Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Starting Bids

Darklink Wrote:I haven't played on a lot of shards or osi. just IN1,INR, hybrid and abc. I know on IN1 people weren't buying up the whole map with mass amounts of gold. There were some people who spent months/years hunting dragons and maybe amassing as much as a million or two gold to buy a sapphire set or castle or maybe they had lots of invul/vanq in there inventories. I saw some statics bought, sometimes combining money from a guild. But it's not like that here, here we have individuals talking about buying entire cities. How many months has this shard been running? 6months? And Rabbi bought a 8 million gold static? He had to have earned an average of 45k a day, if he played every day. Now mining can get you about 15-20k an hour of straight mining. Hunting might get a little more. Those are fair ways of making money. There's just one way of making money that in my eyes is not fair. I won't mention it because I don't want to encourage it. But basically theres no limit to it, if you set things up right you can make millions of gold very easily and quickly. It's almost like bug abuse to me. I think if it continues the economy will be very screwed up and more unfair. Most of the statics available will be bought up.

Buying a whole city was a joke, Darklink, relax. I GMed every crafting skill, whored myself out, hunted and fished nonstop for all 7 months the shard was up. I collected resources many hours a day and tamed every mustang I could find (then sold the ones I could). I'm sorry that you don't play 12 hours a day, but don't ruin it for those of us who do Wink. Just grab a pole and go fishing for 12 hours a day... you'll be surprised with how much gold you can make. Plus, when you have a whole guild of crafters who each have a bunch of gold from crafting/hunting/mining, it makes it easier to spend large amounts of money on a guild static.

Regards.

Yeah that makes sence. I do have a question that has been unanswerd about fishing. I havent been able to test it out myself.(i'm at about 93 fishing) The two things that are fished up into your pack are fish and boots, correct? You fish up sea serpants also, but I was under the immpression you could fish up sos msg and treasure maps. I do get those off the sea serpants. I was wondering if thats the main way to make money, kill sea serpants, get sos msg and treasure maps, and cash in. Also, i just bought a bag of 47 treasure maps off your vendor, for 47k. I thought that was quite a steal considering all the amazing stuff i get in those chests plus the gold pays for itself plus regs. I was wondering if you fish all those up or get them off serpants? So like when i'm Gm fishing, i'm guessing I'll see lots of serpants and have to kill a lot to get the gold you talk of.

Darklink Wrote:Yeah that makes sence. I do have a question that has been unanswerd about fishing. I havent been able to test it out myself.(i'm at about 93 fishing) The two things that are fished up into your pack are fish and boots, correct? You fish up sea serpants also, but I was under the immpression you could fish up sos msg and treasure maps. I do get those off the sea serpants. I was wondering if thats the main way to make money, kill sea serpants, get sos msg and treasure maps, and cash in. Also, i just bought a bag of 47 treasure maps off your vendor, for 47k. I thought that was quite a steal considering all the amazing stuff i get in those chests plus the gold pays for itself plus regs. I was wondering if you fish all those up or get them off serpants? So like when i'm Gm fishing, i'm guessing I'll see lots of serpants and have to kill a lot to get the gold you talk of.

Yea, I forgot to take the maps off; was going to *maybe* do them myself, haha. The only thing you fish into your pack is boots and fish, yes. Once you're GM fishing you'll fish up serps that get the amazing SOSes. It takes a while to get a mass of them, but once you do it really pays.

The nets are used to get kraken, which also drop nets and SOSes.

Regards.

Theo Wrote:yes, that's the cave i'm talking about. i will contact you in a few months once i have the money. but maybe an rough estimate of how much?

Well the cave that you're referring to doesn't actually exist in the world at the moment. It was custom added to despise on IN1 for the dwarves for RP and such. I don't want to get your hopes up just yet. You should contact Taran and see what he says about it, if he says its fine to sell then I'll give you a rough price and you can go from there.

darklink Wrote:Yeah that makes sence. I do have a question that has been unanswerd about fishing. I havent been able to test it out myself.(i'm at about 93 fishing) The two things that are fished up into your pack are fish and boots, correct? You fish up sea serpants also, but I was under the immpression you could fish up sos msg and treasure maps. I do get those off the sea serpants. I was wondering if thats the main way to make money, kill sea serpants, get sos msg and treasure maps, and cash in. Also, i just bought a bag of 47 treasure maps off your vendor, for 47k. I thought that was quite a steal considering all the amazing stuff i get in those chests plus the gold pays for itself plus regs. I was wondering if you fish all those up or get them off serpants? So like when i'm Gm fishing, i'm guessing I'll see lots of serpants and have to kill a lot to get the gold you talk of.

you don't actually hook treasure maps and bottles while fishing, you have to kill the serpents that you fish up. If you run out of nets and want more, check vern in the vendor mall. ~_O He's got nets and L1 T-Maps aplenty.

Those fishing nets are hard, the water elementals kick my ass, it gets hard to cast EV when they hit me making me fizzle and i die in a few short seconds. I will try some more though.

once the water elementals run out of mana, they're much easier. Tongue It's that first 30 seconds of mana dumping that gets ya.

Sindern Wrote:once the water elementals run out of mana, they're much easier. Tongue It's that first 30 seconds of mana dumping that gets ya.

Poly to deamon/dragon, heal urself to full 250hp cast ur net laugh at em since u outheal em alot easier with 150 xtra hp.

Man made booze, God did not
God made pot, man did not

Alternate solution:

1. Cast Net
2. See water elemental
3. Sail away
4. Imagine fisherman finding it accidentally.
5. Laugh

Repeat.

Good tips, thanks. I should have thought of that.

Once I left my boat somewhere and recalled to it to find several monsters surrounding it like someone threw a bunch of nets at it for me. I was able to sneak in to cast EV's though.

When i see a water elemental i just provoke it to attack a serp. And then i arrow him to deathh Big Grin!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.