Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mailing system

Add on to the current mailing system be able to add objects into the mail.
Just small items like runes or a few regs. Just allow a small amount of stone to be mailed to one another.
Say it cost 10gp to mail a rune to someone.

Thoughts ?

soMa Wrote:Add on to the current mailing system be able to add objects into the mail.
Just small items like runes or a few regs. Just allow a small amount of stone to be mailed to one another.
Say it cost 10gp to mail a rune to someone.

Thoughts ?

Yeah, this worked GREAT with WOW. Perhaps mailing items to Guildmates could be instant but mailing to a NON-Guildie can take a few hours of gameplay time.. Just sayin.

not only WOW, but surely a few other MMO.

I always liked the personal interactions in UO. We already have server wide chats, player vendors, message system and the forum. Lets at least keep a little bit of the old school in the game.

I like it because if someone is afk you don't have to worry about leaving the item anywhere someone might take it because sometimes players play in different time zones.
The time delay thing is cool, as if it's actually being mailed Smile

I'm not really sure it's a good idea. If we start implementing stuff like this we will effectively remove the need for interaction in-game. The chat system has already removed some interaction in-game but the pro's outway the con's by far for that.
There are not enough pro's for a mailing system to outweigh the lack of needed interaction I think.