Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Questions about Dex.

Hello, I am new to this server. I was just wondering if dexterity influence any skills, for example;
- Overall attack speed using weapons.
- Archery fire rate.
- Bandaging Speed.
- Etc?

And also are there any of the skills from list that are deactivated/not in use on this server?

many thanks Smile

Hello and welcome,

Dexterity affects how fast you swing with weapons and shoot with bows. It doesn't affect bandaging speed though and not much else either.

All skills work more or less. Although some are pretty useless so far, like camping.

The only deactivated ones are the ones from later UO versions:
  • Necromancy
  • Focus
  • Chivalry
  • Bushido
  • Nunjutsu
  • Spellweaving

Eru Wrote:The only deactivated ones are the ones from later UO versions:
  • Necromancy
  • Focus
  • Chivalry
  • Bushido
  • Nunjutsu
  • Spellweaving

Just curious .. will any of these be implemented in the future?!

Nope. Tongue They're from later expansions and not Sphere. They'd change the S*** out of playstyle. What might be interesting instead is to replace them somehow if possible with other skills. Maybe more crafting skills?

I've seen some really neat applications for necromancy on other shards that we could steal. Being able to cook and eat human body parts to gain necromancy. High level necromancer could cook and eat the heart of a killed player to Curse them. It also made the other player hallucinate for a random value between 1 and 10 minutes. To kill the unbelievable annoyance of hallucinating during pvp, cure pots were scripted to relieve the hallucinations. I remember the curse success rate was 100% at GM, and that it was so incredibly painstaking to GM (since body parts weigh so much) so I never GM'ed it. Every now and again I'd just be macroing or in a dungeon or something, and randomly start hallucinating because someone cooked/ate my heart.
We got a char pretty high up in necromancy and started a heart collection, needless to say hilarity ensued when I'd start a duel with someone and then tell my friend "ok dude cook and eat his heart now". It was a pretty neat feature Tongue

Thanks for the Feedback Big Grin