Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should Chaos\Order Shield Be Free When You Get Lord\Poll

What would be an interesting change is if you could change your guild faction and the shield would change to match your faction on double-click-to-equip, assuming it's already bound to you after you got 10K fame.

Eru Wrote:What would be an interesting change is if you could change your guild faction and the shield would change to match your faction on double-click-to-equip, assuming it's already bound to you after you got 10K fame.

Thats a good idea, would it be possible to do?

Changing the shield automatically based on the persons alignment is a good idea actually and can be done.

As for using one of the new shields for a neutral shield.. I don't think neutral guilds should get a cooler shield than order/chaos while having no attack risk.

I don't think you should be able to switch back and forth between order an chaos.
your either good or evil. You picked a side...

It allows for more RP, so people cant just pick a side all willy nilly.
If your not as extreme as my thinking, then make it a wait period of 2 weeks or somthing to be able to switch sides or have to switch guild entirely.

I think that people who switch sides back and forth just cuz they see 5 chaos in town and dont wanna die is silly to me, they run away then switch and come back to town. Or the other way around 5 ppl see a chaos in town then go switch come back and gank him. Kinda shitty for chaos brothers to go and kill one another (or order).

soMa
p.s neutral should be able to switch but only once Tongue -soMa's two cents

That actually makes sense from an RP perspective. Maybe guilds should start off neutral, then you can either pick Chaos or Order one time. Sure you could just re-deed the stone, but then you have to re-add everyone to the stone and it's a lot more hassle than just clicking from Chaos<->Order.

Also, it makes sense that Chaos shields can't turn into Order shields, and vice versa. However, it also makes sense to have a neutral shield turn into a chaos/order shield if the guild changes. (So it can only change once.) The price is cheap enough that it probably doesn't matter anyway. Tongue

I've never seen anyone switch sides because of seeing someone they want to kill. People shouldn't be stuck on one side because that is what makes this game fun is being able to choose sides depending on what you feel like doing. If someone is switching sides constantly, they are going to be hated by both sides and are going to be constantly looking over their shoulders

Also, not everyone is into RPing

Renald Wrote:I've never seen anyone switch sides because of seeing someone they want to kill. People shouldn't be stuck on one side because that is what makes this game fun is being able to choose sides depending on what you feel like doing. If someone is switching sides constantly, they are going to be hated by both sides and are going to be constantly looking over their shoulders

Also, not everyone is into RPing

You'd be able to switch sides still, but you'd have to re-deed the stone and get everyone together. That way, the GM will have to plan better to make the switch instead of just clicking over. Tongue I'm just throwing ideas around, really.

Yeah not everyone rp's but some due its unfair either way you look at it, you dont have to rp to be good or evil.
but if I can switch and I see someone i can kill. I will switch come back and own that person just cuz I can. Yeah not everyone thinks that way but some do. Who cares if everyone hates me because ill just make another char that isnt a jerk that no one knows is me.

I think there should be some repercusion to having the best newbied shield. Other wise it just becomes another item everyone has, no risk no nothing for the BEST newbied shield ?.

If you think there are ppl who wont switch just to kill someone ? your very wrong.

Easiest thing to do is make it very hard to switch sides, so that its a hassle to switch. Just like Eru said if you want to switch re-deed and make it over again. That is a very good middle ground.

This is one topic i feel very strong about and have never seen it done right on any shard ive ever played on. I don't rp normally but I still like the idea of faction fighting it's possibly one of the coolest things, big epic battles, guild wars, awsome pvp makes for a fun time.

soMa
p.s If you wanna switch sides so bad and that's what is fun to you, then make 2 chars...

Off the top of my head I think there is a one week period between switching your guild. If I remember correctly, you can attack your own faction as well, kind of eliminating the need to switch.

kinda sucks to be attacked by your own side Sad
1 week aint to bad, id say longer Tongue but if you can attack both sides your right doesnt matter other than the chaos shield looks much cooler.

Should Chaos\Order Shield Be Free When You Get Lord\Poll

If it's an IN1 duplicate shouldn't everything be like IN1?

I Still think that Chaos should be able to atack everyone, but Order shouldnt be able to atack order.