Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Karma system

If you are karma gray, criminal, karma red, or murderer, and you are attacked by a player with more karma than you, you lose lots of karma for killing them. Even though they attacked first.

I can deal with that, I suppose... But when a faction player attacks me or if I kill a faction player, why should I lose karma? This is a bug in my opinion, you should not lose karma for killing faction members in fights. You also shouldn't lose karma for defending yourself.

Also, this isn't so much of a bug but what's the deal with being 'karma red'? Shouldn't the red tag be reserved for the true murderers?

My thoughts

Anybody care about this? Anyone anyone?

I don't think you should lose karma for faction kills, actually. Same for if someone else attacks you first, though I suppose the truly "karmic" thing to do would be to run away. I guess the same goes for killing anyone, really.

Eru I totally agree! This is how every 51a shard I have played has been. You didn't lose karma for faction kills and you didn't lose karma for defending yourself (attacking back). It'd be nice to see that here, since it makes a lot more sense... Not that casting Kal Vas Flam makes sense, but ya know...

Habibi Jones Wrote:Not that casting Kal Vas Flam makes sense, but ya know...
*laughs* True.

I always find myself having my 'moment of disbelief' at the strangest times. Like watching LOST, I was like, "OK, Polarbears on a tropical island, sure, magical smoke monsters, OK, ultrasonic fences, that's cool" but then someone will do something that is obviously something that someone wouldn't do and is just used to move the plot along or make it interesting and I'll call "Bullshit". Tongue I forget what it was exactly, though.

I changed so you won't gain/loose fame/karma if it's a faction kill or if you got attacked first.
Will start working after next restart.