Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Foreing Language section

hey i think we should have a foreing language section , since believe me, half of the xuo players are spanish, some others are french also. so it wouldlt be bad if we could have language sections and set moderators in each diferent

as far as i know i am the only spanish staff on the shard, pande is the only french one

I think it would be best to only officially support one language. Just about everyone here speaks at least "bad" english where, by contrast, most native english speakers here speak only the one language.

From an administrative point of view: Supporting segregation of the community would be a nightmare.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

like tiesto said though, many of the xuo players do _only_ speak spanish, i got some of them on my list, they do not understand english Sad . so a spanish section could actually be an idea where tiesto can post updates etc aswell so i dont have to use the translator on msn every second day Tongue

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I know this was not a problem on IN, but like tiesto said on XUO we had a spanish speaking playerbase, and i know for a fact that most of them still hang around and wait for in-x to open =)

But Tiesto you would have to spread the word around to all the spanish speaking players about that section if taran says its a good idea =)

And Nasir, i do understand and agree with what you said, but i also think we have to help the spanish speeking players.[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

The problem is finding someone who can moderate those forums that knows the language well and that has time to check the forums frequently.

Taran Wrote:The problem is finding someone who can moderate those forums that knows the language well and that has time to check the forums frequently.

i think tiesto volunteered to look over the spanish section, and i wouldn't have a problem watching over the french section. but most/all french players can speak atleast "bad" english

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Taran Wrote:The problem is finding someone who can moderate those forums that knows the language well and that has time to check the forums frequently.

me? Big Grin spanish is my main language Wink

Pande Wrote:i think tiesto volunteered to look over the spanish section, and i wouldn't have a problem watching over the french section. but most/all french players can speak atleast "bad" english

i hate reading spanish/french, stick to english, which will motivate people to study that damn language. Its not a game, it gives it even an educative aspect:badgrin:. Separating the forum/shard doesn't look like a good idea to me

bloodhound you're right with one thing; separating the forums isn't a good thing.

but having a section of your players uninformed isn't good either. id say this is a worse scenario.

if you don't like reading other languages, then igrow up because there are more cultures then just english in this world and you will be exposed to them.

however, in the end you don't have to worry because they would be other sections, like how there is a general section, we would have French and Spanish sections.

i really don't see the harm in informing people in their own language.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way I look at it, people are born differently, They can't help that that's there language, put yourself in there shoes, for example, you wasn't a american, but someone tried to help you out, put up a forum spot for you to get information, and what not. +1 -Aeorox

[Image: sigpic28_6.gif][Image: Aeo_2010]