Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded

After discussing this briefly with Taran, we have decided on a course of action. The vendor mall will be discontinued, at least the version you are all familiar with. We will be designating a specific area shortly that will be for exclusive vendor use. This area will not be a safe zone.

What this means for those with vendors:

Basically you will have a few options. One would be to close up shop for the time being and wait for the new area to be assigned, thus having first pick at prime locations. Another option is to do nothing and simply leave your vendor open until the final day of the vendor mall and let staff move your vendor to a location of their choice. Of course you can always decide that you don't want a vendor in such an area and opt to place one at a house instead, like the good old days.

Of course we won't be closing down the mall overnight, I feel a week is plenty of time to get your affairs together and choose your course of action. If for some reason you can't do this, as I said we will simply move the vendor for you, this way you will not lose anything.

What this means for everyone:
You will no longer be able to shop with complete safety. Of course we won't be scrunching all the vendors together in one or two building, so anyone who is looking to cause trouble for buyers will have to look hard to do so. There are ways that you can conduct business easily with little fear though but of course that is up to you to figure out.

Before vendors can be placed in the new area everything must be set up correctly so please be patient. In the mean time please feel free to post your comments or even make some suggestions regarding these changes. If for any reason you wish to discuss this privately feel free to pm me.

I know some of you may not be ecstatic about this change but there are some bright sides to this. It will cause more activity in the world, it may inspire more players to learn the pvp and it will be much easier to stock vendors now.

Update

East Britain is now unguarded and a few shops have been set up for players to use.
Some shops will be for specific sales only, if anything other than the allowed items are placed on a vendor in an item specific shop the item(s) may be removed. Obviously we do not want to be tyrants about this but if you stock a vendor with weapons in the decor shop actions will be taken. There are two vendor shops for those who wish to sell more then categorized items.

Here is the list of the current shops available for players to place vendors:

The Magic Emporium located at 1555, 1689. This shop is assigned for the sale of inscription and alchemy made items only.

Decor n' More located at 1571, 1753. This shop is for all things carpentry, tink and custom deco craftables only.

The Blacksmithy Shoppe located at 1593, 1563. This shop is for all armors, all weapons and armor or weapon crafting materials and resources.

One Stop Shop located at 1543, 1754. This shop is for variety vendors. Any and all items can be sold here with no restrictions.

The Merchant's Gazebo located at 1635, 1569. This shop is for variety vendors. Any and all items can be sold here with no restrictions.

Simplistic rules on vendor placement: Do not block doors or pathways and do not block off another players vendor.

That is all for now. If any changes or updates about this topic are made I will edit this post to try and keep all the info in a single area.

I don't fully like this idea but it will stop the safe banking issue the current vendor mall presents so I guess it's a positve. Two questions/comments:

1)

Since all the vendors won't be scrunched into 1 or 2 buildings, can certain buildings be designated for certain types of vendors. This way those of us who only sell pvp and hunting supplies (like certain scrolls and potions) can place our vendor in that building, or people who sell armors only can put their vendor in the armors and weapons building, and those who sell a variety of goods on their vendor those vendors can go in the 'mixed goods' building or they can put it in one of the other buildings if say potions are the main thing they sell plus a little extra?

2)

Shade Wrote:it will be much easier to stock vendors now

I don't follow what you mean by this. How is it easier to restock my vendor by making me go through an unguarded area instead of what I currently do; go from the guarded part of Britain to pits?

Eighty Swords Wrote:I don't follow what you mean by this. How is it easier to restock my vendor by making me go through an unguarded area instead of what I currently do; go from the guarded part of Britain to pits?

You can recall to there I think.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Since all the vendors won't be scrunched into 1 or 2 buildings, can certain buildings be designated for certain types of vendors. This way those of us who only sell pvp and hunting supplies (like certain scrolls and potions) can place our vendor in that building, or people who sell armors only can put their vendor in the armors and weapons building, and those who sell a variety of goods on their vendor those vendors can go in the 'mixed goods' building or they can put it in one of the other buildings if say potions are the main thing they sell plus a little extra?

This is something I discussed with Jackal and Gandalf. Personally I like the idea of having building specific shops, kind of like a player run blacksmith shop for example, but I have a feeling people wouldn't follow such rules. Plus I don't want to make people have multiple vendors if they don't want them. If we did this and had a "misc" shop for vendors that sell everything I think players might just only use that building.

It would kind of suck if you set up your mounts vendor and then found a vanq wep you wanted to sell and needed another vendor I think. I mean we could allow a random item or two outside of the category being sold there but then we have to deal with where to draw the line and what to do if someone crosses that line by a single item or purposely ignores it... At the moment I am trying to find the cleanest way to do this transition with little worry or trouble on the players side. It wouldn't be hard to say this building is for smiths only but it could end up being troublesome when people ignore the rule... plus you know I am a hard ass and might just end up deleting a vendor if they broke a rule. Considering how some rules we have are taken with a grain of salt I could see this not working at all and just causing a headache for staff.

Quote:I don't follow what you mean by this. How is it easier to restock my vendor by making me go through an unguarded area instead of what I currently do; go from the guarded part of Britain to pits?

It will be easier to stock because you can cast whatever spells you wish in this area. Gating next your vendor from a guarded bank is much easier then carrying max weight each trip through the pits.

I think it's a good call.. it's easy money for people to load up vendors currently and too care free.. now that there is more risk in stocking a vendor people will be more on their toes and be ready for some hidden character to dump on them.. ganking could definitely pick up and make East Britain (which is remote and nobody ever goes there) a decent ganking spot with tons of places to run and chase around.. I like the fact that people (won't say any names) will no longer be able to keep items to duel with on their vendors.. if you choose to be in a non-neutral guild then you should have to take the risk just like everyone else of banking tourney gear and weapons/pots/scrolls. I was asked to comment on and this is just my opinion.

East Britain is now officially unguarded and the vendor shops are open! Please read the edit to my original post above for more detail.

On an added note, you will be able to page and ask for your vendor to be moved. If you do not have time for this or do not want to bother we will move them all shortly after a few days time. Remember though, the sooner you move your vendor the better the location. If you wish you can also pm me with your players name. vendors name and coords of where you would like it placed and I will handle it as soon as I can.

any idea when vendor mall will be closed?

Vendor charmaine has now been relocated to One Stop Shop located at 1543, 1754. This shop is for variety vendors. Any and all items can be sold here with no restrictions. (the new vendor mall) check it out Smile

I moved Jacson to One Stop Shop also. Smile

I meant to do this a while ago to help out those who can't find it, so incase you still can't find the new vendor mall location, here's a picture of the lower half of Britain from UOAM. The vendors can all be found in the two places with red dots on them.

[Image: 75452095.png]