Poll: Would you like to see spells get fizzled/interupted? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.24%
48.24%
No
51.76%
51.76%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Right now all I see for PvP is spam Flamestrike, Bolt if they're weak. Spam Gheal if you get hurt, and run like a pansy while doing so. If you get paralyzed, Marrow yourself, spam Gheal, and run like a pansy. If someone dies, spam res before the corpse can be cut and run spamming gheal, like a pansy.

And if you PK someone in guard range, well cut it and send in your blue guildmate to do the dirty work.

I can't say I've seen "skill."

I've noticed when I run out there, naked with a poisoned newbied kryss, and poison-stab some ego loaded PK, they run and spam Gheal. It's hilarious.

In fact, I've found that strategically placing a wall where the PK's typically kite really really screws them over because they're so use to the repetition of spamming gheal and running. They don't think that they might get corned because everyone else is right behind them spamming Flamestrike. My addition of wall into the mix around Brit Bridge doofus PvP has made everyone put dispell onto their screen, but they still let themselves get cornered out in the field because there's no thinking involved when all you need is a handful of spells. Making forts on the bridge has been hilarious and made things much more dynamic.

Weapon's aren't being used, unless it's to kill some who just ressed. Melee is nothing because everyone is running away from each other. If you're paralyzed with a weapon, you can't cast a spell because you can't unequip them. So no one uses weapons because the only way to win is to cast the 4-5 spells being used in PvP or have a lot of numbers.

But of course the first sign of danger people just recall out of combat anyway. That's skill, right?

Felonious Wrote:Right now all I see for PvP is spam Flamestrike, Bolt if they're weak. Spam Gheal if you get hurt, and run like a pansy while doing so. If you get paralyzed, Marrow yourself, spam Gheal, and run like a pansy. If someone dies, spam res before the corpse can be cut and run spamming gheal, like a pansy.

And if you PK someone in guard range, well cut it and send in your blue guildmate to do the dirty work.

I can't say I've seen "skill."

I've noticed when I run out there, naked with a poisoned newbied kryss, and poison-stab some ego loaded PK, they run and spam Gheal. It's hilarious.

In fact, I've found that strategically placing a wall where the PK's typically kite really really screws them over because they're so use to the repetition of spamming gheal and running. They don't think that they might get corned because everyone else is right behind them spamming Flamestrike. My addition of wall into the mix around Brit Bridge doofus PvP has made everyone put dispell onto their screen, but they still let themselves get cornered out in the field because there's no thinking involved when all you need is a handful of spells. Making forts on the bridge has been hilarious and made things much more dynamic.

Weapon's aren't being used, unless it's to kill some who just ressed. Melee is nothing because everyone is running away from each other. If you're paralyzed with a weapon, you can't cast a spell because you can't unequip them. So no one uses weapons because the only way to win is to cast the 4-5 spells being used in PvP or have a lot of numbers.

But of course the first sign of danger people just recall out of combat anyway. That's skill, right?

Just to clarify in your type of fizzle pvp, in ganks you wouldn't use melee weapons either. I don't know why people keep bringing that up, you'd rather fizzle and have people cast rather than run up to that person.

Just wanted to throw that out there before you say it takes no skill, yet you hide in town. Fun is what you make of it, if you would get a group of blues to get the 5 red peekays at the bridge it would be more entertaining for everyone. But instead it's just constant walls hiding and complaining.

A handful of spells and calculation does take more skill than running and using LoS imo yes. It's about using math and reaction and cleverness, instead of just reaction and cleverness avoiding LoS for fizzle PvP.

There are times where fizzle PvP arenas are up, where you can enjoy and play I don't see why everyone still needs to constantly rag on the PvP because they're not good at it or don't understand it.

Personally I'm just throwing out strong and logical points I don't care what opinion you have created about me at this point or anyone else for that matter, but this is the most logical thing I've probably said in a long time without starting an argument.

I love fizzle PvP, you have to learn your spell timings a lot more and you have to learn how to use LOS to your advantage. It seems more fast paced and fun.
If I have to wait for special events to get fizzle PvP I will, I just hope they're often.
Edit: and if fizzle PvP was in place bows would require a min dist of a couple tiles to be able to shoot.

I hide in town because I started 5 days ago, have no skills maxed up and only regs and potions looted off corpses. Most of the blues at the bridge are the same, just like me, started recently and have limited items and skills. Anytime I see people who are blue and look like potential PvPers organize, the PKer's just run away, kite, or recall.

Currently, for me, and many like me, there is no possible way to defeat a team of geared and skill-maxed enemies. Meanwhile, the PKer's at the bridge get their rocks off by gutting any player, sometimes killing or stealing their mounts, and then touting their trademark sayings like they did something amazing, and well, I'm just hoping they're not deterring new players and possibly future PvPers that the PK's so desperately want right now. The behavior I've seen at the bridge isn't a desire for PvP, just a desire for bullying.

I screw around at the bridge for the lols and to steal whatever I can from PK's while I'm there. That's exciting, to get away with loot or escape from a near death. I run around only armed in newbied items because right now with my character there is no point in trying to fight back seriously. As far as serious PvP where I have supplies invested, I don't see myself wasting time at the Brit Bridge.

When my skills are up, and I have a decent amount of supplies, all I expect to see is panicked players spam recall, unless they outnumber me.

Because that's all I've seen so far from watching other players, when I'm running along side them and observing a fight (And hoping to score easy loot). It's easy to escape from a fight when you're losing by spamming or recalling. People talk about 15 minute duels in fizzle pvp, but with pvp now most of the time I see is 4 minute chases where no one dies that should be put to Benny Hill music, or a 1 sec gank of a new player. On occasion, I've seen players trapped, but that's more on luck, then planning, because if you're paying attention it's easy to get out of the way before a wall lands. I'm glad though that the addition of wall spam has altered how players react in world PvP, dynamic is good.

And I'm not creating opinions about you, I don't want to give you that impression, I have no idea who you are in game. I hold no reservations against those fellows, or you, even if I don't agree with their activities, it's all part of the fun. But I agree, the arena's might satisfy those looking for other types of PvP, and I may just decide not to participate in world PvP if people go out of their way to be @sses and then wonder why people don't come back to fight again, who knows. @sshole PKer's have long been a defining example of Ultima Online, and I guess I don't expect that to change, unless the entire server camped them deservedly.

Felonious Wrote:I hide in town because I started 5 days ago, have no skills maxed up and only regs and potions looted off corpses. Most of the blues at the bridge are the same, just like me, started recently and have limited items and skills. Anytime I see people who are blue and look like potential PvPers organize, the PKer's just run away, kite, or recall.

Currently, for me, and many like me, there is no possible way to defeat a team of geared and skill-maxed enemies. Meanwhile, the PKer's at the bridge get their rocks off by gutting any player, sometimes killing or stealing their mounts, and then touting their trademark sayings like they did something amazing, and well, I'm just hoping they're not deterring new players and possibly future PvPers that the PK's so desperately want right now. The behavior I've seen at the bridge isn't a desire for PvP, just a desire for bullying.

I screw around at the bridge for the lols and to steal whatever I can from PK's while I'm there. That's exciting, to get away with loot or escape from a near death. I run around only armed in newbied items because right now with my character there is no point in trying to fight back seriously. As far as serious PvP where I have supplies invested, I don't see myself wasting time at the Brit Bridge.

When my skills are up, and I have a decent amount of supplies, all I expect to see is panicked players spam recall, unless they outnumber me.

Because that's all I've seen so far from watching other players, when I'm running along side them and observing a fight (And hoping to score easy loot). It's easy to escape from a fight when you're losing by spamming or recalling. People talk about 15 minute duels in fizzle pvp, but with pvp now most of the time I see is 4 minute chases where no one dies that should be put to Benny Hill music, or a 1 sec gank of a new player. On occasion, I've seen players trapped, but that's more on luck, then planning, because if you're paying attention it's easy to get out of the way before a wall lands. I'm glad though that the addition of wall spam has altered how players react in world PvP, dynamic is good.

And I'm not creating opinions about you, I don't want to give you that impression, I have no idea who you are in game. I hold no reservations against those fellows, or you, even if I don't agree with their activities, it's all part of the fun. But I agree, the arena's might satisfy those looking for other types of PvP, and I may just decide not to participate in world PvP if people go out of their way to be @sses and then wonder why people don't come back to fight again, who knows. @sshole PKer's have long been a defining example of Ultima Online, and I guess I don't expect that to change, unless the entire server camped them deservedly.

The opinion thing wasn't directed at you it was for other people not to post and say I was complaining :p, I've been in your shoes where you just wanna play I understand and agree with you but you need your skills and you need to macro before you can really do anything on this shard.

The basic pvp skills are:

Magery
Eval int
Anatomy
Combats + tactics
Healing
Meditation

Bonus skills:

Alch
Stealth
Detect hidden
Tracking

Hope this helped, and I also agree that recall is a pain as well, I've tried to suggest fixes they just haven't been implanted or liked although still waiting on word for paralyze fizzling recall.

The current state of pvp is rediculous. I couldn't bring myself to reading all the crap but i doubt there are any good arguments to stick with the current pvp system. It sucks balls. And the fizzle pvp on the other hand is awesome! So change this stuff!

hoax Wrote:The current state of pvp is rediculous. I couldn't bring myself to reading all the crap but i doubt there are any good arguments to stick with the current pvp system. It sucks balls. And the fizzle pvp on the other hand is awesome! So change this stuff!

I mean come on.. was this really needed? This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Everyone that's new is just so against it, sure it can be tweaked in weapon damage hit/miss and armors but the overall outcome is pretty well done and balanced. Try it out rather than hating it and not adapting to it, if you need tips or pointers ask me what skills to use etc it's what the players and staff are here for. Don't knock it until you put the effort into training your skills and trying it please.

Felonious, before I start explaining how the PvP works I've got to say something:

The walls, seriously dude, do you think you came up with that idea? We've used walls here for decades, for yeeears. I've used walls at the Britain Bridge since I started playing UO, and yes - with this PvP-style! It's nothing new, people didn't just put "dispel field" into their hotkey-bar, they have had it for a long time.

Ok, now when that's done I'd like to reply to your posts:

The PvP is way more advanced than it LOOKS when you watch people duel. You don't "see" that people mix scrolls and normal spells (scrolls are faster but either does less damage or intakes more mana), the same powerword is shown above the head so you don't notice that, but it happens. What you also don't see is how much more advanced the PvP gets when GOOD players fight and actually use more spells, good spells, spells that the "mediocre gankers" may not use.

I for example always run around and cast a wall behind me to use LoS to my advantage, to make people fizzle spells. After that I make them waste their mana that way and then I gank them back WITH LoS using that wall, BUT with our PvP. Our PvP does not rule out LoS, it just changes it. Most people here just doesn't realize that or even tries that.

I'd also like to mention that weapons do matter here! Sure not if somebody is RUNNING AWAY from you! (but that is same at the fizzle shard as well). If they however actually fight back at you then you will have to use the weapon unless the other guy is a complete newbie who knows nothing about healing. This shards 1vs1 duels is a balance between weapon damage AND good spell combination and timing, you can't really do without one of them if you are doing a 1vs1, and that is how it should be, to make weapons "worth something". I have duelled several times in the fizzle pvp arena arena, I have WON a lot in the fizzle pvp arena, and no I have not even set a macro on a weapon yet. (not saying it can't be useful there as well but I do not need it at least, not while I am duelling on a ride anyways, people just can't catch up). I'm not saying that weapons aren't worth something at fizzle pvp tho, I'm just saying that when you are on a ride it's actually even less used than here, even in 1vs1. Here you actually have to use it in 1v1 if u want to kill somebody EVEN if you are on a ride.

Ok, that's all I had to say for now. Thank you for choosing Imagine Nation and I hope you will have fun here, once you give our PvP-style a chance and realizes that you CAN use LoS here too, and that it is a lot of fun!

(Trust the fizzle pvpers who already tried it out and likes it! There are several of those here at the shard already, and they all sounded like you when they came here)

- Adam

Adam Wrote:If they however actually fight back at you then you will have to use the weapon unless the other guy is a complete newbie who knows nothing about healing.

lol you mean

"In Vas Mani"
"In Vas Mani"
"In Vas Mani"
"In Vas Mani"
"In Vas Mani"
"In Vas Mani"
"In Vas Mani"

TBH I will bet you all the gol di have on this shard, that greater heal is the most cast spell on this server, maybe even 1.5x or 2x as much if not more than the 2nd most cast spell.

Thenu Wrote:lol you mean
TBH I will bet you all the gol di have on this shard, that greater heal is the most cast spell on this server, maybe even 1.5x or 2x as much if not more than the 2nd most cast spell.
that's your argument? On fizzle servers Magic Arrow is 5x more than ALL casts in the aggregate.

So much whining from low noobs lately on forum. If you can't kill a person who is constantly spamming "In Vas Mani" doesn't mean that this type of pvp sucks it only means that you suck.

There are only two heal spells (in any version of UO) and here I see a lot of best PvPers make use of Heal, Greater Heal and the scrolls for both. You can't really ask for more than that since there is no other healing spell.

That being said, and getting very tired of repeating myself, the PvP is under review/we are working on it and all the arguing like this is not productive.

sm0ke Wrote:A handful of spells and calculation does take more skill than running and using LoS imo yes. It's about using math and reaction and cleverness, instead of just reaction and cleverness avoiding LoS for fizzle PvP.

Actually I would say that spells and calculation is also used with fizzle. It's not like you can just rely on line of sight to save you, you need to know the spell timings just like you do with IN UO. If you cast FS on me I can quickly cast lighting on you to fizzle your FS. Or, I can cast FS after you cast yours, making you think yours will land first and fizzle mine, but I LOS and land mine.

Both styles use tactics and require skill, just different ( ok maybe fizzle does require a bit more finesse and skill Tongue )