Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Crafting and Resource Gathering

The new craft and resource gathering systems added are now enabled. For those who are interested I will start you all off in the right direction.

Stone crafting and mining: Stone mining takes the knowledge of a GM miner to accomplish. Once you have the needed skill you will have to learn how to mine it. To do so find a stone crafter npc and buy a manual that teaches you about the skill. These npcs can be typically found near mines like Minoc Mines, aka Mt. Kendall. This same npc also teaches you how to craft with the stones as well, through a manual, however to craft with the stones requires GM carpentry. Crafting with stones requires a special tool that npc sells as well.

Once you are able to mine stone you can simply click a normal pickaxe or shovel and set them to mine for stone as well.
*Important Note: Some people may need to hold shift to be able to set their items to mine differently due to a setting in more recent clients. This can be disabled by going into your options and deselecting the box that says "Hold shift for context menus".*

Sand Mining and Glass Blowing: Mining sand works exactly like mining stone, though a different npc teaches the skill. These npcs tend to be found at mage shops and around other alchemists, such as Britain Mage Shop. Once you are able to mine sand it can be used to create glass items. To craft with glass you must be a gm alchemist. Again, you will need to read a manual that the same npc sells along with a glass blowing pipe. Once you have the required knowledge and items, simply stand near a forge to begin crafting.

Swamp Mining and Clay Crafting: To mine clay, like the others, you will need GM mining. Once you have the skills needed you can mine at any swamp, though this time you will need a special shovel to dig it up. These tools can be bought off npcs who lurk around tinker shops, such as Britain's Tinker Shop. While there you may wish to buy a crafting tool since you will not need a second manual to learn how to craft with clay like the others mentioned above. This skill is based off tinkering and has a much bigger selection of craftables then the other 2 crafts.

For any questions I did not cover please direct them to this topic.

Can't wait to start mining up this crap!

Its on the Extreme North mage , second Floor!

Edit: That mirror you make by glassblowing is the coolest deco of ALL TIMES!

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Ryuuku Wrote:Its on the Extreme North mage , second Floor!

Edit: That mirror you make by glassblowing is the coolest deco of ALL TIMES!

I SAW!! Im Going STRAIGHT for that Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Yea , When I saw it first day I mined sand and with alot luck I succesed on 1 try.

But its 45% chance to do it and take alot sand , its a pain when you fail.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

First try success Big Grin FIRST ****ING TIME IN MY LIFE.

F>_< that stupid mirror. I blew through like 200 sand and hours of running around beaches to make one.

Did you at least finally make it? Smile

Yep. I like it. I also made a bunch of elemental statues with clay crafting. I was hoping that they'd be animated, but no dice. :<