Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make tables los.

Raziel_ Wrote:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahah

The reason you cant hit melee through a table is because you're not on a tile next to the tile of your target! theres you, the table, then your target! you cant reach the target!

this

Loki Wrote:I'm personally not in favour of making tables block LoS. It just doesn't make sense to me. Sure, once in a while I go to dinner with a girl where, in good lighting, I suddenly realise that I wish the dinner table did block LoS, but sadly it never does Wink

I am, however, in favour of adding other forms of scenery that block LoS either in the DM or around popular PvP spots. But I would rather do it after we've had a chance to play with spell damage a bit. The reason for this is that I feel currently people are too hard to kill in PvP, this is definitely a problem in 1 vs 1 and maybe even in group PvP and adding even more ways for people to break LoS and reduce incoming damage will only make it worse. I'd like to get the PvP to a place where blocking LoS is important and (rightly) an advantage for skillful players to use, but without breaking the balance of killing/healing.

So, pending the judgement of the T-man, could I persuade you to wait and let us get back to this issue a little later? and preferably don't all start arguing again Wink

and this, I have no problem with creating obstacles in the DM or any other ffa type event. I just don't want it to affect when people los behind tables in lets say ocllo for example in a house. Recall scrolls invis pots and with reflect on is already hard enough to try and keep people from leaving don't need it anymore difficult than it already is..

Invis pot recall is unstoppable anyways. los is just there to help if you wanna stick around and fight.

Loki Wrote:I'm personally not in favour of making tables block LoS. It just doesn't make sense to me. Sure, once in a while I go to dinner with a girl where, in good lighting, I suddenly realise that I wish the dinner table did block LoS, but sadly it never does Wink

I am, however, in favour of adding other forms of scenery that block LoS either in the DM or around popular PvP spots. But I would rather do it after we've had a chance to play with spell damage a bit. The reason for this is that I feel currently people are too hard to kill in PvP, this is definitely a problem in 1 vs 1 and maybe even in group PvP and adding even more ways for people to break LoS and reduce incoming damage will only make it worse. I'd like to get the PvP to a place where blocking LoS is important and (rightly) an advantage for skillful players to use, but without breaking the balance of killing/healing.

So, pending the judgement of the T-man, could I persuade you to wait and let us get back to this issue a little later? and preferably don't all start arguing again Wink

Awesome. When (if) you choose to add los to DM and other pvp spots maybe me or someone else that knows what good los is help.

Lags Wrote:Invis pot recall is unstoppable anyways. los is just there to help if you wanna stick around and fight.

so many it even more impossible rather than try to help the situation? yes very smart..

There's no need to argue, you're actually both right. LoS does take skill and we like to add skill to PvP so in time I think we'll do that (and sure Lags, if you'd like to consult on that and Taran is okay with the idea then I'll come and chat with you when the time comes). But sm0ke is also 100% correct that it is currently very difficult to kill people, so this problem needs tackling first and it is definitely on our radar, once people are reasonably killable then allowing LoS to play a bigger part in the job of survival is OK with me at least (all within reason of course).

sm0ke Wrote:so many it even more impossible rather than try to help the situation? yes very smart..

All that needs to be done about how easy it is to recall is make recall take 3 more seconds to cast. That should give you pleanty of time to stop them.

Loki Wrote:Sure, once in a while I go to dinner with a girl where, in good lighting, I suddenly realise that I wish the dinner table did block LoS, but sadly it never does Wink

Just calling attention to this quality zing.

From my point of view it needs to be easy to get away if you don't want to fight someone. It's bad enough already with the amount of pk'ers we have.

Don't worry, I have no intention of trying to make PvP participation mandatory Wink