Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestion: Paying for outer Deco for Homes

Just thought up something and thought id suggest it. I was thinking with people able to create player run towns with roads, vendors, and such and with donations you could get a static created to what you like. Lets says you were someone that didn't know enough people to create a town nor want a custom building built to your liking but just wanted certain elements added to your home like there was back then for example some elements at Silvery Moon Inn, Crows Nest, and the old Goblins Burnt Flesh Market before it came to Britain. They had custom elements from staff on regular deeded houses which i know were public locations but thought id ask this anyway. Would there be any way for players to pay for having some outer deco elements from staff? or with Rp guilds/Rp racial guilds is that something that would be a incentive? Id like to purchase some lava tiles around my underworld tower to give it a more visual feel that it did just rise up from the underworld but only way I see that happening is if i pay $75 Sad. Maybe paying same way with statics, 2-3k per tile type of deal? Was just curious on that kind of deal without purchasing a custom static. Thanks

We do outer decoration for houses, provided that they're static. The reason we don't add decoration to non-static, deeded, or custom houses is that these can be re-deeded and the place looks silly since the decoration is there, but the house is not.

At the moment we don't have any set prices and I've been doing it mostly for free when it comes to adding roads, etc. Also, the decoration can't be used to make fences, etc.

The $75 is for having us build a custom static to your specifications, so we build the whole thing, then place it and freeze it. Adding a few decorative pieces or basement to an existing static isn't near as time consuming or creative as that, so I usually do it for free if I have time for it.

Ah i see, didn't know that, well that's good, Also can custom houses be made static in that case?

I can try to find a way to do that. I managed to do it to the Tower by using some command that Shade added to convert the tower that I added into a multi, then adding that multi, importing it with UO Architect, then placing the newly created static over the old one and deleting the house itself.

That command doesn't work after one of the RunUO Updates though and we had to remove it. I'll look into finding a way to convert them to static though.

AH i see, now that i think about it i forgot something from the key features on housing on the webpage :3 lol.

Quote:If that's not enough creative license for you, you can create your own static using RunUO and UOArchitect, then give us the customized file. We will load that file into the world whereever you want it, then freeze it in place for you.

So to not make it not a hassel to staff, i could just use runUO with UOArchitect and just create a building simular to the one i have in game, and have that replaced? THat would seem much easier to you and more to my liking Tongue. There any catches to doing that then? if its more tiles than what i have originally, would it go by tile cost then? on the house itself that is. Tongue

altho some people in the future may want to turn a deeded house into a static but i dont mind either way

That'd work. I forgot what we decided on the price for statics that players built, but I think it was half-price if you build your own. I need to check my chat logs and find that.

ok great Big Grin

So Eru, pretty much the only way to get a custom static in the game, is only if you donate? $75 dollars if staff does it or half ($37.50) if players does it? No other opions other then that is that right?

Please verify if that price is what was agreed on, also if there are any alternatives

Guess ill have to wait on the custom static idea

It isn't half if you build it yourself, you just have the option to get staff to build it for you. If you build it yourself staff can place decorations etc. though.

To get a custom static in the game you have to either donate or pay 2k per tile and build it yourself (max 18x18 tiles big).

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for clarify that Taran Big Grin

So to clarify, If you didn't have enough in game currency, it would be a donation $75 either way whether the staff built it or not, otherwise pay 2k per tile on one you built yourself. is that correct?

Ah, I just remembered what I was talking about with the discount; I think I was talking to Shade and was saying that if people want to make their own static, then send it to us, we can place it then they can buy it. I think the discount was if they made it, then didn't care if we duplicated it in other places or if it could be useful for something, etc.

As for the ways to get static, http://in-uo.net/info/housing-information
2K per tile, 3K in guarded towns.

It can be an existing static in game, or build by the player and sent to us via UO Architect. We make a few decoration changes most of the time unless it's like every day you need something changed. (^^Wink

You can also get a static for the $75 donation, built by a staff member however you like it, or you can build it yourself and place it and we give it to you without taking any gold.

All the statics except existing ones can be up to 18x18 tiles, usually. If you need more, run it by us first and we can approve it first. A good example of when this would be useful is if you wanted to add on a dock to the outside, fill up an extra 3-4 tiles on the outside, or add some external decoration like trees, stable, etc.

cool thx Smile