Poll: Should Icebludel be a second guarded mine? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, guarded.
42.55%
42.55%
No, unguarded.
57.45%
57.45%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Second Guarded Mine? (Icebludel)

Doodz guards are for carebear babies!

Elia Wrote:Yes. I'm for it, but both Siren and Habibi are right. That would be a very easy way to get rich without any risk.

No risk? how? The only thing is poker, and that takes a rake/risk playing and losing there's a risk in everything hunting, at sea with with sea serpents or coming in contact with other players while at see or hunting. Guarded mines allow you to use the automining script smelt it bank and continue all you have to do is press a button. Compared to the other ways to making money this is just ridiculous adding a new mine, the reason MT Kendall one is so full in the first place is because it's guarded and it takes no risk. Adding another one will just double the amount of people to rather go afk and mine and make tons of money or have tons of armors in the economy or ingots that aren't being used. It should be either deal with the all the people in that one guarded area because you don't have the any risk of dying or move to another mine where you can mine whatever you want freely at your own risk.

Habibi Jones Wrote:You failed completely to see the point...
When you hunt, you are unsafe, open to being killed by another player.
When you are in a guarded mine, you sit there and type in verification codes. 0 danger.
Understand? It's not 'too easy' to make money while mining in a guarded area, it's 'too safe'.
However I think we should keep the unguarded mines, because a lot of people like them.

I get the point, but there are SO many palces to hunt, what are the chances of seeing someone? It's actually very safe in my experience. Mining on the other hand is basically just done at Mt Kendall as far as I know, perhaps some in icebluedel. Also when you are hunting you are actually 100% there (relatively I guess..) versus mining youre just watching for the gump. I can always recall if I get ganked while hunting (ill have the supplies to fight back also) whereas in mining I would be doing it naked probably with a mining pick.

edit: also safe = easy, the only thing not "easy" about hunting is it isn't safe. The two are very much connected.

Ramza Wrote:I get the point, but there are SO many palces to hunt, what are the chances of seeing someone? It's actually very safe in my experience. Mining on the other hand is basically just done at Mt Kendall as far as I know, perhaps some in icebluedel. Also when you are hunting you are actually 100% there (relatively I guess..) versus mining youre just watching for the gump. I can always recall if I get ganked while hunting (ill have the supplies to fight back also) whereas in mining I would be doing it naked probably with a mining pick.

edit: also safe = easy, the only thing not "easy" about hunting is it isn't safe. The two are very much connected.

You sure about that? I kill about 10 if not more hunters a day making 100k free gold off people hunting or people recalling away and i take the loot they didn't loot or the monsters that are almost dead. It's obvious that you don't adventure much outside and do much anything other than mining :p

sm0ke Wrote:You sure about that? I kill about 10 if not more hunters a day making 100k free gold off people hunting or people recalling away and i take the loot they didn't loot or the monsters that are almost dead. It's obvious that you don't adventure much outside and do much anything other than mining :p

Well they are going to the wrong places I guess. Destard and Despise are probably the most common hunting grounds.

Ramza Wrote:Well they are going to the wrong places I guess. Destard and Despise are probably the most common hunting grounds.

I check hyloth destard despise ice decit tarathan keep and covetus so i duno where you expect to hunt if i recall at least 5-10 times a day searching for action.

I voted yes as well. I kinda agree with Habibi. One guarded mine or ten... The first mine not only makes the mining inside it safe, it also makes it so people won't even bother searching for miners, thus making it triple safer even in unguarded mines. As long as most of miners right now are in guard zone, the most of potential PKers won't even bother..
I also agree we should keep unguarded mines, these aren't useless.

I'm guessing none of you have tried to kill miners because it sure as heck doesn't seem like you have. Most people run EasyUO scripts. More often than not, they're not paying attention to the screen much other than to check for the AFK gump. Most people leave the guarded area to bank. I've seen countless people killed by reds outside Mt Kendall. All you have to do is paralyze the miner as soon as they exit the mine, X them in, and then kill. You act like they're 100% safe. I've only seen ONE person take the time to recall out of the mine to bank. You're actually making it harder on yourself by wanting to eliminate the guarded mines. If there's a great risk of being killed a lot people will be glued to their screen waiting to use an escape macro the minute they see a red. The way it is now, you're basically being fed ingots. They bring them to you. It takes very little effort to kill a miner running a script and not paying much attention to the screen.

Heck, stealing in Mt Kendall is super easy as well. Snoop, find sapphire, kill NPC miner, steal and then run to bank box. It's not 100% safe in the mine. You're a fool if you think it's 100% safe.

EDIT: While I was typing this I was killed by Tony Montana and Misery Destrega and so was Kahlan.

Lmfao... Killed while mining/responding to the thread Tongue Classic support of your stance!
Hey I'm not saying it's 100% safe... It is very easy to sit outside the mine and wait for people who are afk to run out via script.
It's quite a bit harder to kill a miner who is NOT AFK though (even if you aren't supposed to AFK mine Tongue)

I played on a lot of shard but i cant believe that there is a guarded mine on a pvp shard Smile You can get the rarest recources without any risk. I would prefer jsut one gurded mine and just finding Iron ore in it. So it is good for beginners and people who wanna get BS GM (the long time it takes is enough). But all others have to go risky to get the nice stuff.
The problem is that you need balanced order and chos guilds so that the orders could protect miners. This would start nice pvp fights. And than just one (iron) guarded mine is enough because the most miners would choose one of the other mines...

But having a second mine in wich i could get the good stuff would be a fail in my opinion, because so everyone will have the rarest ores and armores with the time...

The problem there is that people choose guild factions based on who they want to fight, not based on their opinion on order/chaos.

I've been ganked by "Order" guilds more than I have by Chaos guilds tbh.

EDIT: But that's not the point of your post, so back to your point, I think only Iron is a little harsh, and it turns out people don't really want to pay for the rarer armours because apparently they don't really do much for people.

Rokat Wrote:I played on a lot of shard but i cant believe that there is a guarded mine on a pvp shard Smile You can get the rarest recources without any risk. I would prefer jsut one gurded mine and just finding Iron ore in it. So it is good for beginners and people who wanna get BS GM (the long time it takes is enough). But all others have to go risky to get the nice stuff.
The problem is that you need balanced order and chos guilds so that the orders could protect miners. This would start nice pvp fights. And than just one (iron) guarded mine is enough because the most miners would choose one of the other mines...

But having a second mine in wich i could get the good stuff would be a fail in my opinion, because so everyone will have the rarest ores and armores with the time...

People probably make more money off iron then they any other ingot because of the quantity.

I dont see a problem with 2 guarded mines as long as it's only 2