Imagine Nation Forums
Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Voting Booth (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? (/showthread.php?tid=5529)

Pages: 1 2 3

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - Darken Rahl - 04-17-2012

I am tired of seeing no activity on recent topics in the RP section of the forum,
as well as no supervision of supposed Role Players in game.

It is giving IN a bad name in regards to RP,
and it is not being taken seriously.

Perhaps this will get the attention RP needs.

Edit: I DO NOT MEAN RP SHOULD BE FORCED ON EVERYONE ON IN. JUST THE RULES FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO RP, BUT FAIL TO COMPLY.

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - Ayleth Payne - 04-17-2012

Firstly, I don't think RP should be enforced, it should be the choice of the player whether they wish to RP or not. Enforcing RP will lose a lot more players than it will gain.

However, I do wish the RP rules where a bit more enforced, I see people who get RP rewards and not staying in character when in public or other who break peoples RP and it's a shame to see.

And last, I am offended by your poll, I am voting no because I do not agree totally and although I like to RP according to your poll "I'm one of the idiots"...

Ayleth Payne Wrote:Firstly, I don't think RP should be enforced, it should be the choice of the player whether they wish to RP or not. Enforcing RP will lose a lot more players than it will gain.

However, I do wish the RP rules where a bit more enforced, I see people who get RP rewards and not staying in character when in public or other who break peoples RP and it's a shame to see.

And last, I am offended by your poll, I am voting no because I do not agree totally and although I like to RP according to your poll "I'm one of the idiots"...

I never said RP should be enforced on EVERY player in the game, just enforcement on those who do choose to RP for rewards.....come on now. And second, I don't really care if your offended because it is not directed to any one person in particular, just my way of allowing the ignorant to stay ignorant, (I'm sure they will appreciate it).

Edit: ...you really should've read the post more carefully before voting. No where does it say everyone should be forced into RP.
as for the title, what I mean is the rules of RP/in-game.. not on every person.

Darken Rahl Wrote:I never said RP should be enforced on EVERY player in the game, just enforcement on those who do choose to RP for rewards.....come on now. And second, I don't really care if your offended because it is not directed to any one person in particular, just my way of allowing the ignorant to stay ignorant, (I'm sure they will appreciate it).

Edit: ...you really should've read the post more carefully before voting. No where does it say everyone should be forced into RP.
as for the title, what I mean is the rules of RP/in-game.. not on every person.

Title of thread is as follows "Who wants to see RP and the rules of RP enforced?"

Maybe you should read what you write more carefully?

Ayleth Payne Wrote:Title of thread is as follows "Who wants to see RP and the rules of RP enforced?"

Maybe you should read what you write more carefully?

The Role Play that is supposedly happening is not watched well enough or 'enforced'... how is that wrong?
The rules of RP are not being enforced...

You are missing the point I am trying to make.

It clearly says.. "New RP Coordinator/Attentive RP Action?"
Right next to your 'A' and 'B' choices.
Is it really that hard to understand?

Now lets try to keep this on topic.

Darken Rahl Wrote:The Role Play that is supposedly happening is not watched well enough or 'enforced'... how is that wrong?
The rules of RP are not being enforced...

If you read what I wrote in my original post, my middle point says that I agree with the RP rules not being enforced. No where did I say that was wrong.. now who is the one not reading carefully?, quick to accuse me of such things, yet you are doing just that.. Kind of hypocritical...

Darken Rahl Wrote:You are missing the point I am trying to make.

It clearly says.. "New RP Coordinator/Attentive RP Action?"
Right next to your 'A' and 'B' choices.
Is it really that hard to understand?

Yes I missed the point you where trying to make because it was not clearly stated before all of your edits, I voted and commented as per my thoughts on what was originally written before all of the edits.

My vote and comments, where due to what was originally written in title and your first post before the edits.

Darken Rahl Wrote:Now lets try to keep this on topic.

This is on topic, if I had not said anything to your original post it would have remained worded incorrectly. Everything I have written has been on this exact topic, I have not derailed onto any other topic, it is all related to RP and the RP rules of your original post (before the edits). Only other thing I have mention is not reading carefully and you where the one to first cast such accusations, I only replied in turn.

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - Loki - 04-17-2012

Well arguing aside, I think the position of the staff is already that people with RP items must RP, if they are not the items will be taken. You may wonder why this has not happened and it's simply because right now there is a lot going on and the staff is really busy, it's tough for us to watch for people breaking RP all the time.

As for general RP enforcement (which I know isn't what you are saying but since it's a related point...) I think that would be a bad idea. I know some players would love it, but it would be a game killer for a lot of others and we cannot afford that I fear.

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - Discord - 04-17-2012

I am doing what I can to give attention to the RP forums. I will also watch people with RP items and make sure they are earning them still. But yes, RP is a choice.

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - sm0ke - 04-17-2012

I don't even RP and I have to agree it's REALLY easy right now to get RP items and not even have to RP.. I've seen a few already do it

Loki Wrote:Well arguing aside, I think the position of the staff is already that people with RP items must RP, if they are not the items will be taken. You may wonder why this has not happened and it's simply because right now there is a lot going on and the staff is really busy, it's tough for us to watch for people breaking RP all the time.

As for general RP enforcement (which I know isn't what you are saying but since it's a related point...) I think that would be a bad idea. I know some players would love it, but it would be a game killer for a lot of others and we cannot afford that I fear.

Right. I do understand that the view and position of staff is to enforce the RP rules and to remove items from players etc... you say there is a lot going on which is fine, I can understand that.. trust me. But regardless.. If there are items being handed out, there should be several staff members assigned to watching RP and ensuring actual RP is going on. There really is no way around it, and if staff have the time to hand out items, they should have the time to watch what the hell is going on.

I'm not pointing my fingers at staff alone by any means, so please don't take it this way... but there is more that we can do to restore RP to what it was meant to be. I mean, even in the RP forums there is this new proposal for the RPA and I have yet to see ONE staff member say anything about it. It's like RP is on the back burner as far as expanding or really watching it... and sorry but a huge attraction to IN is the Role Playing you are able to perform and right now its just looked upon as a big joke.

Discord Wrote:I am doing what I can to give attention to the RP forums. I will also watch people with RP items and make sure they are earning them still. But yes, RP is a choice.

Yes, I understand RP is a choice, again, this is not what I meant in regards to the title......
The final question that was asked was right next to your answer choices.

I would like to see more activity for those in hopes of developing the RPA. Yet still, there is nothing going on.

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - Loki - 04-18-2012

Well you have to understand we just lost both our RP coordinators, and not every staff member understands RP or has taken part in it in the past. I am the first to admit that I know very little about RP, I respect its place on IN and when I see it I think it adds to the environment, but it's never been my strong point. Once we have a full time RP coordinator in place then perhaps things will improve, but for the time being we have to ask for your patience.

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced? - Darken Rahl - 04-18-2012

Loki Wrote:Well you have to understand we just lost both our RP coordinators, and not every staff member understands RP or has taken part in it in the past. I am the first to admit that I know very little about RP, I respect its place on IN and when I see it I think it adds to the environment, but it's never been my strong point. Once we have a full time RP coordinator in place then perhaps things will improve, but for the time being we have to ask for your patience.

Sorry, but If a GM knows nothing of RP, they shouldn't be handing out items.

"Role Playing", is the act of setting an imagined/created role or personality for your character, and staying in it at all times.
How is that not understandable?

I think it should be every staff members duty to at least keep a seldom eye on the supposed RP'ers AT ALL TIMES,
even with an RP Coordinator on board.

It is not one persons job to maintain the RULES of IN in aspects of RP.
Every staff member should be responsible for helping maintain the RULES.

Bottom line.

Edit: Sorry for my frustration, but things are really getting out of hand.
Just because of the sudden growth in player base doesn't at all mean it will continue,
especially when people don't follow the rules and theres no one enforcing them.

Regards.