Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Statics

This is kind of a continuation from the post that was locked where they were discussing R/R weapons. Not sure what an R/R weapon is can someone define it.

blackfog Wrote:The other thing i am against are those Statics. I actually think it will ruin the PvP at Britain Bridge and all.

Brit bridge will always be a huge attraction for pvp simply because it always has traffic from blues. The effect that statics have is that they give reds/pvp a central location. For example most of the red/chaos guilds will be buying statics in SH. This was the central red location on IN. When reds look for a place to find a fight they go to brit bridge. When order/blues are looking for a fight they go to SH. That is how it worked on IN without the pits. I'm not saying anything against the pits just explaining how it was on IN. Hope this helps explain what statics did.

On IN order/blues bought statics in Trinsic mostly. This became the order town and blues hung out there too. Outside trinsic became just as much of a hot spot as brit bridge. It'll all depend on such things. People who buy statics outside of central locations are in essence buying a guild house and its not different from placing a castle somewhere.

The difference on IN:R was that they didn't want to sell statics inside guarded areas, I understand where they are coming from, they dont' want people to have guarded guild houses and such, I think this ruins the feel of the order/chaos system giving chaos a town and order not getting one. I brought this up on the IN:R forums too. I think a portion of a city should be guarded, like the bank and a couple shops and the rest unguarded so that order can purchase statics in a town. Or you could just make an entire town unguarded and declare it as the order town.

This isn't something that should be implemented soon or anything cause I know maka has alot on his plate and really theres nothing that needs to be done until the shard opens in terms of statics, I just think it's something we can start discussing now. Please keep the discussion mature and useful.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

Thanks Skorp. You explained enough to get my thoughts which would ruin it out of the world. On a other way then my question were, but i could find the answers in it, by changing it abit to my question Tongue.. lol

R/R weapons is like the "highest" PvP reward we had on XUO. It allows you to color and rename a weapon of your choice, nothing more. R/R cloths are the same, with addition that they were normally newbied.

i wish i had an r/r maxxed bardiche of vanq
*hopes for maka to do something about it*Rolleyes

- regards, Fable

maka Wrote:R/R weapons is like the "highest" PvP reward we had on XUO. It allows you to color and rename a weapon of your choice, nothing more. R/R cloths are the same, with addition that they were normally newbied.

As long as they aren't newbied I see no reason in them being uber rare. Of course not everyone should be running around with them, but they don't need to be super rare either.

As far as clothing r/r I think the bless part should be easily accessible. The naming part should be reserved for winning an event or something. The coloring comes from GM tailoring or uber expensive purchased dye tubs. I think having blesses be fairly common allows people to bless their clothes and develop a "style" for their character. It's little things like this that build the shard's community and identity.

they was the highest pvp reward u were able to get so we liked to keep them as rare as possible Smile

If thats how it was than thats cool too.

Skorpion Wrote:Or you could just make an entire town unguarded and declare it as the order town.

If IN:X choses to sell statics in towns i'm sure they will all be unguarded towns. Your idea about the "order town" is feasible too, though Taran's the one who set up the guidelines for statics.