Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Meditation useless?

i mean since mana pots arent giving u much mana why not make mediation usefull in pvp?

make the mana regen , when in mediation, quicker.

like in one minute of meditating it gives u around 40 mana lol
why not make it 2 or even 3 times faster?

what do you guys think?

Well you can't meditate while pvping since you would be in combat. Total mana potions give back quite a bit though. Which ones are you using? Mana potion or total mana potion?( I think that's the higher mana potion name)

Or is that your point, meditation in combat? That would be interesting but I would say if you can meditate in combat it should be nerfed from current levels.

Meditation is meant to be for hunting and not for PVP. It's a cheaper alternative to using mana potions that uses a bit more time instead of gold.

Buffing meditation so that you can meditate while PVPing seems counterintuitive. (Meditating and fighting at the same time?) Plus, it would lower the value and usefulness of mana potions.

The way meditation works now, I believe, is that you meditate, then you enter a trance where the amount of mana that you get back increases the longer you're meditating until you finally lose your concentration. Perfect for running away from a fight with a monster while your EV holds it off.

Mana pots not giving enough mana? not sure if serious :p

i meant meditating standing still even in pvm situations ure gonna medit for at least two minutes to get total mana point. wich is long dont u think?
greater mana pots replenishes what 40 mana? and whats the timer to redrink? 15 sec ?

i just thought it was weird thats all if its meant to be that way for some reason then i will remove my suggestion Wink

I believe it's not intended that you can chain cast magic spells in any situation. Though that would be interesting, if you are doing PvM you probably want to mix melee/archery with provocation and spells for the best effect. I typically just provoke two monsters and drop an EV or two then meditate while they duke it out.

You probably want to keep mana potions handy for emergencies, but I dont think it would be cost effective to chain drink mana potions. Maybe if you are an alchemist you could swing that.

You're only really going to run into mana problems if you're trying to kill a monster with magic damaging spells or just cast Energy Vortexes to tank monsters that are too tough for them.

There are a lot of other things you could be using, like Archery for damage, provocation to have another monsters tank instead of an EV, walling the monster after paralyzing so that they can't move while you shoot them, etc.

It would be nice if mana gained faster when meditating. Even with GM meditation it goes really slow. I think speeding it up wouldn't have any downsides unless you enjoy standing and waiting for numbers to tick slowly Smile

As for PvP, if you can use meditation during PvP you are a better man than I!

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If you're GM meditation and stand still while meditating away from monsters you will go from 0 to 100 mana in about 1½ minutes.

That's not really bad imo and I have no real mana problems when hunting myself except if I take on challenging monsters, in which case it should be hard.
Hunting right now is pretty easy and increasing mana regen would make it even easier, even too easy.

I was kinda annoyed with Meditation aswell, untill I decided to GM it. It all changed Smile
DOnt change it, leave it the way it is!

I think it's slower than molasses as I've stated, but I agree it shouldn't be changed because as Taran said, hunting would just be too easy.
With GM provo and EV scrolls you don't need to drink a single potion while hunting.
If you are GM Vet as well, you will need 1/4 of the EV scrolls you will use without GM Vet.