Imagine Nation Forums
Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. (/showthread.php?tid=5736)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Amorite - 05-13-2012

Not only that but it also bypasses the UO step lag system, making anyone who uses injection able to catch and kill someone before they can even know whats going on. Injection should be banned for several reasons, but first and foremost is that it gives players using it a HUGE in game advantage, which has been said before that anything of this nature should be prohibited. Second, it requires no actual PVP skill to kill someone using Injection, removing the element of actually having to know what you are doing to survive and win in pvp combat. Third, as i said about the no pvp skill required, injection is rewarding players for their ability to script and not their ability to fight pvp. It gives it's users too many advantages that are unfair, and should be illegal. You all may have noticed that there is a steady decline in players, this is because nobody even wants to play anymore due to their hard work and efforts, just going down the drain when someone with injection comes along and scripts them to death before they can even run, and even if they tried to run, it wouldn't help because with the bypass of the run lag, they are always going to catch you. If you moderators really feel that you are here to make this an enjoyable and pleasant place for us to game, and that nobody should just get unfair advantages, then the injection needs to go. If you can go afk and still kill someone due to a running script, that's basically cheating. Everyone who doesn't think so is probably using injection...Please respond with how you feel about this.

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Loki - 05-13-2012

I wouldn't call it cheating, but I am not a fan of the potential automation one can have with Injection. But my personal feelings are irrelevant, it is a very popular tool and banning it may blow up what is left of the playerbase. If you wish to do a poll, or campaign like a crazy lobbyist to try to persuade people/demonstrate otherwise I'd be perfectly happy to see that happen. Personally I think having a tool that allows so much automation takes a lot out of the game, both PvP and other aspects, but to be clear currently Injection is legal and I don't think anyone using it is doing anything wrong.

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - BenSa - 05-13-2012

Amorite Wrote:Not only that but it also bypasses the UO step lag system, making anyone who uses injection able to catch and kill someone before they can even know whats going on. Injection should be banned for several reasons, but first and foremost is that it gives players using it a HUGE in game advantage, which has been said before that anything of this nature should be prohibited. Second, it requires no actual PVP skill to kill someone using Injection, removing the element of actually having to know what you are doing to survive and win in pvp combat. Third, as i said about the no pvp skill required, injection is rewarding players for their ability to script and not their ability to fight pvp. It gives it's users too many advantages that are unfair, and should be illegal. You all may have noticed that there is a steady decline in players, this is because nobody even wants to play anymore due to their hard work and efforts, just going down the drain when someone with injection comes along and scripts them to death before they can even run, and even if they tried to run, it wouldn't help because with the bypass of the run lag, they are always going to catch you. If you moderators really feel that you are here to make this an enjoyable and pleasant place for us to game, and that nobody should just get unfair advantages, then the injection needs to go. If you can go afk and still kill someone due to a running script, that's basically cheating. Everyone who doesn't think so is probably using injection...Please respond with how you feel about this.

i love to share my file xD if u want it

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Raziel_ - 05-13-2012

Amorite Wrote:Not only that but it also bypasses the UO step lag system, making anyone who uses injection able to catch and kill someone before they can even know whats going on. Injection should be banned for several reasons, but first and foremost is that it gives players using it a HUGE in game advantage, which has been said before that anything of this nature should be prohibited. Second, it requires no actual PVP skill to kill someone using Injection, removing the element of actually having to know what you are doing to survive and win in pvp combat. Third, as i said about the no pvp skill required, injection is rewarding players for their ability to script and not their ability to fight pvp. It gives it's users too many advantages that are unfair, and should be illegal. You all may have noticed that there is a steady decline in players, this is because nobody even wants to play anymore due to their hard work and efforts, just going down the drain when someone with injection comes along and scripts them to death before they can even run, and even if they tried to run, it wouldn't help because with the bypass of the run lag, they are always going to catch you. If you moderators really feel that you are here to make this an enjoyable and pleasant place for us to game, and that nobody should just get unfair advantages, then the injection needs to go. If you can go afk and still kill someone due to a running script, that's basically cheating. Everyone who doesn't think so is probably using injection...Please respond with how you feel about this.

LOL i stoped reading after the title xD

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Anhelios - 05-13-2012

I'm rather new here so I'm not sure what injection is, nor what it does, but I must say. Anything that automates a game is considered a bot in every sense of the word. Botting is illegal in all professional games you ever come across. I understand this is a private server and what they wish to do is their call and I respect that. If they choose to keep it, us who enjoy the game for what it is, will just have to get used to it and adapt.

So honestly in my opinion if you wish to keep a profession shard, get rid of anything for automation.

Thanks for reading! Smile

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Gang - 05-13-2012

I use injection. I was blamed in using complicated scripts more than anyone, even though I do not do that.

Most complicated script that I use in 1v1 (not counting script to poison weapon) looks like that:

Code:
sub bless_scroll_book()
UO.FindType('0x1F3D','-1','my')
if UO.FindCount() then
uo.waittargetself()
uo.usetype('0x1F3D')
else
UO.Exec("cast 'Bless' self")
endif
end sub

So , all it does is searching for the bless scroll availability, and if I happen to have it , the script will cast bless scroll me , otherwise it will use regular spell. It all is possible in razor as well. Like I said already - a programm(or bot) which takes decisions instead of you will be handicapped in most of cases, because it's close to impossible to think of every issue that takes a place in a duel. Computer might be fast and not make mistakes, but it has zero adaptability, and it's much more important in most of cases. You'd have to be very good programmer to script a bot, more than that - the bot most likely would have to be on EUO rather than Injection, because injection is much less advanced. Anyone who has a bot and doesn't agree - well, I'll gladly duel you guys using razor myself.

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - BenSa - 05-13-2012

Anhelios Wrote:I'm rather new here so I'm not sure what injection is, nor what it does, but I must say. Anything that automates a game is considered a bot in every sense of the word. Botting is illegal in all professional games you ever come across. I understand this is a private server and what they wish to do is their call and I respect that. If they choose to keep it, us who enjoy the game for what it is, will just have to get used to it and adapt.

So honestly in my opinion if you wish to keep a profession shard, get rid of anything for automation.

Thanks for reading! Smile

who use a bot? need names xD

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - DCollisionD - 05-14-2012

injection for teh win

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Mito - 05-14-2012

I've a macro that search in Server Status where's everyone then search them in-game, after killing anyone it will bank all his items and then if noone's active it goes hunt. It's fun.

Hey wtf Amorite you use Razor :S. http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8971-problem-with-razor-HELP-) Thats awsome, a guy that complains about automated stuff asking for help to make automated things at Razor. Thats ironic.

PD: I hate Razor/Injection/EUO /UO(options macros) users, I do all manually.

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Anhelios - 05-14-2012

BenSa Wrote:who use a bot? need names xD

"A bot (short for "robot") is a program that operates as an agent for a user or another program or simulates a human activity."

Basically anyone using injection to do things for them is technically a bot.

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - Nasir - 05-14-2012

I didn't read all of this because it was way too long, but I can say for 100% certainty that injection does not make anyone run faster. At all. Ever.

Injection is reading less from the client at (usually) a slower interval than Razor. This lets the client perform as smooth as a naked client with no 3rd party utilities.

Run speed is monitored by the server. If you go faster than the server wants you to, your movement will be throttled. There is no getting around that unless you have a higher access level. Period.

Injection needs to go. It's not pvp, it's who can make the better script. - sm0ke - 05-14-2012

Nasir Wrote:I didn't read all of this because it was way too long, but I can say for 100% certainty that injection does not make anyone run faster. At all. Ever.

Injection is reading less from the client at (usually) a slower interval than Razor. This lets the client perform as smooth as a naked client with no 3rd party utilities.

Run speed is monitored by the server. If you go faster than the server wants you to, your movement will be throttled. There is no getting around that unless you have a higher access level. Period.

You are actually 100% completely wrong. You think people would play on injection if it wasn't less laggy or more smooth than razor? Razor is a baby tool that anyone can use and make any type of macro with it. Maka him self has stated in the past that injection runs smoother and it's also 1.5 seconds faster response time than razor. UOassist is just as fast as injection but takes less scripting. Ask anyone whose made the switch from razor to injection they'll completely agree that it's faster and smoother than razor. Don't know where you pulled those facts from but it sounds like your speaking from your ass when really you don't know what your talking about.

He didn't mention anywhere or anything about connection he said injection gives certain advantages over others with scripts which he is completely correct about 100% and gang that isn't your most complex script you use for PvP but nice try lol.. That poison one alone took way more scripting and effort alone and I'm sure there's others your refusing to share with others but anyways I don't care diablo comes out tomorrow at midnight.