Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Getting bad karma when killing murderers.

Hello!

I just noticed that after killing several murderers my character turned karma grey (meaning I have a lot of negative karma).

I don't think that you should get bad karma for killing murderers. Sure some may argue that you are "doing a bad thing" when you kill the murderer, and there by you should get negative karma, BUT think about this, when you kill a player with NEGATIVE karma you get positive karma (last time I checked), and you are STILL doing a bad thing by killing him. You also get positive karma when you kill a monster, BUT you are still killing somebody, so if we go by the theory "killing somebody = bad karma" then everything should be bad karma and nobody would have any positive karma.

I think that it should be like this:

* Killing a blue player = always negative karma.

* Killing a karma grey person = no affect on the karma.

* Killing a criminal = always positive karma.

* Killing a murderer = always positive karma.

* Killing a moster = always positive karma.

How much karma you gain should be depending on what the person u're killing have in karma etc, but at least that would make more sense than what we have now in my opinion.

- Adam

(oh and keep in mind that I am not 100% sure that all these things I wrote above is how it is right now, all I know is that I turned karma grey from killing only murderers, and that it hasn't been this way on other shard I've played on, so I think something should change)

It's because the murderers you've been killing have positive karma. I agree it shouldn't be like this Tongue You also lose karma for killing faction members who have positive karma.

Adam Wrote:Hello!

I just noticed that after killing several murderers my character turned karma grey (meaning I have a lot of negative karma).

I don't think that you should get bad karma for killing murderers. Sure some may argue that you are "doing a bad thing" when you kill the murderer, and there by you should get negative karma, BUT think about this, when you kill a player with NEGATIVE karma you get positive karma (last time I checked), and you are STILL doing a bad thing by killing him. You also get positive karma when you kill a monster, BUT you are still killing somebody, so if we go by the theory "killing somebody = bad karma" then everything should be bad karma and nobody would have any positive karma.

I think that it should be like this:

* Killing a blue player = always negative karma.

* Killing a karma grey person = no affect on the karma.

* Killing a criminal = always positive karma.

* Killing a murderer = always positive karma.

* Killing a moster = always positive karma.

How much karma you gain should be depending on what the person u're killing have in karma etc, but at least that would make more sense than what we have now in my opinion.

- Adam

(oh and keep in mind that I am not 100% sure that all these things I wrote above is how it is right now, all I know is that I turned karma grey from killing only murderers, and that it hasn't been this way on other shard I've played on, so I think something should change)

^support!

This is a Sphere feature actually but if enough people want it changed I don't have any objections really.

Taran Wrote:This is a Sphere feature actually but if enough people want it changed I don't have any objections really.

Made a new thread about this so that people can vote and tell us what they think Smile Check it out [SIZE="5"]here![/SIZE]

- Adam

Taran Wrote:This is a Sphere feature actually but if enough people want it changed I don't have any objections really.

15 votes to change it, 2 not to Smile