Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some information about the last update

It has come to my attention that a few people were unaware of exactly what was added, so I will take a moment to make mention of what we really did and what enables for you guys.

Stone mining: This allows for mining granite in any cave, which are big stones and can be crafted into stone furniture and decorations. The granite that can be mined up comes in different colors, similar to low end iron, like: verite, valorite, gold, etc. To learn how to mine the granite you must purchase a book off a npc. These npcs can be found near mines or mountains, if you look in the right area that is. You may only learn how to mine the granite once you are a GM miner. Once you have learned the skill to do so simply click your pickaxe and it will give you the option to mine for stone as well as iron.

Stone Crafting: The same npcs also sell a book that teaches you how to craft with the granite. Once you learn the skill through the book you will need to also purchase a mallet and chisel, and this will allow you to begin crafting with your granite. To be able to learn this skill you must have GM carp.

Carpet Weaving: There are now new npcs at tailor shops that sell weaving tools. They are a little pricey but they allow you to make several carpet designs. To do this all you need is a weaving tool and the required resources, which are easily obtained. Once you craft a carpet, it will be in deed form and can be placed in any house that you own. They can be redeeded by using an axe on them as well.

New Instruments: Out of a love for music and a desire to see a UO street band, we have added several new instruments. These new instruments have unique sounds and looks but they still work like classic instruments, meaning you can still use provocation and such with them. They are craftable and can be found in the carpentry menu.

Fireplaces: While you are checking out the carpentry menu you may notice a few new additions in there as well, seeing as how fireplaces are now craftable. I just wasn't a fan of stoves... they just don't have that same romantic touch. Next time you are trying to pick up a hot girl, just take her back to your place and sit her in front of the fireplace. Yeah, you can thank me the next morning.

Destard Guardian: Due to loot issues and tricky ways to kill him easily, we have changed him a bit. You may notice a huge boost if you simply fight him with summons but he isn't much stronger then before. Now he just may have certain abilities that will have you thinking on your toes. His hp has remained the same so don't get too worried if you can't kill him like before, just think out a new plan of attack.

Crossbow Mobile: Ever notice how easy it is to get arrows the easy way? Just find some mobs who use archery and let an ev take care of the rest. But what about those who prefer crossbows? Well now there are mobs who drop bolts as well.

Skill Books: These have been in the works for a little while now and are finally completed with no issues. They will allow us to make more quests for the new players who find it difficult to get started. With these new books we can check to make sure that a players skill isn't too high to use them, won't be allowed to give the books away to another player or alt and will not will only teach specific skills we decide and base off the quests. These quests will first appear in the newbie dungeon that can be accessed on the Britain Bank roof.

Thats it for the most part. Be sure to check out these new features and always remember to page or ask here if you have any questions.

Frickin good work. Im loving these additions as they give me something fun and new to do Big Grin

Keep up the hard work!

Thinking back to when I was a newbie, the newbie dungeon was kinda a slap in the face, the skill rewards were junk for the quests. Have those been improved now? Do you guys need the newb dungeon retested?

Its on our todo list and should be done shortly if all goes well but the newbie dungeon hasn't had any major changes just yet.

I just think you should let people know the weaver's tool have uses Wink I personally think you should raise the price of the weaver's tool instead of having uses though... The required material is already pretty expensive and from own experiance you fail alot (Which also counts as uses).

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Nah I want carpets to be expensive and troublesome. It will be something to earn and work for without being able to macro it overnight (for the most part) or anything.

Besides I counted on adding more carpets down the road so I think its where I want it to be for when those come.