Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with new gump.

That makes me a sad panda. Sad Isn't being physically present good enough? Why do I have to watch my character swing an axe at a tree, then a different tree, then a different tree? Or swing a pickaxe for an hour straight?

I thought the gump was to keep people from turning it on, then leaving the house to go to work and coming back with a butt-load of resources. I think as long as someone's at the computer that's running the character, it should be fine.

Meh, I can always just run UO on my 2nd monitor and watch for the popup while I'm on the net.

Well if you can surf/play etc without having to worry about getting killed (since you will know the instant the gump comes) it's too easy to get resources.
But as you said, if you have 2 monitors you can do other stuff while at the same time keep an eye on UO.

Taran Wrote:Well if you can surf/play etc without having to worry about getting killed (since you will know the instant the gump comes) it's too easy to get resources.
But as you said, if you have 2 monitors you can do other stuff while at the same time keep an eye on UO.

i have a suggestion about the gump.
because of the same problem even fixed.
i think you can set some simple questions to confirm AFK or not.
for example :
"1 + one = ?"
answer "2" or "two".

"are you here?"
answer "yes" or "here".

"what is the apple color?"
answer "red" or "green"

it should be 2 - 3 chance to answer it.
i think that should be better than look at the web and think that is O or zero that is Q or 9?
and try all then die. and that is no answer.:\

[SIZE="6"]みんなひとり[/SIZE]

Dr.K Wrote:i think that should be better than look at the web and think that is O or zero that is Q or 9?
and try all then die. and that is no answer.:\

No offence, but have you tried reading what it says on the website? There are no numbers and all letters should be small.
It also says you can refresh the image as many times as you would like without using up a try.

Problem with a regular gump is that all packages can be read, which means you will be able to write a script that always enter the correct code.

I totally agree with dr.k, taran please have a look into this.

thanks

All those suggestions can be easily broken through packeting...that's why the gump is the way it is.

Yet again, it was made, for a reason.

I like the gump too, but I don't like getting words like cloaca.... :/

That gump is watching me somehow. I know it. I can't think of anything off the top of my head but for example: I'll be sleepy and getting ready to go to bed and I'll get "coffee" for my word.

Also, it's a nice way to learn new words. I had no idea there were that many 5-6 letter words in the English language. I'll see some random string of letters and think that there's no way it's a word and that it's just a bunch gibberish, and I'll check the dictionary and it's some kind of cheese made from milking kangaroo rats or something equally obscure.