Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with new gump.

That's great you guys added it in, more secure, making players work for there resources. But I am using Mozilla Firefox, uninstalled and tried Internet Explorer, but I have been getting 2 problems.

1st: Sometimes I get disconnected when the gump pops up, thus when I log back in, the box to type the message within browser isn't there, thus can't move, and I die.

2nd: When it works, does this:The messages stated in the box I typed in didn't work. Use lower case letters. This was the word I got, "lookup". I tried like this, lookup, look up, look(2spaces)up, l o o k u p"Way it looked on broswer", and l0okup <---Which looked like a zero to me. I tried all of these.

Do you think it's my UO, I am currently Up to date with my UO, and latest Razor, does the gump need a earlier release of UO/Razor?

Shouldn't be anything wrong with the Internet code, it is just an image that gets displayed and that gets "updated in game". My best guess is that you somehow got the word wrong, which is quite strange as you seem so sure of the word, or that you refreshed the web page, without knowing it (having it minimized in another browser, looking at an old image etc), so that a new word was selected.

If you do not know what word it is, I suggest refreshing/getting a new image, that way you can be a bit more sure when you see a familiar word (I know lookup is familiar enoughTongue). But those are my best guesses, cause I'm quite sure the code works the way it should.

The crashing in game part I do not know. Since you are using up to date clients, that should not be an issue. Some people are known to have issues with gumps though, so I'll suggest that someone makes a fix for the anti macro gump. In such a way that if you have the gump, then crash/log, you'll be prompted with the gump when you log back in.

So, I can refresh if I don't understand?, won't die?

About the other issue, I get it, estimating around 35% of the time, give or take a few percentages. This server, you require up to date UO/Razor? or is there a place you want us to stop at? Ex: 4.0.11? Which I am currently now 5.0.6"Max".

You can essentially refresh it (the web page) as many times as you like, without dieing. In game you have 5 tries to get the current word right. That means that if you refresh it, make sure you are in the "new" windowTongue This should only be an issue with multiple windows up making you confused.

And there should be no client/tool limit as far as I know. I know injection clients had some problems with newer (as in newer version of UO) gumps, but I don't think they have a problem with the older ones.

I think this new system is absolutely retarded. It insults me as a player and makes mining and gathering resources annoying for players who don't afk mine. An ingame gump prompting me for an answer was fine. Now your opening my web browser and making me switch programs in the middle of my mining process. How inconvenient! Some people can't even see the right letters, they are written to be so ambiguous. (Is that a O or a 0)

WHATS WRONG WITH THE OLD GUMP?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!?!? :badgrin:

u could use razor to make it klick the "right button" while u were mining afk, cheating ur resources :/ so i guess this new gump is fine, and perfect Big Grin

edit: but i agree with the thing that the letters are a bit hard to read, i guess it would do fine with regular letters since this is just as a proof that ur not afk, its not a brain puzzle thingy :p so writing down the word, in easy to read - letters should be enough proof that ur sitting there, watching over ur player, right? Wink

- regards, Fable

Fable Wrote:u could use razor to make it klick the "right button" while u were mining afk, cheating ur resources :/

Good well that changes everything keep the new gump

There are no numbers in the gump (web captcha) and all letters are lowercase...

I like it. It's easy to type the word in and submit and you don't have to worry about screwing it up and dying because you can just refresh it.

Regards.

omg.
I haven't seen this new gump yet, but it sounds absolutely genius!
I never thought of using something like captcha.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

I have to say that I LOVE the new gump. Before, I would alt tab to browse the internet, checking back every 60 seconds or so, but eventually, I'd get immersed in what I was doing and check back dead. Now, the macro runs in the background, I can look up por... um... wikipedia entries to my heart's content and I get a popup when the gump appears.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

And you shouldn't be able to do that either Sindern,

Which is why after next reboot it won't work anymore Wink
You will have to press a button to open the website, it won't popup automatically.