, there is reasoning to everything I post. The reason it should not be fizzlable if you target a player is so that teleport doesn't become useless (for example if you are in a crosswall).
Say you are in a cross wall. If you target the ground with teleport, you can be fizzled by players. If you target one of the guys attacking you, he has to run out of LOS so that you fizzle the teleport.
That's why it should be that way, so that you can still use teleport to escape. If you have a guy trapped and you see him teleporting on you, it forces you to run out of LOS so that his tele fizzles. If he casts it on the ground then you can just fizzle him.
This is a heavily tested mechanism, it works great Tongue

i dont see what changes a tile or a player their both objects? imo it shouldn't be changed.. bridge ganks are stupid as is atm it's like playing tetris with walls..

Nice suggestion!! Instead of that create a new spell that only works if the target is cross walled, so it should be a summon, with that spell you summon an energy vortex, a drake, a dragon and the guardian of destard to attack your target! also after he's dead his boddy is automatically cut and the ghost is sent to to the limbo where he will be res killled 10 times by a balrog, only then he will be teleported back into ghost's or prototype's hq, roll a dice to see which hq will be....

Ondros Wrote:Hello everyone,

Also I think that spells like recall,teleport,wall of stone, dispel field could be fizzled by harming the target. maybe with a chance of 50%
you can always use scrolls of these spells which are faster and there is less time for anyone to fizzle you.

For example you carry a teleport scroll in case you get in a stonewall cross by a pk.

What do you think ?

I'm not really sure this is a necessary change. Is there any motivation besides people escaping from cross walls?

Loki Wrote:I'm not really sure this is a necessary change. Is there any motivation besides people escaping from cross walls?

well yeah that's exactly what i'm getting at, and it would pretty much ruin the purpose of escaping from people in CTF's and everyone would just make lasttarget teleport macros :/

sm0ke Wrote:i dont see what changes a tile or a player their both objects? imo it shouldn't be changed.. bridge ganks are stupid as is atm it's like playing tetris with walls..

This.

Not big on the idea of wall of stone being fizzled because it can be used for quick LoS to escape being ganked. I saw Vandyke do it when he had 4 *******s trying to kill him and I gotta say it's a damn good tactic.