Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A theory on the vet -> noob fairness gap

I dont think Ive ever made a character that DIDNT have 50 magery to start with, because of how difficult it always is to train even from 30 to 50 from the start. With 50 magery, you can make pretty good use everything up to 4th circle spells, and quite reliably. Blade spirits is 5th circle, so you will fail about half the time. Still, not a huge deal. That is plenty to get going, I think.

How about this?

If the GMs are going to do anything, I think making magery trainable to 50 instead of just 30 will be the trick. Make the price exponential as you get closer to 50, but still not more than like a few thousand (from the 500 it would normally be).

GMs/Admins. I think this is a very important post to reply too?

I'm sure you guys need to reply to peoples ideas and see what we can come up with that will accomidate both new guys/vets/and those who have no skills... I still say a new guy should start with minimum 2x65 skills atleast... I mean most shards give u that if not one gmed skill... I don't see why this can't be the same.

Or...

Make it a little easier for the Magery for those who want to gm it... You start with next to nothing, when you're new, and you're expected to gm magery? That's tough man... increase the gain rate or increase the starting skills orrr give starting money higher?? but this can lead people to making players, taking the extra money, and putting on main chars...

So you guys make the call...

would be good for some gm/admin feedback though.

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

i dont mind for other skills but mage is a differnt story,
xuo pvp is based off of gm mage,. thats like depriving us of pvp for months

Ohh please come on. Try and train the skill and actualy see how easy it is to train, in around one effective day of playing to get the money for regs and then macroing i have moved my char from around 84 magery to now 90 magery.
Please please, i really beg you try and train this skill and get your facts straight.
It's ****ing easy.
With a decent effort you can easily GM this skill from scratch in a weeks time.

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

Ive noticed that mining skill gain is right on target where it needs to be. IT feels like the first IN. As well as skills like stealth, hide, anatomy, spirit speak, evaluate intelligence, all seem to be correctly adjusted for gameplay. I've been macroing all but mining for 4 days now on and off, and I am nearly gm on them all. In between macroing, I mine, got about 2500 iron ingots. But thats a miners perspective training mostly unpopular skills.

Shadok Wrote:Ohh please come on. Try and train the skill and actualy see how easy it is to train, in around one effective day of playing to get the money for regs and then macroing i have moved my char from around 84 magery to now 90 magery.
Please please, i really beg you try and train this skill and get your facts straight.
It's ****ing easy.
With a decent effort you can easily GM this skill from scratch in a weeks time.

Thank you!

And, since nobody seemed to care about my compromise, I take it back! Hell, it would almost be just as cheap in regs to just train it from 30 to 50, heh. But then you get the other skills that go along with it when you do that.

The decision about chartransfers wasn't done in a day. We had many arguments about it in staff if we should transfer chars or not.
The decision was to allow transfers from INR and the latest XUO version. The main argument for this was because the skillgain on INR was really hard, and those that had good skills had worked very hard for them.
Ofcourse it would have been unfair if the XUO players didn't get transfers as well, but since XUO had a much faster skillgain we decided that they should get less transfers.

IN:X is a new shard, yet it is not. We can't call it a fresh start since some people won't have a fresh start. But then again, isn't this what all other shards face when they have been online for a while?
Where's the difference between us and say any other server that has been around for more than a year? It's not like we're giving out free skills, the people who get skills from the beginning already worked hard for them.

All shards have this "problem", I don't really want to call it a problem though. We just faced it sooner since we transferred chars from previous shards.
From what I've seen people have been very helpful to those that didn't get transfers. And it's not that hard to make a living even if you start from scratch. Just start by GMing mining, when you have done that you will have loads of ingots which you can either sell or train blacksmithing with. There are many possibilities for new players, you just have to be able to work for your cash/skills. Just like you would have to if you play on another shard that has been up for a while.

I don't see this "gap" as such a big problem as people seem to make of it. I do appreciate everyone's input on the matter though, and I really like the fact that everyone have argued in a well mannered way without flaming too much. This is also why I took the time to read through the thread and reply.

So to sum it up, I think we should wait at least a couple of weeks and see how things turn out. I'm sure it won't be that bad as many of you seem to think Smile

Thanks for reading, and the reply, Taran.

I can totally understand why you did the transfers, I'm just getting sick of macroing for +4 days now and not seeing the 'GM Combats in a day', as advertised. I've posted data that literally proves the skill gain is sub-par to where I think you want it to be.

I really don't care what people with GM skills say about the skill rate for obvious reasons. But I know me and a bunch of other good players have been sitting here macroing for lonnng periods of time, just to be able to put up a little bit of a fight. We are going to macro until we GM our combats, whether it take a week, or two months(this is a more realistic figure). What I'm saying is, wtf is the difference?

As for the gap... It's kind of like whatever. They have their combat skills + gold + craft skills to get rich, but most importantly: a huge head start. I just think the newer players should be allowed to compete with them atleast on a combat level in a short period of time. I think that the voice of the staff is the same. I've heard "Combats go up quickly", numerous times. Magery, and healing are combat skills, are they not?

My only issue with starting players off with more then 500g is that it would be exploited. As they say, a few bad apples spoil the bunch. If we allow new players to start off with, let's say, 10k gold... we will see players creating 5 characters, collecting all the gold, deleting the characters, and then doing it all over again. It wouldn't be long before every new players had 100k+ and this would have a direct effect on the economy. Unless there is a way to make it so that your 1st (main) character starts with 10k and the rest start with just 500g. It would have to be a one time thing. Then again, players could always make several accounts.

So as you can see, from an administration standpoint this is surely an issue that is difficult to resolve. Perhaps there are some ideas on what we could do to resolve this, and give new players a chance to "get started".

Can you not restrict one account per IP address or household? That would kill a lot of exploiting and by that I mean excessive dummy accounts. Of course that would be in correlation with the 10k for the main character.

Yeah we can, we will most likely fix so new accounts get 10k.

Will existing accounts get the 10k aswell then? Otherwise the players who started out fresh would be doubly f*cked.

Anyway, I think increasing the amoung of starting out cash is a bad idea in general. Even with the 1 account per IP rule, people would still find ways to exploit it. Setting up a proxy isn't all that difficult.

[Image: sig.png]
First Ray of the New Rising Sun