Poll: Do we want this system to be established? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sure, that's a nice one!
50.00%
50.00%
Surely we don't want this cr*p!
50.00%
50.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gem Crafting / INcrustation

[SIZE="5"]Introduction.[/SIZE]

I don't really understand what is the situation with jewellery in this world. But still I'm eager to suggest the Incrustation system. Please, understand my good-for-nothing efforts to add something to the prettiest world I've ever seen [IN]. I'm trying... I'll be better, I'll come to normal... Sometime.

So, try to imagine what this system is.

[SIZE="5"]Gist.[/SIZE]

All the jewellery [those necklaces and rings used as decoration] crafted by precious tinkers [jewellers?] of our world can be encrusted with gems. Incrustation with gems makes a jewel sort of a magical item. And it means bonuses! From Faster Mana Regeneration to [God Save Lord British] Skill Bonuses.

[SIZE="5"]Technology.[/SIZE] [Actually, the essence.]

[SIZE="4"]Crafting.[/SIZE]

1. A tinker, who thinks that he's sort of god of Item Identification, takes a loupe/lens/magnifying glass [produced by a glassblower?] and aims at a jewel.
  2. A loupe [depending on the tinker's Item Identification skill] shows what the quality of the jewel is [an exceptional ring] and how many gems can be encrusted into it. [e.g. "This jewel can be encrusted with 14-17 gems".]
  3. Mr. Happiest-Tinker-Ever takes special Pincers and aims at the handful of gems in his backpack.
  4. Only a tinker with advanced skill [60-100] is able to encrust. So the world checks if he's actually able to encrust anything with dear precious pebbles and delivers its verdict: "You don't understand how to work with these.", if our tinker hero is still a suckling.
  5. In case of a successful check of the tinker's skill, the world proposes to aim at the jewel our tinker is eager to encrust.
  6. He clicks on it and doesn't move for a minute [or smth].
  7. If he successfully [depends on the skill and luck, I think] creates the item, a new jewel falls into his backpack [e.g. 'an exceptional ring with an amethyst'].
  8. The final step is "locking down the gem". This is easy, you just need to cast a Lock spell at the crafted jewel.
  9. Another check with a loupe will show that the new item has a [random] bonus, in our case Faster Mana Regeneration.
  10. Everyone is happy, especially our sufferer.

[SIZE="5"]"Totally Boring".[/SIZE]

- That's all amazing, but what's about a skill boost, cap'n?

There are different 'boss' monsters all around the world. And there are different Slayer weapons that help to kill them. So, listen!

When you kill such a 'boss' creature with this-creature-type Slayer weapon, there's incredibly atomic [=tiny] chance of finding something in its corpse that still contains this creature's soul [e.g. a frozen tear/a tooth/an eye/a claw].

These "dead soul items" [there are only 5 types of them] can be encrusted into a jewel as well [1-3 of them]. And they definitely give bonuses to skills. [I checked].

If you suddenly understand that you've got all 5 types of "dead soul items", you can go to Mr. Rubiamonthyst [NPC], who is able to craft a "Mythical Diadem" for you [besides "dead soul items", you have to bring Iron and money with you"], which gives an impressive boost to a skill of your choice.

[SIZE="5"]Conclusion.[/SIZE]

I understand that there are a lot of things that need to be fixed/changed/balanced etc. But at least, I want to hear your opinion.

[SIZE="5"]P.S.[/SIZE]
Question: Why is this system necessary to be implemented in the World of Imagine Nation?
Answer: As they say: "All is gold that glitters." [like that?]

huh?