Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Roleplaying Observation

There is absolutely no roleplaying in the shard. Not just players but staff too. I think most of the staffs dont like roleplaying. The only events we have had so far are PVP tournies. Maybe some quest or something? Is there anyone in the staffs that likes to roleplaying?? i dont think so! i dont know please dont bash me im too young to die. if you have any ideas that would improved the roleplaying please share
Dont get me wrong i love pvp but i like roleplaying too
how about
Island war
you put 2 teams on two island and they have to chop woods, fish and dig for ore.
10000 logs = ship to attack the other island and kill the other team's captain
fish = reagent
iron and stuff = weapon and armor
or find lost treasure of a pirate
or some army attacking britian
if you dont have a staff then please get one that is interested in roleplaying for the rpers
again please dont bash me im too young

aim: umba111
yahoo: deadbi_misociety44
msn: [email protected]
[SIGPIC]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1171/adtp6.gif[/SIGPIC]

I have plenty of role play ideas, but I don't want to give them out unless asked for them by staff. I currently have a quest in mind that would take about 1 week to fulfill. But you have to remember, scripting it to work this way might take the same amount of time. Till I am asked by staff, I stay quiet.

oky okay, one small idea for you kyo.

How about ship wars. Script the ships with the ability to use all sorts of cannons and technology like grappling hook abilities and have shipwars. The ships would have hit points themselves and when they sink (if they do) you are either captured by the enemy for a small duration of time(for a loot or so for pirate rp purposes) or he can let you drown, in which you die, lose your items andare sent back to a designated area. anything is possible. I think the pvp tournaments are a system like the romans. They use it to calm a mob.

Kyo bro we have heard your role play event idea in about 4 different threads.

I don't think its happening any time soon now that there are no "Role playing GMs"

[Image: untitled1copyyb3.png]

Nemo Wrote:Kyo bro we have heard your role play event idea in about 4 different threads.

I don't think its happening any time soon now that there are no "Role playing GMs"

I understand that Azrael is away but out of 10 staffs that we have only Azrael can roleplay?? 10 staffs and no roleplaying. I have seen Vulcan maybe he can do it

It's really inappropriate for you to complain.

Firstly, there are players and staff that role play. If you haven't found players that do, you're not looking in the right place. Maybe you should try to join an rp guild - check the guild forums or start your own thread. As for staff: Vulcan RP's, i think at least one of the new counselors RP's, Azrael is the RP staff member, but it seems like he's been busy recently.

Secondly, the staff have much more important things to do right now than create events for you. Developers develop the shard, fix bugs, and tweak systems. The staff that can't script make the kind of events they know how when they can (former XUO staff aren't necessarily familiar with RP style events). Basically, if you want more events, it may be fine to ask, but it's not fair to complain.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Cole Wrote:It's really inappropriate for you to complain.

Firstly, there are players and staff that role play. If you haven't found players that do, you're not looking in the right place. Maybe you should try to join an rp guild - check the guild forums or start your own thread. As for staff: Vulcan RP's, i think at least one of the new counselors RP's, Azrael is the RP staff member, but it seems like he's been busy recently.

Secondly, the staff have much more important things to do right now than create events for you. Developers develop the shard, fix bugs, and tweak systems. The staff that can't script make the kind of events they know how when they can (former XUO staff aren't necessarily familiar with RP style events). Basically, if you want more events, it may be fine to ask, but it's not fair to complain.

why do you have to bash me man. im just young and foolish.
Im not complaining to the staff and im NOT complaining maybe it may sounds like im complaining, im not mad please dont get me wrong. I think that if staffs have time to host tournies and stuff like today then maybe try a few roleplaying events. Please i dont have anything against the staffs but i think its a little unfair for the roleplaying people. Please im really sorry about this i really like pvp too and im still young
again im just giving out suggestion not complaining please dont kill me
and btw is Vulcan the dwarf guy in IN
also hosting a roleplaying event can be really simple
an example might be Coco the begger lost his cane and then you have to go find it. he gives you a first hint maybe like " i went to Yew the other day to steal some carrots or something. and then after a while he will be like aahh wait i remember now i went somewhere else after"
please im not complaining to the staff but any staff members can host an roleplaying event easily. IM SORRY!
also today i was being rude to Nox while he was hosting an event i want to apologize about that too Nox if you are reading this i didnt mean what i said today

There are more Role Playing staff than you think. Myself and Hawk also are RP staff. Right now neither of us have much control over things with Azreal gone and Vulcan's concentrating on a prior task right now. Maybe once he's finished that the three of us can sit down and knock out some ideas for quests and what not. But be patient. A lot of times RP quests (events aside) can be rather difficult, so those that RP and participate in those quests will need not only their wits but their skills trained up and not everyone's so hardcore that they've already met the goals they're aiming for as far as skill gains go. Just give us a bit more time, I'm sure you'll be thrilled when the RP stuff really hits. Big Grin

I think the main point is that in a shard half rp and half pvp it shouldn't just cater to pvp. Some rp events need no huge detail, they can simple clue type quests or item searches or piece together a puzzle and page with the answer or whatever. Sure there are amazing events that can be held and they can take time but how about something little once in awhile?

I am not complaining either as it doesn't matter much to me since I always seem to miss every event. Since only Joe and Juan (two players) have been the only ones to announce future events I was able to try and catch those but this never happens (minus the first ever one posted about the upcoming 1 v 1).

It just seems that Kyo is right in a sense. There should be some sort of events other then fighting or even a rp pvp event. The main point I would like to mention is that any staff should and can hold such an event, not just specifically rp staff.

Kyo your idea is nice and all but I think we all heard it enough :p
There are plenty of great events and even tourneys that can be held rp style, there is no lack of ideas or suggestions. There is a lack of motivation or will maybe. Or maybe people just like the same thing day in and out for years upon years :p

[Image: mariozl3.png]

its not our fault that almsot all the in players came started pvping and actually liked it, basically this thread was made and said that people are not rping and thats a problem. how so? there trying new things and they like it let it be. if you want to role play you can dont force others too just find some friends and chill

smoke Wrote:its not our fault that almsot all the in players came started pvping and actually liked it, basically this thread was made and said that people are not rping and thats a problem. how so? there trying new things and they like it let it be. if you want to role play you can dont force others too just find some friends and chill

most of the IN players i have talked to actually preferred the old pvp, this is still fun though.

you have us stuck in a little box in your mind where we play shakespear and write ballads, this isnt the case, a huge amount of pvpers on IN were also RPers including some of the best ones.

there was a monster attack on brit a few weeks ago iirc.

nah not only azrael can host rp events Wink everyone can ,I miself will focus on rp events as much as pvp, but as galen said, they need to be scripted so, wait :p

Actually, i think these guys are trying to say they don't need to be scripted. Create a mob, edit his loot, hide him...make up a 2-3 sentence scenario and let people go crazy for half an hour. Or, change your appearance and name, and become a more active part of it yourself.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]