Imagine Nation Forums
Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Voting Booth (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? (/showthread.php?tid=5728)

Pages: 1 2

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - BenSa - 05-11-2012

Right now we cant use our mount to attack players on the server.
I know we can own 5 mounts per account that stand active, but if we change this to 2 per char?
Why not make it allowed to attack players in game with your mount,

ex: If you die, and your mount countine to fight for u while u are dead.
ex: Mounts can attack monsters , but why not players?

i hope you guys understand what i mean about this.

cheers BenSa

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Hiraku - 05-12-2012

i voted yes because, i think if pet will be able to attack players,
nothing would change in the pvp anyway, better:
we almost won't use them with the purpose of attack someone, because we all know that with this pvp system where if you have the bad luck to be overnumbered you're a dead man (mare or not) or you must escape.. then ppl to avoid losing their rare and expensive nightmare probably won't use in pvp anyway

also, this way one guy pvming with his (still rare and expensive) mare would have the chance to defend better vs a pk attack, and this has sense to me since he has a nightmare with him

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Felonious - 05-12-2012

I'm curious as to why people are voting no. Not to flame, just want to know what reason they have.

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Ayleth Payne - 05-12-2012

I'm yet to vote, but are there actually any good pets to fight with anyway (PvM)?

I mean aren't mounts (besides nightmare) rather weak and get killed off rather quickly?

I don't know much about pets besides what I heard (dunno how much is right or not), so before I vote, just trying to clarify a few things..

Basically if what I asked above is correct, I don't see how it'd have any real effect at all, either way... People kill your mounts once they kill you anyway (mostly) and if there isn't any pets that are really tough; then it's not going to do much good having pets in a PvP fight.

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - BenSa - 05-12-2012

Ayleth Payne Wrote:I'm yet to vote, but are there actually any good pets to fight with anyway (PvM)?

I mean aren't mounts (besides nightmare) rather weak and get killed off rather quickly?

I don't know much about pets besides what I heard (dunno how much is right or not), so before I vote, just trying to clarify a few things..

Basically if what I asked above is correct, I don't see how it'd have any real effect at all, either way... People kill your mounts once they kill you anyway (mostly) and if there isn't any pets that are really tough; then it's not going to do much good having pets in a PvP fight.

Ofc cos they need to make rare rides more stronger if this is gonna to work. Nightmare is pretty strong but should be stronger.

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Loki - 05-12-2012

Sorry but I really doubt this idea is workable. Either the mounts would be pointlessly weak or they would cause problems in PvP, sorry, without a class system or skill cap tamer PvP is not viable...

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - BenSa - 05-13-2012

Loki Wrote:Sorry but I really doubt this idea is workable. Either the mounts would be pointlessly weak or they would cause problems in PvP, sorry, without a class system or skill cap tamer PvP is not viable...

why should it cause problem in pvp ? cos a player get pwn by a strong animal ?

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Loki - 05-13-2012

I'm sorry but the reason tamer PvP works in AoS is that a tamer has only 7 skills, in order to be a tamer you need Animal Lore and Animal Taming (and perhaps also Veterinary/Anatomy) so you end up sacrificing a lot out of your template of only 700 skill points, especially if you go with power scrolls for any of those skills. However, here with no skill cap you could "all kill" and also still be attacking with weapons/casting spells/FS scrolling etc.

It's too powerful. It would only work if the animals were extremely weak, but then what is the point? I'm sorry but if you can't see the problem then I suspect you're not looking past your own personal desires.

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Ajacied1987 - 05-13-2012

I remember the awesome times of buyin like 30 polar bears, summon them all to britain and lock someone in to: all kill them after xD

had sooooo much fun!

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Lamby - 05-13-2012

Loki Wrote:I'm sorry but the reason tamer PvP works in AoS is that a tamer has only 7 skills, in order to be a tamer you need Animal Lore and Animal Taming (and perhaps also Veterinary/Anatomy) so you end up sacrificing a lot out of your template of only 700 skill points, especially if you go with power scrolls for any of those skills. However, here with no skill cap you could "all kill" and also still be attacking with weapons/casting spells/FS scrolling etc.

It's too powerful. It would only work if the animals were extremely weak, but then what is the point? I'm sorry but if you can't see the problem then I suspect you're not looking past your own personal desires.

Come on Loki, think outside the box bro! :dance:

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - BenSa - 05-13-2012

Lamby Wrote:Come on Loki, think outside the box bro! :dance:

Right word!!

Do you want your pet to attack players in game if u write all kill and target them? - Be|gar - 05-13-2012

yeah i say allow it and just leave pets as is. it would be fun and not mess with pvp or pvm