Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Journal and Chat

[SIZE="5"]What should be changed?[/SIZE]

What about splitting Journal and Chat?
Chat shows everything concerning talking.
Journal shows everything concerning not talking.

[SIZE="5"]Why should this be done?[/SIZE]
In order to make the in-game conversations more comfortable.
This would free us from scrolling the journal up and down in order to read something necessary. And a lot of popping-out system information [e.g. while macroing] won't disturb this pleasurable search.

[SIZE="5"]Examples to clarify[/SIZE]
If we open Journal, we can see everything we usually see there except general chat, #IN channel, guild channel and simple talking.

If we open Chat , we can see everything excluded from Journal.

Good idea, but I'm pretty sure that would be very hard and complicated to script since the journal is part of the client. Might not even be possible actually.

You can however, ignore the chat, if you don't want it to "spam" your journal.

Taran Wrote:You can however, ignore the chat, if you don't want it to "spam" your journal.

Actually, I don't want the Journal to spam my Chat. Big Grin

p.s. if there will be an impossible moment you'll have nothing to do, please, try to do smth with that. If impossible in any way, then okay, forget it.

I'm working on a python script that will automatically parse all the crap out of your journal, but the downside of this is that it only parses what has been written to a log file.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem if UO immediately wrote to the log file, but it looks like the way UO does it is to save up a bunch of lines in the client's memory, then when it gets to a certain size, it writes all of that to the log file. To make it even worse, it seems to be a set number of characters, so it can chop off sentences in the middle like:

You have hidden yoursel
instead of "You have hidden yourself well."

That gets to be really annoying when you have two different clients writing to it at the same time. >_< But it's better than nothing.