Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

House ages.

I have noticed that all of the houses are ageless. It would be cool to set them up where they can go idoc if not visted in i think 14 days. I think 14 is the normal setting for a house or maybe 18. Im sure alot of you agree that idoc hunting can be alot of fun and great pvp spots depending on the house area.

I agree with this, many houses are already not being used and it clogs up space and will help with item count.

even tho i support that, there are a lot of static houses that can't be decayed.

First two houses don't decay, but the third house does. It applies per account, not per player. What I'd like to see instead is where the first house decays after like 2 years, the second after 1 year, then normal times for the other houses.

Why would one acct need 3 houses? I can see 2 max if they own a guild. But when some one is inactive and dont have friends playing to keep refreshing they should loose their land after a month or so.

yeah i see 7x7s in all kinds of tactical/utility locations that are 100% dead but the house is ageless. so that spot is gone forever even if the player quits? doesn't seem logical

Agreed, all houses should decay, if people place them and quit the spot is lost effectively forever unless you do account wipes but then you'll have people moaning because their account was wiped.

The only reasonable thing to do is make all houses decay within a more reasonable time frame, if people do not come and check well then that's their issue and they obviously don't play anymore anyway so no loss. At least with this plan the onus is on the player and not the staff.

What happens to the items in the house if it decays? Do they get put in the bank or deleted?

Ramza Wrote:What happens to the items in the house if it decays? Do they get put in the bank or deleted?

From what I understand the house decays around them and they're ripe for the plunder.

Fulmanar Wrote:From what I understand the house decays around them and they're ripe for the plunder.

Thanks for the info, that's an interesting system. I don't particularly like the idea of losing my house if I decide to leave for a while. I left for almost a year and my static was right where I left it Big Grin.

edit: But at the same time, if the server has a high turnover rate (I don't know if this is the case or not), then it could be problematic for new players to find suitable housing plots.