Imagine Nation Forums
Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Voting Booth (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Would you like to see some more Moderating? (/showthread.php?tid=5625)

Pages: 1 2 3

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Ayleth Payne - 04-27-2012

Look I know staff are busy with real life stuff and the various projects they are working on for the shard but it really would be nice to see some more moderating going on on the forums and world chat. If all staff had some form of access to do this (or in the case of forums, they don't even need to be staff, just a trusted member) then it wouldn't be too hard to cover all times slots without creating serious amounts of work for one (or a small few) person.

There seems to be way to much arguing, negativity, raging etc.. going on and nothing gets done even though there are rules in place. It can't be good for attracting new people seeing such things.

to put it simply..

In the forums and word chat there is far too much..

- Flame wars
- Abusing people who disagree with you
- Arguing
- Too many threads on the same negative topic (these could be merged and/or deleted)
- General negativity
- Non-English world chat

and it's not just limited to those things, there are probably other things too. I don't know much on how the world chat works but in another thread there was talk about maybe adding in a squelch to it, but if that does happen is it actually going to be used or just go ignored like it is now. It would just be nice if these negative stuff where stopped before they reach the scale that they do and the rules where actually enforced because right now it seems they are just shrugged off and not worried about.

Why do we have rules if they are not enforced... Some simple things like locking or deleting posts on the forums could stop a lot of it, nothing wrong with a little healthy debating but the flat out arguing and flame wars is crazy. Not sure what can be done about chat, unless a squelch feature is in place or can be added (though would require more mods in the IN channel to to stop them just logging in there and continuing).

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - allsuperior - 04-27-2012

+1

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - por corp wis - 04-27-2012

flamewars are fun!

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Kander - 04-27-2012

allsuperior Wrote:+1

+2

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Raziel_ - 04-27-2012

Kander Wrote:+2

+3

por corp wis Wrote:flamewars are fun!

I agree! flamewars are good to create tensions between players and it would be applied to the game!! but sometimes it goes off limits! So a light moderation there would be nice ;D

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Brandon - 04-27-2012

"No!, this b**ch be crazy! Leave it as it is." +1

I likes me some confrontation.

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Ayleth Payne - 04-28-2012

Raziel_ Wrote:I agree! flamewars are good to create tensions between players and it would be applied to the game!! but sometimes it goes off limits! So a light moderation there would be nice ;D

They often get right out of hand, personally a little flaming I have no issue with. A little drama and tension is good for rivalry and can be entertaining but recently they turn into full blown arguments and flat out abuse, that's where I see a problem. I don't think things should be stopped the moment there is some tension or drama, only when it starts to get out of control, then someone needs to step in and tell them to chill out.

If it's an ingame argument, you could always pull them into a out of way place and let then have it out face to face and away from world chat *shrugs*

In regards to forums, tell them to chill out and if they don't just lock the thread.

Not looking for people to be "punished" or anything, just be nice to see some control of these things.

So 2 staff members have voted against moderating forums and chat. Is it possible you could elaborate your reasoning behind that?

Like is it you just don't want to have to deal with it or just that you don't care about it? and is this the general consensus of staff?

Seems kind of pointless having rules in place when staff seem to pick and chose what ones they wish to enforce, depending on the people and/or situation...

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Taran - 04-28-2012

Flamewars are ok but it can definitely spin out of control sometimes and I do agree we can moderate it better. But I want to keep the locking/deleting posts to a minimum. It's better to edit out the posts in that case before it does spin out of control.

Taran Wrote:Flamewars are ok but it can definitely spin out of control sometimes and I do agree we can moderate it better. But I want to keep the locking/deleting posts to a minimum. It's better to edit out the posts in that case before it does spin out of control.

Yeah that makes sense, I can understand keeping locking/deleting to a minimum.

thanks for the comment Taran Smile

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Eru - 05-01-2012

You asked for it, you got it! I'm going to start being Edward Scissorhands with threads. I will purge the taint of negativity, flaming, accusations and complaining for the sake of complaining from the forums.

[Image: jAk6o.jpg]

Would you like to see some more Moderating? - Felonious - 05-01-2012

Why did you have to start with me?

*A tear slowly rolls down Felonious's cheek*

Naw who am I kidding, I probably deserve it.