Poll: Should guild looting be legal? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, a crafty thief deserves his plunder
59.57%
59.57%
No, I like carebear rules
40.43%
40.43%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Legalize guild looting petition

Kennedy Wrote:Fulm,
I'm not talking about pushing the elderly down a set of stairs.

Well I am!!!! But when are we going to get item insurance and colored ethy mounts? But hay you can trash all pvp gear since we might have 10 gold pvp pits that will supply you with every thing you need. So all you need to do is kill 10 mongbats for 10 diff fights in the pit. Its win win!!!! *recalls to tram*

Fulmanar Wrote:Why would you punish the victim of a crime, if I was careless and left my door unlocked at night and I was robbed do you put me in jail because I was careless? No of course not, you go after the robber.

LMAO Fulm, again with the real life comparison scenarios. Do you have trouble separating UO from real life? I believe there's an 800 number for things like that.

Also, with your quote here, Im curious to know how you feel about the stealing skill in the game. Getting items stolen from you at the bank without the thief turning grey/getting gwhacked? What should we do about this problem? Nerf stealing/items until it fits a description/mechanic you deem is fitting? Remove thieving altogether since its a 'threat to our playerbase'?

Also, you need to realize, many players play uo for this very reason....to do these EXACT things! Isn't that just as big a risk....losing potential long-term members/potential doantors...compared to losing a few sensitive players who QQ and bug the piss out of staff about everything just because they forgot to take their tampon out?

This is a big boy(FEL)shard, stop trying to play that down and defend the rules that are making it the opposite.

It must suck to play uo and all you see is gray. ooOooOoooOOOoOO

Kennedy Wrote:LMAO Fulm, again with the real life comparison scenarios. Do you have trouble separating UO from real life? I believe there's an 800 number for things like that.

Also, with your quote here, Im curious to know how you feel about the stealing skill in the game. Getting items stolen from you at the bank without the thief turning grey/getting gwhacked? What should we do about this problem? Nerf stealing/items until it fits a description/mechanic you deem is fitting? Remove thieving altogether since its a 'threat to our playerbase'?

Also, you need to realize, many players play uo for this very reason....to do these EXACT things! Isn't that just as big a risk....losing potential long-term members/potential doantors...compared to losing a few sensitive players who QQ and bug the piss out of staff about everything just because they forgot to take their tampon out?

This is a big boy(FEL)shard, stop trying to play that down and defend the rules that are making it the opposite.

How is my analogy any different from UO? if I left my guild doors open and or I was careless with whom I was recruiting you don't punish the victim of the crime, how am I to make a comparison to something without using real life? I live in the real life, just because comparing things works well with my point and badly for yours does not make it any less valid.

How is thieving a threat to our playerbase, i've never stolen anything so I would know but last i remember trying to steal an item past any kind of weight limit was very hard, whereas with guild looting you have a chest or chest(s) full of items and a ban right next to it where you can take literally everything in seconds, there's no risk to it, no work.

And how am I coming into this? I don't deem anything fitting, I'm simply stating what the situation is and why I think it is, you could put guild looting on tomorrow and I wouldn't really mind, well that's not true, I would mind in a short while because everyone will leave because the guilds will crumble in short pace.

People play on UO shards that cater to their playstyle, this shard does not, no one is stopping you from playing those shards so you can do that exact stuff.

I am not playing it down again for the 7th time now, I agree with you, but this is not just a FEL shard this is Imagine Nation and Taran makes IN whatever he pleases even if it makes whomever unhappy, it's his show.

Kenedy this guy is so hard headed I pretty much gave up in the other thread it was about 14 pages long, he thinks it's his way or the high way his opinion doesn't even matter to me at this point

sm0ke Wrote:Again well spoken, smashing these guys in debates gives me more relief than actually PvPing in this shard right now.

sm0ke Wrote:Kenedy this guy is so hard headed I pretty much gave up in the other thread it was about 14 pages long, he thinks it's his way or the high way his opinion doesn't even matter to me at this point

[Image: tqgu1.jpg]

Brandon Wrote:[Image: tqgu1.jpg]

yeah and?

Littering and AAAA, Littering and AAAA, Littering and AAAA, Smoking the reefer. [Image: 3940469_std.jpg]

sm0ke Wrote:yeah and?

Eh, I just remembered you're from Canada. It's understandable if you do not know what I was referring to.

Brandon Wrote:Eh, I just remembered you're from Canada. It's understandable if you do not know what I was referring to.

I know what you were referring too did you need to go off topic? I mean were having a debate this is how the arguing starts..

Kennedy, your whole argument hinges on the following train of thought.

There was a shard with guild looting allowed
A guild got looted
They complained
This rule was a direct response to those complaints
There is now a shard with no guild looting allowed

Some conclusions you have drawn and questions you have asked as a result

The shard is carebear
The staff are playing favourites
Why have pking and stealing on such a shard
It will directly lead to more carebear rulesets
Everyone will leave

To start, your logic regarding the situation that occurred and the resulting rule of no guild looting is based on a lot of assumptions and wording things to sound worse than they actually are. Go read the thread that was posted when the rule was brought into effect to get a better understanding of how this rule came about and why, rather than making assumptions and arguing based on them. It was implemented to prevent mass quit events, not as favouritism.

Secondly, your conclusions. The shard has pking, house looting, stealing, a bounty system. Sounds the opposite of carebear to me. It is a very real chance that you as a singular player can lose all your stuff. I would call that not carebear. If you disagree, ok, then the argument becomes about where to draw the line in the sand. This nonsense about if this rule stays only more carebear rules will come and people will leave is sensationalist and does nothing to help the discussion.

Saying it's favouritism is blatantly incorrect and really needs to stay out of this. Even if it was true, how about discussing the idea on its merits and ignoring such things. I mean, especially if it was true, what would be the point? They wouldn't be up to change anything if it was. (clearly not the case, demonstrated by eru in this very thread).

Finally, the strongest argument against guild looting for me is that it prohibits forming guilds with people you have not met before playing this shard in-game. Making an alt, ingratiating your way into the guild and then stealing everything is something you can't really guard against if the person is dedicated. Those of you with guilds of people you only knew of already are fine of course, you already have enough guild members that you don't need new ones, but everyone else, not so much.

Edit: forgot a point. If you haven't yet understood what fulmanar said about player base increasing while the rule was in effect, keep reading it until you do. He's not saying it caused the increase, he's saying people stayed despite it existing.

sm0ke Wrote:I know what you were referring too did you need to go off topic? I mean were having a debate this is how the arguing starts..

I don't see how you're having a debate, you literally refuse to debate with me, you're just making topical gawks and remarks when you can.

"Kenedy this guy is so hard headed I pretty much gave up in the other thread it was about 14 pages long, he thinks it's his way or the high way his opinion doesn't even matter to me at this point "