Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Hardcore" PvP?

Fable Wrote:have u guys thought of it this way atm? : most ppl are poor and when they gank they get sad for loosin 3 regs.. why wear armor for now? wait when most ppl get rich and then they'l probably use ar.

You can hunt for 20 minutes and EASILY get enough for a set of ~25AR armor and a decent weapon.

But, you can't call people "poor" who have been macroing inscription and magery enough that they can create and use FS scrolls Rolleyes .

BTW, will that idea with shields / parrying affecting spells ever come in to play? I think that would do alot to decrease the sole use of spells / scrolls by everyone, and make people rely more on weapons (and then again on higher AR). Then magic would be used more for finishing, rather than the whole fight.

Lerri Wrote:it will mean if you dont use armor you will get utterly raped, but if you do youll be fine

raped is going a bit too far i hope

mabye a 5-8 hp difference?

40 HP when naked, about 10-15 damage with 30-40 AR (so that it still does some damage, but not enough to be very usefull), and then with, say, 45+ it doesn't do any damage (including 30 AR with a +15AR shield).

10 - 15 is too low how about 15 - 25

aim: umba111
yahoo: deadbi_misociety44
msn: [email protected]
[SIGPIC]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1171/adtp6.gif[/SIGPIC]

Actually yes I agree that because it is still a higher level spell that requires more skill and mana, even with 30-40 AR it should do 15-25 (so it is just a bit more powerful than lightning, but uses more mana and is longer). Then, at say 50+ AR it would do 10-15 damage, and then 5-10 at 60, and 0-5 at 70+. I believe that is about how it was on IN. When you started wearing armors with 60+ without a shield, and then equipped your shield for 80+, explosion rarely did damage.

maxkicker Wrote:raped is going a bit too far i hope

mabye a 5-8 hp difference?

you used to take up to 60hp from explosion if you were naked... anything over 40 or 50 ar (cant remember) and it would only do 10 or so, anything over 60 you were pretty much immune to it.

hum, this shard has gone live now for what? 2 weeks, and already theres some ppl complaining about pvp and making calcs for all kinds of changes that should be made to it...
well i appreciate your input in making the shard better, but i dont think theres a need for changing pvp already.
why? since its only up for 2 friking weeks and theres a slow skillgain. most have to macro for better skills, but when thats done then the fun starts.
so wait for it, experience it, if you still think it sucks after that, then theres a dialoge. this just seems to me you want everything changed to what you seem better suited for IN.

Lerri Wrote:you used to take up to 60hp from explosion if you were naked... anything over 40 or 50 ar (cant remember) and it would only do 10 or so, anything over 60 you were pretty much immune to it.

That wud screw pvp up

Nah, it would be different, but it wouldnt be "screwed up." Hell, as it is now, FS scrolls are more powerful in every way and still almost as easy to get as the regs for explosion.

I don't think it should be like IN1, I think basically that if you are naked or have like under 34ar or so it would do like 30-42 random damage or something around there, I didn't like on IN1 how it was pretty item based pvp, if you didn't have bloodrock you didn't really stand a chance.

~Zorus, Tallmen, Garm, Syn, Senteil, etc IN1
~Seven Locks, Syn IN:R

~Admin Syn, Damien, Mary Jane - ONO
~Syn, some other random names - XUO
~Syn, Dodge Omni Turbo, Mary Jane - Navid1aUO

EVE Name: Slaquer ...sold my old account ;/

Lindenwood Wrote:I expected it to work like this (I believe only explosion was AR-based, but EB just did like 20 damage no matter what, basically half an FS), but explosion is actually pretty useless here, heh. I think that is also another factor though. On IN, explosion hit about like an FS when you were naked, and it used half the mana. But again, that wouldnt have any effect here because of the easy access to scrolls. On IN1, you used explosion against naked / low AR people so you wouldnt waste precious FS scrolls. Here, its like "why even both using anything but FS scrolls when I carry thirty at a time, and they do more damage while using less mana?"

I was going to mention this as well. We faced the same problem on INR for a short period of time... where everyone was running around naked ganking people. All this means is that spells like EB and Explosion need to be adjusted to be armor based. If you are naked, they will just own you. If you are wearing armor they do significantly less damage. And the better the armor, the less damage they can do. Obviously leaving room for a crit, to make PvP less predictable.

If armor and weapons are not viable in PvP, it get's really lame. There needs to be a reason why you put on a set of armor and grab a decent weapon to PvP, otherwise nobody will.

It would be nice also to make this already amazing shard a bit more involved than macroing at the bank for 4 days then spamming scrolls on miners. So far theres worryingly loads of people macroing inscription and magery/resistance and healing. Hope they dont all suddenly burst into pk's because myself and a few new people I've brought here would be shafted in our tin-pot plate =D. At least it would give us a chance to run a few steps before we're nuked and our fish steaks are stolen. Plus armour looks good too. It's nice to walk around feeling like a pimp hehe.