Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stat Tooltips

I know you guys are busy, but I just wanted to toss this out there.

It would be great if there were tooltips in the stats interface that gave information on what Strength, Dex and Int do. Like strength would say: "Increase health by x, weapon damage by y% and carry weight by z." Also perhaps when you mouseover mana pool it would show you how fast your mana regens? I have a general idea about how these work, but it would be nice to know exactly how much each stat affects what.

That would be pretty sweet Big Grin

Not really sure about tooltips, not my decision anyway. But here is the info you are asking for:

STR - You get hit points equal to 50 + STR/2. STR also influences weapon damage up to 100 STR (above 100 is all the same in this respect).

DEX - Weapon swing rate base is at 100 DEX, below 100 you lose 0.8% swing rate per 1 DEX, above 100 you gain 0.4% swing rate per 1 DEX. Bandages operate at base effectiveness at 80 DEX, below this you lose some success %, minimum heal and maximum heal, above 80 DEX the converse is true to a maximum of +4 to minimum heal and +2 to maximum heal and an increase success chance to 95% (I think, give or take some fraction of a %)

INT - Mana equal INT. INT + meditation influence mana regeneration but this is capped at INT + meditation = 200, so for GM meditation only INT up to 100 increases your regeneration rate.

That may be too much for information for a tooltip. It could be a good addition to the server tips window though. Loki, you can add it using .addtip Wink

Loki Wrote:Not really sure about tooltips, not my decision anyway. But here is the info you are asking for:

STR - You get hit points equal to 50 + STR/2. STR also influences weapon damage up to 100 STR (above 100 is all the same in this respect).

DEX - Weapon swing rate base is at 100 DEX, below 100 you lose 0.8% swing rate per 1 DEX, above 100 you gain 0.4% swing rate per 1 DEX. Bandages operate at base effectiveness at 80 DEX, below this you lose some success %, minimum heal and maximum heal, above 80 DEX the converse is true to a maximum of +4 to minimum heal and +2 to maximum heal and an increase success chance to 95% (I think, give or take some fraction of a %)

INT - Mana equal INT. INT + meditation influence mana regeneration but this is capped at INT + meditation = 200, so for GM meditation only INT up to 100 increases your regeneration rate.

The tooltip could be shorter though like for STR - Increases HP by 85 and damage by 15%. That's not too much for a tooltip. The tip window is probably just as good. I know qualitatively what each one does, but I am curious quantitatively how much I am actually gaining. The tooltip would provide the latter.

You mean like in-game? I'm not sure if it's possible since that may be hard-wired into the client itself. :<

Yes, I was thinking in game. It would dynamically change as you gain stats. I understand if it's not possible, the explanation in this thread and in others is sufficient. It's just nice to see it in game.