Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AutoSupply Good Or Bad?

LudaKrishna Wrote:my fear however is... to get resources u need to gain skills......and for some of them they take ridiculously long, thus what does a player do then? stop playing?

there needs to be a global fix imo

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]If we are talkign bout skillgain.
1.You do not gain skill in any of the duel/torny areas. (so autosupply will never make you able to gain skills)
2. pvp skills gain really fast.
3. You get 3 skills set at a fixed limit when starting.
4. expencive to macro swords/parry/healing/mace/fencing/etc? aye if u cant buy daggers and skinning knifes Tongue

if we are talkign bout alchemy/inscription etc. There are plenty of other people who have spent the required time to GM those skills and sell pots in the vendor area, You could easily afford resources from hunting for about half an hour.

We do want as i haev stated before, people should be able to survive on being salesmen if they dont like the pvp part of uo. If everyone would be gm in all skills these players would have nothing to play for (and less people to kill while they mine,hunt etc) wich is nto good for anyone.[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

it's not hard to get supplys at all, i've got tons of scrolls from just wanting scrolls to hunt and pvp and i've gmed inscribe off it in a pretty decent time (3 weeks of macroing every night and spending 80k a day on 5k supplys to macro with)

The only problem i see with the resources is that for the fail rate of fs when you're gmed is still about half which is still pretty ridiculous imo it should be a 65% around chance to sucseed on creating an fs right now it's probably at a 45% of sucsess

I dunno, i think until we don't have so big playerbase, autosupply with maxxed gear is ok. The more participants, the better tournament...:/

Oh and jamie its 78.6% chance to success making fs scroll with 100.0 inscription;pp

you might be right about the more players, or maybe it will inspire them to be more active hunt for there gear and supplys and make everyone more active instead of just being lazy and afk in pits.

@inscription really? wow feel like a lot less to fail..

Gang-Bang Wrote:Oh and jamie its 78.6% chance to success making fs scroll with 100.0 inscription;pp

That's the good thing about RUNUO crafting menus; tells you your chance to make an item with your skill rate Smile

Quote:This might have to tie into with skill gain on IN-X, as honestly it does take forever to gm some skills. Rabbi told me he took 1 month CONSTANT mining and blacksmithing (with skill stone I believe).....1 month 12 hrs a day to just gm those skills. I'm not saying it should be a week but what about ppl that don't play 12 hrs a day? We're going to wait what a year to gm a skill?

I believe what you're describing is exactly the goal. Not everyone GM's the harder skills because of the effort involved. This way there is actually an economy and not everyone is a Rabbi. Your character can quickly become strong but becomingh self-sufficient take mores effort as I think it should.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

For skills I think that the basic skills should be made a little easier, but stuff to gather resources such as mining and craft skills such as alchemey inscirption and blacksmithy should remain hard. Becuase many people have already GM'ed it so it's not just rabbi whose able to do it and it wouldn't be fair to the people who already gmed it and wasted so many supplys to just lower it now. But I do agree that the basic skills like magery/healing/eval int/resisting spells and combats should be a little bit easier for new players, so that they can have their skills and then just need to hunt for resources/money so that they can GM there craft skills which takes about 2-3 months