Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bringing Back RP

Yes, I think we need to do something about the l33t hardcore players that ruin the game for other players.
We're just going to enforce the rules we already have harder, and stop tolerating so much crap we take at the moment.

I'm going to post an announcement about this shortly.

I always thought the RP was stupid, even though when I was much younger, around 12-15 I enjoyed it a lot. I still write fiction and things a lot and I can see why a lot of people like it. I mostly would insult or attack someone because I didn't like them for other reasons.

I feel bad the guys can't play how they'd like to. Just crush the people who do. Let them know you'll do the same for them, but if you're in the wrong you pay the price.

Good job guys.

OMGeez it's smurtle!

Haha. Yeah. I've been wandering around a bit.Tongue

RP tags are great for catching other players attentions.. When i first began playing all i wanted to do was learn how to kill something.. or some one. Who doesnt? but no one can ignore a giant RP tag beside a players name.. questions are asked and soon enough you got a new player more aware of RPing. And the events that were held for RPers, i think every player was a sucker for them. the main monster.. or treasure.. w/e it was had a unique item no one else could have consistantly... Created rares constantly for the server... Charts were even created that listed items given away and their rarity. Only RPers had the chance to get them.. and they could do what ever they wanted with them.. sell them.. fight with them... display them.. depending on what they were. Having that said, more and more players HAD to be RP players to get a taste of these uniques.. So thats just another thing to think about if you want to increase RP around here..

Some RP tag rules that i can remember were..

-staying in character during events.. or be punished..(jailed, kicked out of the event, or even stripped of tags if it was extreme) you should always stay in char if your not in an occ area.

-Attacking with out a reason or slightest bit of RP before hand.. BAD... Punishment if caught.

-abusing your tags... pretty much sums it up lol.

Im no expert but you catch my drift right?

It gives GMs some thhing to do aswell. when your not answering player problems... you can be watching over some RPers.. rewarding them.. keeping tabs on the more dedicated and deserving RPers. You can even have staff specifically for watching RPers.. limited abilities... just snoopers.

Wouldnt that help the RP though??

RP tags might be nice if they are combined with gaining new opportunities like the ones Moss mentioned.

The one thing that would greatly benefit this shard though would be introducing stricter rules and enforcing them. Specifically naming and proper writing. Would make the general feel much more mature.

Also i miss hells halberds sooooooooo much. It was the most used weapon on IN1 so lets get it back on here asap Wink

Veno, let me tell you that the hells halberd are going to be implemented.. I saw a gm with one the other day.!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Kepi Wrote:Veno, let me tell you that the hells halberd are going to be implemented.. I saw a gm with one the other day.!

I know they are. I just want them now! Big Grin

Really hate the random factor in hunting for weapons. Crafted is much better.

Kepi Wrote:Veno, let me tell you that the hells halberd are going to be implemented.. I saw a gm with one the other day.!

Ive been walking around with one for about a month! atm they are being balanced should see them soon Smile