Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Power Hour?

Played an old russian server years ago, they WERE the best around for .51a doing alot of really weird/near things.

One thing i remembered was a Daily Power Hour where skill gains go faster then normal, how much faster? who knows lol think they even did it twice a day, to be more fair for players in different time zones and countries.

Is this a workable idea or maybe its been discussed before...

Heck no. Maybe on special occasions but no.

No. There are power hours dedicated to special days, or holidays. No.

And I suggest calling them 'happy hours' Wink

The shard you're talking about is probably The Abyss. They do have a powerhour every day but that's because of how hard the skillgain is there, the skillgain here for every skill is much easier than it is on The Abyss.

Habibi Jones Wrote:The Abyss.

That i believe is what it was called.
They had a guy there named Fallout , one hell of a crazy programmer.
He even did a sphere .51a server called Forgotten Lands? or Forgotten something.
which was huge.
He eventually set me up with the entire server years after they closed down or merged or was the prototype from my understanding for the The Abyss.

One Neat feature i remember working Soccor.
Players just run around towards this soccar ball image and it would get stuck to their feet as they run, giving the impression of kicking it , and another player would just have to run through him to steal the ball and what not, was pretty fun.
Maybe just an idea.

but if they can implement that crap with sphere.51a original scripting manipulation.
I would assume a RUNuo engine which incorporates actual programming knowledge, would be an ease to add ?

Hell i even had new items and images added to mul files on my server for .51a.
but here i notice theres not all that much really new for items and what not, maybe im still new and haven't ventured farther then merc camp and britain lol.

But on the same note for a suggestion, I would of figured new items and loots would be allready implemented, and special monsters giving special items in weird random places all over the world.. ect..
Some other guy there has a thread going about this idea...
To be honest that's the only reason i came to this server lol figured that setup was already running.

not bashing the server Smile just saying hmm. pitter patter get r done
lol k whatever
*end rant*

I believe that sphere .51a server which had a custom client and everything and extra protection blah blah is still downloadable somewhere, File exchange or file planet something like that, free hosting of files, where if your a regular user you gotta wait a time limit to download blah blah.. one of those type of sites.. I know I sent the entire server to half a dozen old admins back in the day as well.

And on a side note, Why don't you guys have custom Gumps? lol.
Character doll, map window. The main Client.exe login background ect ect.
If i remember correctly the gumps your using were one of the many free downloads from an old sphere .51a site as well lol.
I just remember the logon background, and the character doll mouse over flame images..lol..

Aww almost forget.

if ya don't hate me yet, you probably will now.

but iv honestly never played a sphere .51a server in my life which had the feature of Dis arming both hands, when casting a spell or using a bandages...

Read somewhere that .51a was the main goal to re-create on pol or runuo or whatever it is lol.

Maybe its all ready been discussed, or perhaps 'they're' working on correcting this, or is this just the way it is? and if so a reasoning behind this feature would be kinda neat lol.

Would atleast help reduce a couple hotkeys or macro's one would need when playing.

eh im just talking lol.

At first I thought, ok i have to GM Healing, then GM magery , then i would be able to cast and use bandages while equipped, but a few people tell me nope, its just the way it is.. well thats not the way sphere .51a is lol.

I think we should have an ADVERTISED day or weekend with double XP gain in order to attract new players. We're at 200 players constant but lets reach for 300 if we plan enough and let the right people know . . . We can defiantly have at least 20 new players that actually stick around an play. This will require some marketing skills but it's well worth it in the end.

The OSI style power hour would make more sense - the first 1 hour you are logged in every 24 hours you get a small increase in gains, it is unique to each account and not simply a blank "hour when everyone gains more" which would suck for people in a bad timezone.

However, that said, I am not sure Taran will be keen on the idea and it's not the sort of thing you can get an answer from a lowly GM about Wink

This has been discussed before and we're not going to have power hours here.
We have skillgain bonus periods sometimes, that will have to do Wink