Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A theory on the vet -> noob fairness gap

Kano Wrote:Once again, grats on your 'impressive gain'. However, once you get above 80 the skills don't go up as nicely. This is the issue I'm trying to address here. I've been macroing 24/7 Since monday, and can say that the melee combat gain rate is fine. However, healing is killing me. I let my char macro all night, went out to breakfast, came back and only gained .9 healing (to 84.2). Are you seeeeeeerrrrrz???

Also, with magery... Yes you are seeing good gains now. But dude, you have <60 magery. Obviously it's going to go up fast. When you get it up higher, not only are going to be spending a whole shitload more time macroing, you're also going to have to spend a HUGE amount of money to afford the regs to macro it.

I understand the relationship between gain rates and absolute skill level.

This was more to the people who didnt start with 50 magery that were complaining about the difficult skill gain. I saw a full three points in probably 3 hours total worth of macroing. I couldnt see going from 30 to 50 taking more than two days of macroing, and Id guess a few more days to save up the money to do so (would be around 6kish worth of regs... 500 Nightshade is 2500 gold and is surely enough to get from 30-40, then another 3500 for 700 more NS to get to aroun 50).

With 50 magery I guarantee I wouldnt have any more trouble surviving an attack than a grandmaster.

So based on your knowledgeable calculations, how much gold do you think it will take to get to GM? Just humor me.

I 100% guarantee that it will take MUCH more time to earn the money it costs for regs, then it will to actually macro magery up to GM. As you can imagine with the current skill gain rate, it will take a LONG time to gm magery, even IF YOU HAD UNLIMITED REGS. Add that amount of time to the absolutely staggering amount of time you will have to spend to earn the ~150k it takes to buy regs, JUST TO GM ONE (combat) SKILL!!?! It's ridiculous no matter what side of the coin you look at.

For new players, it's just a sheer daunting amount of time and gold to get one of, if not the most important combat skill. For vets, hope you like killing each other, because it's going to take the new guys a LONNNG time, before we're on your level. Is that the idea behind this whole skill gain thing? Because if it is... Mission accomplished.

I dont understand how you gain so much... I did 400 magic arrows and only got 1 point, 57.5 to now 58.5. Its been about the same every time i have done it too. I can only imagine how much slower it might go when you are above 80, or even 90. Not saying your lying, but maybe you have just been getting a little above the normal gain? Few lucky gains maybe. Im sure there will be many times when you will not experience gains that fast, such as I have. You know what, I would actually be alright with 3 points for 400 casts. You do mean you got 3.0 and not 0.3 dont you?

Smurtle Wrote:Hiding- 100
Stealth- 100
Magery-100
Tactics-100
Anatomy-100
Archery-100
Swords-100
Healing-100

That's 800 skill points total to PvP. You can aid res, cast, hit, etc. You can interchange combats to your preference, but I don't use mace nor fencing, so I'm not bothering with them, but even if you add those two, that would put you at a grand total of 1000. Hell, add parry and alchemy and inscription. You're still at what..1300?

Wow, that's pretty far away from 2000. 7 skills away. What exactly else do you need to PvP?? 2000 skills seems like a harsh, overstated estimate.

You probably need fishing before you can go out into the UO world.

800 skills is all you need to go out, naked, drop a fellow or two, loot his supplies, and then continue to use his supplies. Talk about transfer of goods!

2000 is a bullshit estimate and you should be ashamed.

smurtle Wrote:OH I know why. You're looking at it completely from your prospective. Of course, how silly of me to assume.

You're right, everyone wants to do NOTHING but PvP. Oh wait, you're looking at it completely from your prospective.

And I apologize if I struck a nerve. Wait... actually, I don't. You completely overreacted to an arbitrary, intentionally exaggerated number I through out to make a point. I can tell you are quite immature and lack experience in debate, so I am not suprised.

But, does anyone else see what I mean. Nobody is going to take you seirously if you keep acting like you know EVERYTHING, that YOUR way is the ONLY way. You kids have turned this 100% into a political debate, so this is now going 100% down the drain. You have no more points to argue, but for some reason, whether it be some complex you've got, or your own insecurities, you feel like you need to continue, saying whatever you can say, in hopes of everyone finally bowing down to your feet and meeting your every demand.

I missed this post yesterday, but whether or not you still feel you need to talk to me so aggressively, you did definately strike one of my nerves, and I will not forget it.

Kano Wrote:So based on your knowledgeable calculations, how much gold do you think it will take to get to GM? Just humor me.
Ah, I guess I spoke to soon. You do occasionally show pockets of reserve, but apparently they only last so long, and your natural urges to make up for your own shortcomings through condescention again take over.

I have no idea how long it will take to GM, nor did I ever really care to ponder it. I have never been one to whine and complain when things are difficult, especially if I wont face any more difficulty than anyone else to come. Additionally, I have always played on shards where every accomplishment was appreciated, not just a number to occasionally reference. Thus, instead of whining about how much work you will have to do, either just do it and know the reward will be worth it, or don't and leave. You are very obviously spoiled and don't know it yet. That is fine. There are plenty of shards that cater to people like you. However, this is not one, and it will not become one, no matter how hard to cry.

Kano Wrote:I 100% guarantee that it will take MUCH more time to earn the money it costs for regs, then it will to actually macro magery up to GM. As you can imagine with the current skill gain rate, it will take a LONG time to gm magery, even IF YOU HAD UNLIMITED REGS. Add that amount of time to the absolutely staggering amount of time you will have to spend to earn the ~150k it takes to buy regs, JUST TO GM ONE (combat) SKILL!!?! It's ridiculous no matter what side of the coin you look at.
1) How is magery a combat skill? Like others have said, it is probably the single most useful skill in the game, to ANYONE. And, because of that usefulness and desirability, it must be WORKED FOR to be acheived.

And, I can VERY easily make 15k a day hunting, by myself. Hell, last night I made almost 7k hunting by myself for about an hour! That doesn't include the weapons, armor, and scrolls I kept that I could have sold. Hell, I could sell all my armor and weapons right now and easily make 10-15k, just at the vendors! So, if I hunted for, say, 2 hours a day, that is an easy 10k at least that Id have. That is enough to buy 1000 regs which, at about one spell per ~30 seconds (with my macro at least, which I admit isn't hardcore by any means, but it gets the job done), would take a little over 8 hours to finish. Thus, I hunt 2 hours a day, and macro all night. Id estimate it would take me 3-4 weeks to finish magery if I stuck to that plan (which again, is nowhere near as hardcore as you can get, but for me it is doing me better than nothing).

Kano Wrote:For new players, it's just a sheer daunting amount of time and gold to get one of, if not the most important combat skill. For vets, hope you like killing each other, because it's going to take the new guys a LONNNG time, before we're on your level. Is that the idea behind this whole skill gain thing? Because if it is... Mission accomplished.
1) "Daunting?" I would definately not call that "daunting." Besides, once I get in the 60ish range with magery, I will likely start running around PvPing and PKing as well. That is enough to pretty consistantly cast explosion and energy bolt, which can still be quie useful, especially in larger battles. Again, I am not talking about being the top dog, but it is DEFINATELY more effective than you act like it is.

Hell, on INR, I remember after about a week, there was one guild that had done almost nothing but macro magery, and they all ran around with 60+ magery, and it was VERY tough to stay alive when fighting them. And this is actually counting fair fights (typically 3 v 3, IIRC), not ganking. We all had roughly the same combat skills, (around what I started with), with a few of us having maybe higher swords and healing from a few extra nights of macroing. Despite the low skill level, it was still pretty fun.

The point of that little story was to explain that maybe you and the other "Hardcore Killaz" in this thread should band together and just go fight. Saying you can't have fun without all your combats GMed is like saying you can't have fun IRL unless you are rich. If someone really believed that, Id feel sorry for them for all the small things they are missing. And I say the same to you; why don't you go out and at least TRY to have a little fun in the game AS IS before complaining to everyone that life sucks because you don't get everything you want.

2) Did you not see the relatively small amount of people that actually transferred with a significant amount of skills?

3) From what you guys tell me, it really sounds like the "hardcore PvPers" are really busting their asses to get ahead of the game. Your combat abilities (based on your character's skills) as they sit are actually higher than most transferred characters, ESPECIALLY me. There are probably few "vets" with overall combat skills much higher than yours, so you are almost ready to start fighting them. So, on the 7th day, starting from scratch, you could already almost hold your own in a combat environment... that doesn't sound too bad at all, to me. Now, what might take your overage player months to accomplish, you will have done in a mere two weeks. I think that is something to be pretty proud of, isn't it?

claps to Lindenwood :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lindenwood Wrote:You're right, everyone wants to do NOTHING but PvP. Oh wait, you're looking at it completely from your prospective.

And I apologize if I struck a nerve. Wait... actually, I don't. You completely overreacted to an arbitrary, intentionally exaggerated number I through out to make a point. I can tell you are quite immature and lack experience in debate, so I am not suprised.

But, does anyone else see what I mean. Nobody is going to take you seirously if you keep acting like you know EVERYTHING, that YOUR way is the ONLY way. You kids have turned this 100% into a political debate, so this is now going 100% down the drain. You have no more points to argue, but for some reason, whether it be some complex you've got, or your own insecurities, you feel like you need to continue, saying whatever you can say, in hopes of everyone finally bowing down to your feet and meeting your every demand.

I missed this post yesterday, but whether or not you still feel you need to talk to me so aggressively, you did definately strike one of my nerves, and I will not forget it.

Ah, I guess I spoke to soon. You do occasionally show pockets of reserve, but apparently they only last so long, and your natural urges to make up for your own shortcomings through condescention again take over.

Don't really know why that offended you. Its kind of lolwhatever at this point.

Lindenwood Wrote:I have no idea how long it will take to GM, nor did I ever really care to ponder it. I have never been one to whine and complain when things are difficult, especially if I wont face any more difficulty than anyone else to come. Additionally, I have always played on shards where every accomplishment was appreciated, not just a number to occasionally reference. Thus, instead of whining about how much work you will have to do, either just do it and know the reward will be worth it, or don't and leave. You are very obviously spoiled and don't know it yet. That is fine. There are plenty of shards that cater to people like you. However, this is not one, and it will not become one, no matter how hard to cry.

To my understanding IN-X is a mix between IN-R's slow gain and XUO's fast skill gain. That means we have to find the median in the skill gains. The staff is going by feel on this and needs to be aware of how the gain is going. Several times I've posted logs of my macroing results, specifically saying how I had macroed and any further information. I also posted my opinion about my thoughts on the current skill gain. What have you done? Attempted to turn my civilized thread into a flame war? You give us these ballpark figures on what you've done after 2 hours of macroing at or around 50 skill. The amount of time that most players are stuck at 50 skill is an insignificant fraction of the total time it takes to get to 100. You make a nice long, well-thought out post about why we are wrong, but you don't actually try to fix anything by posting actual constructive shit.

Lindenwood Wrote:1) How is magery a combat skill? Like others have said, it is probably the single most useful skill in the game, to ANYONE. And, because of that usefulness and desirability, it must be WORKED FOR to be acheived.

Well lets see... You use it during combat maybe? Like... a lot? Yes it should be worked for, no one is disagreeing with you there. The problem lies in that it is unbalanced from the other skills. Look at the healing skill. I'm under the assumption (this might be wrong, but it's probably close, if not dead on) that healing takes just as long as magery. For example, every successful heal = 1 successful cast. Now it is a well known fact that healing takes a very long time to GM. I've honestly been macroing it since monday, and I am at 85.0. That is slow by most peoples standards. Think about what it took to heal 24/7 from monday... A LOT OF BANDAGES. However, it's not really a big deal since cloth is relatively cheap, and we can re-use the bandages by washing them. Compare this system to magery, where we have to cast and EAT the regs completely. Not to mention the downtime where we have to get our mana back. So once we're done macroing for the night, we have to go and BUY MORE regs for approximately (2000casts/night * 5gp) 10k gold. Do you not see how this is unbalanced?

Lindenwood Wrote:And, I can VERY easily make 15k a day hunting, by myself. Hell, last night I made almost 7k hunting by myself for about an hour! That doesn't include the weapons, armor, and scrolls I kept that I could have sold. Hell, I could sell all my armor and weapons right now and easily make 10-15k, just at the vendors! So, if I hunted for, say, 2 hours a day, that is an easy 10k at least that Id have. That is enough to buy 1000 regs which, at about one spell per ~30 seconds (with my macro at least, which I admit isn't hardcore by any means, but it gets the job done), would take a little over 8 hours to finish. Thus, I hunt 2 hours a day, and macro all night. Id estimate it would take me 3-4 weeks to finish magery if I stuck to that plan (which again, is nowhere near as hardcore as you can get, but for me it is doing me better than nothing).

1) "Daunting?" I would definately not call that "daunting." Besides, once I get in the 60ish range with magery, I will likely start running around PvPing and PKing as well.

We're gonna have a lot of fun.

Lindenwood Wrote:Hell, on INR, I remember after about a week, there was one guild that had done almost nothing but macro magery, and they all ran around with 60+ magery, and it was VERY tough to stay alive when fighting them. And this is actually counting fair fights (typically 3 v 3, IIRC), not ganking. We all had roughly the same combat skills, (around what I started with), with a few of us having maybe higher swords and healing from a few extra nights of macroing. Despite the low skill level, it was still pretty fun.

I'm glad you had that memory. This isn't INR though, no matter how much u cry.

Lindenwood Wrote:The point of that little story was to explain that maybe you and the other "Hardcore Killaz" in this thread should band together and just go fight. Saying you can't have fun without all your combats GMed is like saying you can't have fun IRL unless you are rich. If someone really believed that, Id feel sorry for them for all the small things they are missing. And I say the same to you; why don't you go out and at least TRY to have a little fun in the game AS IS before complaining to everyone that life sucks because you don't get everything you want.

I really don't think you should tell me what to do, ok? The life analogy is so flawed that it is laughable... This is a damn computer game. Also, I've already been out hunting, but pking without high magery is just a waste of time, imo - and you aren't going to change my mind. I'm getting gm magery and it's that simple... The only drawback is that the skill gain system is flawed, despite what your petty-skilled small sampled 'experiments' show.

Lindenwood Wrote:2) Did you not see the relatively small amount of people that actually transferred with a significant amount of skills?

Ya, so? They should have a fair skill gain rate too, shouldn't they? There are plenty of skills that take a LONG time to GM... Magery shouldn't be one.

Lindenwood Wrote:3) From what you guys tell me, it really sounds like the "hardcore PvPers" are really busting their asses to get ahead of the game. Your combat abilities (based on your character's skills) as they sit are actually higher than most transferred characters, ESPECIALLY me. There are probably few "vets" with overall combat skills much higher than yours, so you are almost ready to start fighting them. So, on the 7th day, starting from scratch, you could already almost hold your own in a combat environment... that doesn't sound too bad at all, to me. Now, what might take your overage player months to accomplish, you will have done in a mere two weeks. I think that is something to be pretty proud of, isn't it?

Not at all. The only thing that means is that my computer has sat longer than someone who is actually playing. Despite what you think, a HUGE % of the shard is macroing 24/7, like robots. It just doesn't make sense to me that everyone should waste so much time to getting what that huge % of players consider, the business.

I started my char the day the shard oppened and Im pretty happy with the skillgain, not too slow, not too fast, Im not too sure why theres so many people whining, Im not playing THAT often and my skills are pretty high in my opinion, in a few days, Ill prolly be strong enough to go PVP and no, I didnt import any skills

Meditation 100.0 100.0 0.0 100.0
Evaluating Intel... 82.4 82.4 +0.4 100.0
Hiding 80.6 80.6 +0.3 100.0
Magery 80.3 76.9 +0.3 100.0
Anatomy 77.2 77.2 0.0 100.0
Healing 73.5 66.9 0.0 100.0
Swordsmanship 72.2 69.2 0.0 100.0
Tailoring 64.5 52.7 0.0 100.0
Tactics 59.0 59.0 0.0 100.0
Musicianship 58.6 58.6 0.0 100.0
Parrying 58.2 53.6 0.0 100.0
Alchemy 55.1 50.2 0.0 100.0
Fencing 55.0 50.1 0.0 100.0
Magic Resistance 52.2 52.2 0.0 100.0

That would be some helpful data if you would spend a minute to actually talk about it, besides 'No i didn't import any skills' You start with 50 magery? How many regs did it take you to get there? What method was used... And uh, how long did you spend macroing each skill? That kind of stuff is important ya know?

Of course I had to use my prerogative! You did as well is why. Isn't that what "Debating" is? ;/

It wasn't an exaggerated number, honestly. It's an easily feasible, attainable, highly reachable number you first used. And, going from that "case point" of 2000 skills, I made the point that by giving anything to anyone starting fresh wouldn't flood the UO world with 2000+ skilled characters. So, by debate standards, your idea that you proposed, with the skill gain rate as it is, would almost make impossible for people to be running around with 2000 is skill points by the end of the next two weeks, even when a lot cannot leave their computer on all day long(which is what everyone is so scared of, when it obviously won't be the case). I've had my macro on for about ten hours now and hiding isn't GMed yet, it's at 80. Don't try to sell shit to a toilet.

I am right when I assume most want to PvP. Via RP or just straight "you're a ******, die" way. UO was built around the ability to fight others and delve into a realm of fantasy. Fighting, be it fantasy (RP) or "real" (PvPers) exists. To not prepare for that is stupidity and to assume everyone isn't here for that is also stupid.

Now, now. I know you're rolling your eyes and pissing in your seat because you can't wait to start slamming your keyboard with a violent urge to retort with a never ending generic barrage of internet sarcasm and formulated wit, but truthfully think about it. PvP is one of the foundations of UO. Plain and simple. You mine, you get attacked- egads you have to heal or fight off someone. That's PvP. Everyone is entitled to it, not everyone wants it, but everyone will do it. Even PvM is still in raw essence "player versus player." In this case, computer player.

So, what other demands besides maybe 10k for a new character and limited one account per household or IP, or perhaps just the crafts skills weren't transferred have I made? I've honestly, in numerous threads stated I promote economy over skills. I think you're the one who needs a debate lesson. I've only suggested and defended the thoughts that other's have PMed me or said to me. I'm personally fine with everything as it is, but a few have sought me as their "spokesman" if you will.

I thank you for trampling on this "political" procedure which was in fact just an attempt by Kano to get some actual gamemaster advice and hope to spur a nice mediation towards a better starting point for newer characters, and assuming everyone has an agenda and expects hand outs for everything.

Experience in debate is not needed here. It's a message board for the video game we play. You seem to have this ego about you. I understand the need to throw out random spurts of insult in a "debate" overcomes your rationale which you do have. By the way, insulting isn't debating! It's just petty and makes you look even more like a douche bag.

Man, I just ask someone to stop the bullshit, politely engage in a middle-ground attempt and they have to go and "attack." :badgrin:

I'm sorry your thread was ruined Kano. Lindenwood is from a different shard and expects different things. It's that cut and dry. Talk to the gamemasters or admins. He's here to argue why you shouldn't instead of collaborating on something positive.

Lindenwood Wrote:Hell, on INR, I remember after about a week, there was one guild that had done almost nothing but macro magery, and they all ran around with 60+ magery, and it was VERY tough to stay alive when fighting them. And this is actually counting fair fights (typically 3 v 3, IIRC), not ganking. We all had roughly the same combat skills, (around what I started with), with a few of us having maybe higher swords and healing from a few extra nights of macroing. Despite the low skill level, it was still pretty fun.

They don't want that. They want the highest possible chance to succeed. And that's INR. It's dead, move on. We've all had our days of running around like a newbie, hoping to kill someone with our numbers. These kids want solo, or 2 versus all action.

Kano Wrote:To my understanding IN-X is a mix between IN-R's slow gain and XUO's fast skill gain. That means we have to find the median in the skill gains.
That is where you might be confused. This shard has the "look and feel" of the Imagine Nation shads, but the PvP system of the XOU shards. Skill gain is very much included in the "look and feel" catagory, so it has been and will be based primarily off what IN had. The staff is going by feel on this and needs to be aware of how the gain is going.

Kano Wrote:What have you done? Attempted to turn my civilized thread into a flame war?
Hmm, I invite any outsider to this thread to honestly tell me that my posts have been less civilized than yours. In fact, if anything, Ive pointed out all the "uncivilized" bits in your posts.

Kano Wrote:You give us these ballpark figures on what you've done after 2 hours of macroing at or around 50 skill. The amount of time that most players are stuck at 50 skill is an insignificant fraction of the total time it takes to get to 100.
Again, why do you think that "life starts at 100?" Ive explained many times all the things that can be done when you have less. This is obvously what you believe and you are going to stick with it to whatever end, so apparently nobody will be able to help you there.

Kano Wrote:You make a nice long, well-thought out post about why we are wrong, but you don't actually try to fix anything by posting actual constructive shit.
Actually, EVERY one of my posts in this thread has been constructive. EVERY one of my posts in this thread has been me trying to solve SOME problem. I suggest you read them again to see if you can catch all the suggestions, advice, and valid points of support for this side of the debate Ive given.

Kano Wrote:Well lets see... You use it during combat maybe? Like... a lot? Yes it should be worked for, no one is disagreeing with you there. The problem lies in that it is unbalanced from the other skills. Look at the healing skill. I'm under the assumption (this might be wrong, but it's probably close, if not dead on) that healing takes just as long as magery. For example, every successful heal = 1 successful cast. Now it is a well known fact that healing takes a very long time to GM. I've honestly been macroing it since monday, and I am at 85.0. That is slow by most peoples standards. Think about what it took to heal 24/7 from monday... A LOT OF BANDAGES. However, it's not really a big deal since cloth is relatively cheap, and we can re-use the bandages by washing them. Compare this system to magery, where we have to cast and EAT the regs completely. Not to mention the downtime where we have to get our mana back. So once we're done macroing for the night, we have to go and BUY MORE regs for approximately (2000casts/night * 5gp) 10k gold. Do you not see how this is unbalanced?
I apologize if I confused you there. A combat skill is one of the skills that is listed in default under the "combats" tab in your skills list. That, at least, is how the GMs have defined it. Healing and Magery are not "combat" skills. Yes, they are used in combat, but they are also used in other things. Then again, I guess Alchemy is a combat skill since you use and can even create new potions during combat?

Magery is THE most valuable skill in the game. Period. It should be right up there with crafts. The keyword in that first sentence is valuable. Acheive a high magery skill should have significant value.

Healing plays the largest factor in surving any length of time in combat. Thus, it has great value. Again, because of its high value, it should be dificult to acheive perfection in it.

Kano Wrote:We're gonna have a lot of fun.
Ive actually been having tons of fun. It doesn't sound like you've had any, and possibly won't until you acheive your goals. I am truely sorry that you can't find some enjoyment in this game, and I hope all this torment you are putting yourself through does eventually pay off.

Kano Wrote:I'm glad you had that memory. This isn't INR though, no matter how much u cry.
Cry? What? Did you just pull that out of a hat to try to offend me? Where have I even hinted that I might be "crying?" If anything, most of your posts have been you "crying" about how "oh so hard" everything is and that somebody should make it easier for you.

Kano Wrote:I really don't think you should tell me what to do, ok? The life analogy is so flawed that it is laughable...
Really? Hmm, lets look into this.

Kano Wrote:This is a damn computer game.
EXACTLY. If it is just a computer game, why are you throwing such a fit over it? Arent computer games supposed to be made for our enjoyment? It seems you are enjoying this game the least out of everyone else on the shard? You say you can't enjoy it without being GM in all the skills that are important to you. That, again, is as ridiculous as somebody in real life saying they can't have fun without being rich.

Kano Wrote:Also, I've already been out hunting, but pking without high magery is just a waste of time, imo - and you aren't going to change my mind. I'm getting gm magery and it's that simple...
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! It IS that simple! Just GM your magery and stop whining about how hard it is! Nobody ever told you to not GM magery, in fact, everyone has been saying to just go through with it and be proud of your accomplishments. I think you might be finally getting it, even though maybe just in some small part of your mind, since you still seem very focused on arguing.

Kano Wrote:The only drawback is that the skill gain system is flawed, despite what your petty-skilled small sampled 'experiments' show.
Hmm.

They weren't "experiments." Again, I am not at all focused on exact numbers and proving to everyone that those numbers are not what I wanted to see. I posted the skills I have gained just for a bit more information in this thread. I rounded some up and some down (no more than about .3 though), because I didn't remember exactly where I started with them (because again, I am more focused on enjoying the game than on exact numbers that I can throw around). Also, I posted my "petty-skilled" examples to encourage people with lower skills that it really isn't that difficult to get up an a level that survival is no longer a big concern.

Kano Wrote:Ya, so?
You keep talking as if it is just you and a handful of poor newbies against the huge "Vet Empire" in a battle for Middle-Earth. My point was that the vets that fit your descriptions are actually few and far-between.

Kano Wrote:Not at all. The only thing that means is that my computer has sat longer than someone who is actually playing. Despite what you think, a HUGE % of the shard is macroing 24/7, like robots. It just doesn't make sense to me that everyone should waste so much time to getting what that huge % of players consider, the business.
On the unimportant skills, that is exactly what it means. On the IMPORTANT skills, the ones we are actually discussing, one should be very proud that they were able to save up and spend 100k+ on regs to GM magery, or that they were able to stay focused enough on healing to fully GM it quickly.

And yeah, macroing is normal. However, it doesn't mean it shouldnt take work.

Bah. End it. There's no more discussion except flexing each other's balls and trying to prove one another wrong, when both are right in their own aspects.

End it.