Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Original RP story for IN2 skin change

Hey, I don't play much anymore, but thought I'd submit the story I used to get a skin change (or would have the RP gm was on when i was) on In2. I don't expect anything, I just wanted to share it for the hell of it.

---------------------------------

"And the baby was beautiful, as beautiful as her mother. For it is said that, in the ancient days before they grew self-centered and seduced by evil, the most beautiful of all races ever created by the gods was the ogre...." - Raistlin's Daughter

A cooling breeze brushed against his fair blue cheek beneath the willow tree, the shade; inviting on this hot summers eve. He stood slowly, “Tranquility... silence... peace…” he cleared his mind of excess thoughts and his focus drifted. Visions of blending blue skies, on soft feathered wings danced beneath his eye lids and filled his mind with oak and willowed tree tops. He felt the breeze become a rushing wind against feather, ascending, as he opened his eyes to let the white clouds rush to greet him. With wings spread wide he coasted the currents of air with the absolute freedom of flight.

As a young Irda, the first animal Rachet had ever shifted into was an eagle. It symbolized a sort of freedom for him. He always felt most alive and free in this shape, gliding the world on eagle wings.

Rachet’s parents never wanted children, as was the custom of the Irda, but; we’re forced to mate by consequence of the Valin. Knowing their long and painful fate if they did not comply, they quickly got it over with and decided to go their separate ways. But once the child was born, they could not just leave it without guiding it in some sort of way, which did not have to be much for these two to be liberated of guilt. So they immediately sought to guide Rachet through the trials of his innate ability to shape shift. They were hoping with this skill Rachet would be powerful enough to fend for himself and they could be free of this child… this burden.

To their surprise and selfish glee, during their first lesson Rachet became a perfect eagle and flew into the sky and out of sight. “Good riddance”, they exclaimed and immediately took leave of each other without another word. To the squeamish or emotional races *cough* humans *cough* this was a tragic story of family separation. It was nothing of the sort. All three parties were more then happy to vacate each others personal space… for all eternity. This is simply the way of the Irda.

Rachet, in his true form was a tall creature, much taller them most of his kin. His skin is a light blue color comparable to the legendary smurf’s skin, a long extinct race of Britannia centuries ago. *hehe* He was not so much muscular as toned, for he was agile and quick and preferred Foils and Rapiers over the bulky, heavy swords of the common mercenary. He was well versed in the art of swash buckling. To the untrained eye watching him in combat, his swordsmanship looked like that of a circus act, but in reality it is deadly in the eyes of a master. Rachet is a friendly Irda, but has very low patience for all other races; mostly humans, but holds his tongue most of the time. Though for an Irda Rachet is uncommonly social with the folk in this land, even going as far as Trading with them when the need presents itself. His ability to shape shift is somewhat… sub par at the moment according to Irda standards, but Rachet works hard to perfect his abilities in hopes that he may instill fear onto his enemies in the form of a dragon or daemon, instead of the llama which he mostly finds the limits of his abilities producing.

Soaring through the sky, Rachet catches a glimpse of his current home in the distance. Home to the legendary Lord British himself, this was truly a city of riches. Yes, this metropolis, houses both the rich and the scum of society… there is no better place to hide one’s self unnoticed in the masses. This is the way Rachet preferred it most of the time. As Britain approached steadily, Rachet could not help but feel sadness as he swooped down onto grassy land near a pond located across from his small house. These were dark times of murder and deceit… where different houses warred with one another simply out of boredom and brotherhoods drew blood from the innocent and the weak.

But, Rachet is a tradesman by heart and does not wish to involve himself in any sort of conflict, though it saddened him. He shifted back into his original form, and cleared his mind once again, walking towards his home… he needed a rest… he needed to think… for a change was nearing, and conflict or not, he planned to be front row. He did not know why, but he had always had the feeling he was meant for greater things, and no longer would he hide in the shadows. What this greater thing was? He had no idea... and it frightened him… but he still could not shake the feeling… that there was more out there. Well at least he could always become an eagle, scouting the skies… in search of a path, laid out just for him.

*Sorry for grammar mistakes* this is an introductory story for a skin change Wink to light blue like I had before on IN2, it was short since it was only an intro, never really continued it like I had planned since In2 closed shortly after.