Imagine Nation Forums
Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Time to show that the server is alive?!?! (/showthread.php?tid=5553)

Pages: 1 2

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - BenSa - 04-19-2012

I want to se more updates on the main page of Imagine Nation,
So people that visit the site realy se the shard is alive,

i dont know who to blame for this, but it is not OK to do like it is now.
feels like that someone dont want more people to come.

I want to se a change on that. More active updates on the main page.

Not so hard? Update with events, ect ect

// BenSa

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Darken Rahl - 04-19-2012

BenSa Wrote:I want to se more updates on the main page of Imagine Nation,
So people that visit the site realy se the shard is alive,

i dont know who to blame for this, but it is not OK to do like it is now.
feels like that someone dont want more people to come.

I want to se a change on that. More active updates on the main page.

Not so hard? Update with events, ect ect

// BenSa

Yeah, its kind of like everything stopped because of the large number of players that IN HAD...
but just because there were 140-180-200 clients on doesn't change the fact people want new new new.
And this includes updates.

It's almost like someone is thinking,
"ah well, we don't need to do anything now that we have a huge player base, time to go on vacation for good"!
There is some definite lacking in multiple areas going on, and we the players are the ones to notice the repercussions.

This is what you've all been working for as staff, and IN has come a long way yet again. Where is the pride in that?

Also...
With hopes of the RPA, perhaps the player run cities can be exposed on the main page in the future as well.

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Kander - 04-19-2012

Every one agrees that we all like to see change but also you have to remember that the staff and owners have lives to. They spend what little free time they have to help run and manage this server. Making scripts for this game doesnt happen over night. And it doesnt help when players every week making post on the forums saying staff needs to do this and that and more updates CHANG CHANGE CHANGE. This server is like a fine wine, it will get better and better with age. If you really want to see more growth just stop raging and fliping out on each other in world chat. Im sure when a new player starts and sees every one talking shit and raging doesnt help one bit.

/rant

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Darken Rahl - 04-19-2012

Kander Wrote:Every one agrees that we all like to see change but also you have to remember that the staff and owners have lives to. They spend what little free time they have to help run and manage this server. Making scripts for this game doesnt happen over night. And it doesnt help when players every week making post on the forums saying staff needs to do this and that and more updates CHANG CHANGE CHANGE. This server is like a fine wine, it will get better and better with age. If you really want to see more growth just stop raging and fliping out on each other in world chat. Im sure when a new player starts and sees every one talking shit and raging doesnt help one bit.

/rant

Yeah there is a HUGE issue with the public chat system that needs addressed..
I'm almost positive that has a lot to do with new people not staying.
All I ever see is profanity and everyone talking mad shit to each other,
It really is so annoying. (**** you ARE th3 wuuurst pveeper ever, I ****ed your mom!!.. etc..)

There is a way to disable it, but is that known to everyone?
Of course not, yet another something that should be explained.

And please don't give me the forum none sense...
I'm speaking on the behalf of new players and we all know a majority don't refer to the forums.

Well hate to break it to you Kander but the players are the most important part of this game.
We all have lives too and yes scripting doesn't happen over night (in most cases) but there are very small, subtle ways to give the population a slow grow.

You make it seem like a new post on the main page would take HOURS of time and pre meditation.
It really isn't that time consuming compared to most work in the game.
As I understand staff are doing other things as well, but you cant tell me since february no one has had the time to update the main page.

It seems more like more of a, 'I don't feel like it'.

Regards.

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - tranith - 04-19-2012

I think Maybe the staff perhaps need some help.
not talking about replacement or anything, so don't take it the wrong way.

But maybe its hard finding someone you can trust.
But when it comes Updating the main page, with a nice Date Sequence.. , maybe a small pic, and a little brief sentence or two for each update.. then click that, and it goes to a Forum post perhaps, rather then making a whole new page, which ever works, but yea, that update ideas is pretty damn solid idea.
Every shard site i see, has a few updates here and there. but If we can have more updates, and proove to players that we all care, and we can show whats going on, would definitely help attract new players or old players.

How to disable the .c Broadcast chat?... sounds like a Use full, Tip window suggestion to me.

I think it would be kewl, if there was atleast, an UPDATE on main page for every staff hosted event Smile
Maybe take a screen shot or two of the action in progress, then take a screen shot of all the winning players,
have a Date, small sentence or two...
Click link or pic, and it directs you to a forum post..

That in my mind isn't much work at all, and yes people have lives. i work 12 hours a day but i still find time to devote my pathetic life to UO. Smile
lol
Maybe find more web masters?

Or maybe some side help, a small crew to take screen shots, organize players for screen shots here n there, write up some sentences or two.. maybe have the players make the Forum post and post all info..

then leave it up to the webmaster host or whatever to just edit and update a little blurb on the mainpage..

Makes it easy for the web master who has a busy life.

Takes two to tango Smile

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - BenSa - 04-19-2012

Kander Wrote:Every one agrees that we all like to see change but also you have to remember that the staff and owners have lives to. They spend what little free time they have to help run and manage this server. Making scripts for this game doesnt happen over night. And it doesnt help when players every week making post on the forums saying staff needs to do this and that and more updates CHANG CHANGE CHANGE. This server is like a fine wine, it will get better and better with age. If you really want to see more growth just stop raging and fliping out on each other in world chat. Im sure when a new player starts and sees every one talking shit and raging doesnt help one bit.

/rant

it is not hard to do a wink on the main page hey we are still here. If u want high player base then u need to work kinda active XD it is not hard

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - sm0ke - 04-19-2012

I'm sure the staff are working on something guys, the main page has been for pictures of the player base increasing and I mean well since we haven't been gaining any players lately theirs not much staff can do but be their for the shard and players, there was talk about another skill gain week the other day though to gain players in another thread that I read so that's a plus.

There are change logs that are still posted regularly in the town crier section of the forums.

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Mael - 04-19-2012

well like with the fashion show that discord is putting on why not have that on the main page????...its stuff like that gets people to be like oh hey they actually do do events and stuff..right now just seems like we havnt been doing anything as a shard for several months now

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Echo - 04-19-2012

Good idea. We could definitely be more active in the news section. If anyone wants to help out and put a post together we can make sure it gets added.

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Felonious - 04-19-2012

You could donate a lot of money and maybe they could focus more on UO instead of their real life jobs.

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Kander - 04-19-2012

Felonious Wrote:You could donate a lot of money and maybe they could focus more on UO instead of their real life jobs.

o.0 that would be alot of money to do all that.

Time to show that the server is alive?!?! - Fulmanar - 04-20-2012

Echo Wrote:Good idea. We could definitely be more active in the news section. If anyone wants to help out and put a post together we can make sure it gets added.

I'd be interested in it, i'd need a source of news though