Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A theory on the vet -> noob fairness gap

I'd like to thank the staff for working with its players so intimately. I'd like to do this in a way that doesn't make me look like a kissass, sooooo... ****in shit thx boys!!!

10k per friend would equal a one room to macro in. Now I just need more friends.Tongue

i think some ppl want ppl to play 4ever , like there no way skills shud take 4 days macroin straight unles its like a craft , healin shudent take 3days straight from 80.. dats crazy , its like u guys want ppl to play 4ever 2 get anything , n even wit loot from monsters its eww lol , ppl are sayin they want extrem monsters 2 take 1hour 2 kill dats fukin stupid , i dont think extrem monster shud b messed wit in anyway it was fine on xuo n i think they shud b put in this server just how they wur , wit spawns n everything

I think it's kind of obvious that the newer players or players who have to achieve GM skills want a faster skill rate than the players who already have those GM skills.

The fact of the matter is that we need to find a mutual agreement. I believe the GM's have said ingame that they have adjusted the combat skills to take one day of macroing to GM. I have to assume this is a fair number, because everyone was happy to hear it. Also, by contradiction, there is not one thread saying that the skillgain is too fast since the most recent update. Since this is our target skillrate (1 Combat/day), the players should actually be able to GM one combat skill per day. I can say quite confidently from actual experience macroing 24/7 (with the exception of reboots etc), that the skill gain is NOT one gm combat per 24 hour period. Far from it. I've posted many times my actual gains from sparring/healing all night.

What is left to say?

Can we just get what is promised to us without the vets jumping down our throats? You guys got your imported character, so really who is whining? Is it really propostorous to be upset that after being told that we should GM these skills "quickly" or "in one night", to come to your computer after 12 hours of it sitting there 'playing the game for you', you find you are only a FRACTION of the way there? The answer is no. Other acceptable answers are, 'hell no', '**** no' and '*urinates violently!?*' would have been accepted as well.

Please adjust the skill rate to be what it is supposed to be, then let us re-evaluate it.

Kano Wrote:The fact of the matter is that we need to find a mutual agreement. I
What is left to say?

Please adjust the skill rate to be what it is supposed to be, then let us re-evaluate it.

I think the skill gains are fine. I also think that since there are 170 players on at any given moment, give or take, and only 10 are complaining about gains is enough mutual agreement.

What ever happened to earning your skills and feeling proud that you worked for them?
I say lets drop this skill gain stuff, let the staff do more important things. If there are still people complaining down the road it can be looked over once again. Hopefully only if a third of the shard or more thinks it needs to be changed though... not a handful of people who don't feel like working for anything.

[Image: mariozl3.png]

i got tired or reading through the post , i have some questions though
why doesnt inx give gm magery to new players ? its is very important to pvp and all prev xuo shards did this

also are spellbooks newbied for vets and not new players or are they not nubied untill there full? i didnt really understand what the poster was saying there

i see alot of ppl are worried about the vets and what skills/gold they are starting with
and i dont see how that affects you guys at all. if inx had been open for a year already would you come asking for skills and gold so you could catch up?
if you have a problem with magery being to hard or expensive its one thing but it really has nothing to do with what vets recieved

ps. im a vet but didnt play much on the last xuo, so i didnt get a transfer or anything

Tabion Wrote:I think the skill gains are fine. I also think that since there are 170 players on at any given moment, give or take, and only 10 are complaining about gains is enough mutual agreement.

What ever happened to earning your skills and feeling proud that you worked for them?
I say lets drop this skill gain stuff, let the staff do more important things. If there are still people complaining down the road it can be looked over once again. Hopefully only if a third of the shard or more thinks it needs to be changed though... not a handful of people who don't feel like working for anything.

of the 170 how many are vets though?
i agree some people are lazy but the handfull might just be the new guys that actually participate in the forums

Tabion Wrote:What ever happened to earning your skills and feeling proud that you worked for them?

Whats the point (crafting) of GMing a skill if the established economy of the Vets will be able to sell there crafted items for less, and sooner? There is no pride in GMing a craft when the economy is already established.

As far as magery goes, you could refer to some of my previous posts, where I feel that magery is so essential, that everone WILL GM it eventually, and making it costly and hard to level up will only delay the inevitable and cost un-needed money. Who is to benefit from the high cost? NPC vendors?

Tabion Wrote:I say lets drop this skill gain stuff, let the staff do more important things. If there are still people complaining down the road it can be looked over once again. Hopefully only if a third of the shard or more thinks it needs to be changed though... not a handful of people who don't feel like working for anything.

Okay, lets say it is dropped, and I drop 100k (just throwing out a number for the sake of argument) on reags and all the supplies required to macro my magery, and a month down the road they DO decide to change it. Where am I then? 100k in the negative, because I already wasted a weeks workth of macroing and 100k on GMing the skill. Now I have to make that up if I want to put it towards something like a house or whatever. Nows the time to act for the full benefit, for the shards longevity, it should be done when its as fresh as possible. You don't stitch up a wound after its already closed itself naturally. I am not even going to go into defending myself as someone looking for handouts and freebies, I have stated my situation many a time.

BACoustic

BACoustic Wrote:Whats the point (crafting) of GMing a skill if the established economy of the Vets will be able to sell there crafted items for less, and sooner? There is no pride in GMing a craft when the economy is already established.
BACoustic

in and xuo merged..yes they wiped everything and started from scratch but inx really isnt a new shard and for the vets that stuck through in 1-whatever and xuo1 -maka xuo they gave transfers (i dont think it was too unreasonable to do that)

whats the difference in the vets here and vets of a shard thats been open for 2 years?? how are you affected differently?
unless you woulda showed up on the xuo forums 2 years in and asked to be cought up with the vets i dont understand why for feel that way now. imo your circumstance would have been the same

however magery/swords and spellbooks should really be gm cause i want to log on and kick peoples asses xuo style not macro for a couple weeks
and that really was what xuo was all about

Tabion Wrote:I think the skill gains are fine.
Ok. When you say this do you mean the rate of the skillgain as was intended, which is the ability to reach GM for a combat skill in one day... As was said INGAME by GM's... OR do you mean how it is right now, which is 1 combat skill taking about three days to macro, and skills like healing somewhere in the vicinity of 25 days of straight macroing to GM? It's a big difference, so please be more specific.

Tabion Wrote:I also think that since there are 170 players on at any given moment, give or take, and only 10 are complaining about gains is enough mutual agreement.
Actually only about 10 have posted on the forums, which the vast majority is made up of Vets, who ironically like yourself, don't need to concern yourself which such things. Subsequently, a fewer amount (zero?) think that the skill gain is too fast. Also, I have heard many players complaining in IRC, and even MORE players in-game.

Tabion Wrote:What ever happened to earning your skills and feeling proud that you worked for them?
Nothing. We will still earn them, just waste less of everyone's time, electricity, and bandwidth as our computers sit there almost idly running loops of repetitious macros.

Tabion Wrote:I say lets drop this skill gain stuff, let the staff do more important things. If there are still people complaining down the road it can be looked over once again. Hopefully only if a third of the shard or more thinks it needs to be changed though... not a handful of people who don't feel like working for anything.

Spoken like a true Jackass, sir. If it doesn't concern you, it must not be important. Or perhaps it does concern you that newer players will have a fair chance to get themselves into the game, and subsequently own you faster? Also, on the subject of only a small % of the players feel the skillgain is too slow: I would be very interested to see the results of the new players (just the new players) being polled for what they feel of the skill gain.

All I ask is that the skillgain is set to the amount it is supposed to be, as stated by the GM's.

maxkicker Wrote:in and xuo merged..yes they wiped everything and started from scratch but inx really isnt a new shard and for the vets that stuck through in 1-whatever and xuo1 -maka xuo they gave transfers (i dont think it was too unreasonable to do that)

whats the difference in the vets here and vets of a shard thats been open for 2 years?? how are you affected differently?
unless you woulda showed up on the xuo forums 2 years in and asked to be cought up with the vets i dont understand why for feel that way now. imo your circumstance would have been the same

however magery/swords and spellbooks should really be gm cause i want to log on and kick peoples asses xuo style not macro for a couple weeks
and that really was what xuo was all about

My point isn't really that so much that crafted skills shouldn't have been transfered. I don't agree with it, but I dont disagree enough to make it my main point I am trying to get across. The economy of a "new" shard is tainted by that. But lets not go off on that tangent. The point is that GM magery is huge, and I beleive that since it is supposed to be a relatively "new" shard regardless of the fact it is two merged shards, is that they (the vets with GM magery and whatever else) have a big upper hand on the economy. You give someone GM magery (+full spellbook) and GM healing lets say. They can take the "newbie" package (reags, 500 gold, spellbook and whatever) and they can buy 2 runes, mark one to town, and one to a dungeon or hunting spot. They dont even need armor. Spells if used effectively can be your money-maker.

This is why I believe that magery needs a boost in order to help the new people to be able to attempt to compete with the vets and start making money. Then use that money to focus on other skills. I will say one thing. If I could remake my charachter right now, if I could choose to go 100 points in one skill, instead of 100 over three, I would GM magery. No doubt in my mind. ( once again, not asking for handouts, just a chance to catch up ) It just IMO the most useful skill.

My 0.02.

BACoustic

I also believe full transfers should not have been made, but I really wont go there as I dont think anything can be done about that. Also, I think the skill gain for crafts are fine being slow.
However, for pvp, especially XUO pvp which we do have here... magery and healing are essential and should therefor gain faster than what I have been experiencing. I can only macro at night, maybe about 6-8 hours. Cant do it during the day. I guess thats my problem, but I just want to say I am here for the most part for the pvp which I had experienced on the XUO servers of the past and it looks like only being able to macro 6-8 hours a day is going to take more than a month to get me to where I want to be to pvp. And during that entire month, I will not be playing... just macroing... not really doing anything for the shard. Why cant just magery and healing skill gain be increased, if nothing else, just to help us that want to actually play within a week or two. Like I said, other skills, such as crafting, should take a long time, but the combats used in XUO pvp need to be much much faster(magery and healing especially).

By the way... I havent really seen a solid argument against raising gain rates for magery and healing yet(all I see is people saying "It is fast enough", but Why is it fast enough? Why do you think that?). If there is one please direct me to it.Smile