Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weapons

OK so it's easy to do :p but like Sindern said there are probably more important things.

What the shard needs is added content, like the recent new armors. We need to add content that will give players something to do!

Don't lie Odium, we all know you loved it Smile

Sindern Wrote:While the idea does have promise, there's probably a lot more important stuff to work on first. I'd love to see the less used weapons finally have a use, but it's a lot of time to balance them, and people would have to do a lot of calculations and test runs, and eventually we'd just end up with a new "best" weapon that everyone uses. At least bardiche looks cool. It would be terrible news if the new best turned out to be something like a hammer pick. Tongue

Here's an idea that I'm stealing from World of Warcraft. What if you could "disenchant" the magical weapons that are crappy to get materials to make other weapons stronger?

I.E. You can disenchant a vanq weapon to get vanquishing dust that you can apply to a non-magical weapon like a bardiche. You could disenchant like 5-10 crappy vanquishing weapons to get enough magical dust to make one vanq bardiche. Then, you could do the same for tactics, though you might want to make it a max of like +15 tactics so that a +25 vanq bard is still godly.

/shrug

Totally awesome idea. You could take it farther and allow socketing of weapons as well. So like, say you have a black widow, since its special weap, allow different gemstones to give different effects in damage vs mobs. Example, you take a normal gem like, an amethyst. You get 3 people together who have to dump a certain amount of mana into the gem to activate it. Say maybe 3 or 4 hours worth of multiple people dumping mana into it will make it into glowing magical amethyst. You then implant it into a weapon and each gem type adds a different proc. Only usable vs monsters of course.

Hey buddy, this isn't WOW or D2, and we're a sphere replica. I didn't play a sphere server but was this kinda thing even around?

Well, OSI added elemental damage types to weapons. And I'm sure I played a sphereshard where it was enabled a few years ago. Maybe not though, I cant answer that one for definite.

I just hate how people just say its not spherish....

If its good why not implement (I'm not saying that is a good idea but have so many other things people say its not spherish bla bla bla) ?

Have so many cool things that wasnt in sphere but can be added now!

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

The only reason I said it is because we are trying to be a sphere replica, right? If we add every other cool thing all the other shards added we will be just like any other shard and nothing special about us.

Eighty Swords Wrote:The only reason I said it is because we are trying to be a sphere replica, right? If we add every other cool thing all the other shards added we will be just like any other shard and nothing special about us.

The most special thing on sphere was pvp and that what we have. Aos come with alot crap, but with good things also, I dont see any hurt in get some of those good things.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

An important part to a server is also the feeling you get from it. If you get the feeling or impression that it's not old school, or it's the latest expansion that takes away from it. A lot of the little things add up to make a big difference on a server.

I dunno, theres good arguments on both sides of that. There are shards that mimic the t2a era exactly and are very successful, even though I find that type of experience insanely played out and boring. But I think IN:X is very different from everything else, its unique, and in my mind not really a sphere replica. Its taken the best of sphere, and moved it to RunUO 2.0, then added in an insane amount of customization and content in every area. That isnt to say though that there shouldn't be a theme to the shard. It definitely has a theme and everything added should be looked at in how it fits together with how the shard looks, feels, and plays. But like sam I dont think the argument that "its not sphere" really holds much weight, its a kind of vague proxy-reason.

Anyways we have lost much of the sphere replica. Now many menus pop up when clicking, we have the RunUO crafting menu and much others. I prefer RunUO over sphere in all aspects.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Which menus pop up when clicking?
I only know about the pickaxe and I want to fix that.

Also the quests.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.