Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Backstabbing

have you ever thought about it? adding backstabb to the game?

my idea is to allow backstabbing with daggers and knives, maybe kryss too.

it could work like this:

im hitting someone in the back with a dagger and the normal damage is 10hp. i hit the back which means i backstabbed my enemy and that would add x2 to damage (=30hp) if my enemy is in attack mode. (means he is more prepared). If he is not in attack mode (not prepared for combat) i get a damage bonus of x5 instead of x2 (= 60hp)

if i am striking from hidden and my enemy is in attack mode the damage bonus could be x5, if my enemy is not in attack mode the damaga bonus could be something like x8 (=90hp = almost instant kill)

that was just an example. i think it would add much to the game and pvp

people would have to watch their backs in pvp a little more.
you could assassinate people if they dont pay attention
knifes and daggers would be used more

i dont think it would ruin anything becouse the chance to strike someone when hidden is not that big. but just to know that it is possible would make people try, and that would be fun..

please discuss

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like this idea, I can't see why it would ruin the PVP, since it would be really hard to backstab someone while PVPing and it would only do 30dmg aswell.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

"only" 30 damage and a few xuo fs and your dead! =) nice idea tough, im pretty sure the pvp will stay the same for now till other issues are fixed, and maka have time to look over pvp if he feels somthing new could be added to it.

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

My target is not in attack mode. Backstab and instantly one fs == very dead target.

Why do I get the feeling that this would be soooo abused to kill macroers?

Anyway, it is a good idea, the bonus you suggested is however way too big if it is implemented in the XUO-pvp. I mean, even 30hp hit is a decent hit and opens many possibilities for magic-combos, a 60hp hit to an unprepared opponent and he is dead at least 9 times out of 10.

You played InR Right?

Wait till you get into pvp here, you will realize its not a good suggestion.

[Image: untitled1copyyb3.png]

deniro and lederoil played IN:R.. and im against this cause it CAN ruin the pvp.

- regards, Fable

Odium, why would you prefer to aim for the backstab with a dagger, when you can use a bardiche that does the same damage even if you don't hit your target from the back?

This is not something you would use in PVP(as I see it), more something you would use when trying to get in to/loot houses, assassinations and such.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

as Lederoil said.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No way.

I love constructive criticism