Imagine Nation Forums
Gating with boxes.. - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions and Answers (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Gating with boxes.. (/showthread.php?tid=5527)

Pages: 1 2

Gating with boxes.. - sm0ke - 04-17-2012

Well this should 100% be illegal, but i decided to post it how it turned out because i personally found it was hilarious..

So mystic fire and Atlas are always being scared at the britan bridge what else is new, so they run into a house with a gate where me and infamous both enter willingly since it's red colored. When we entered there was 10x boxes stacked in 3 locations with 2-3 imps attacking us fsing us once we entered. I have no idea what they were thinking in their brains but some how we managed to kill both of them in their own trap which i find HILARIOUS. we double fsed mystic and lighted him then cut him and took his regs before they killed us with imps helping them fs us. Then Atlas tried some tricky stuff and created a wall for some coverage while we were trapped, he then tried to explosion infamous while we were trapped to even the playing field which is understanable once we finished looting the 10x boxes we trapped him inbetween his own wall and killed him, then mystic fire looted his bag and ran to his NON guild house by then which scarecrow had arrived and mystic fire opened the door for him to house loot him LOL!

I have no idea how we survived i'm quite thankful because this should 100% be illegal, but look what ganking has come too at this point premade traps and gate travel pvp lol.. Oh man i'm sorry forgive me i'm still laughing at how terribly they failed i have no idea how they didn't kill us. They are probably the worst PvPers on the shard they had us all set up and killed and still failed miserably..

anyways enjoy the screenshot

[Image: 11smb2w.jpg]

red circle = where the gate was

green lines = where the boxes were placed LOL..

and well the dead imps as you can tell are dead imps and dead bodies :p

Gating with boxes.. - Elcid - 04-17-2012

Where is that place? I don't recognize the map...

Elcid Wrote:Where is that place? I don't recognize the map...

duno it's at cristina thorns house tho, i think it was created

edit: question is why is this not illegal Tongue?

Gating with boxes.. - BenSa - 04-17-2012

haha nice one depth!

why should it be illegal?

Gating with boxes.. - Mito - 04-17-2012

I've been said it's not illegal so its time we, the real lame guys exploit it ( the right way) Wink

Until it becomes illegal

Gating with boxes.. - Loki - 04-17-2012

Well this sort of thing is usually decided by Taran, but to me trapping gates isn't illegal, it's a pretty old tradition in UO and heading into a possible antagonist's gate can be dangerous. As the victim you are still able to fight back (as demonstrated) or you could lift the boxes to escape, or even could you double click the gate and go back to where you came from? I'm not sure if that is possible here, but it is on default runUO, never really tried.

Gating with boxes.. - Raziel_ - 04-17-2012

Owned! xD

Gating with boxes.. - Felonious - 04-17-2012

I don't see why it should be illegal. It's someone's choice to run into a stranger's gate, does it matter if there are box walls or 10 PK's? You can port out of combat anyway, so really anyone who wanders into that unprepared was going to be PK bridge fodder eventually anyway. Besides, they're taking the risk of bringing strangers into their own home, to me that seems way more risky than entering a strange gate.

I think your epeen stroking should be illegal though. You need to do that in the privacy of your own room.

P.S. use an axe next time

Gating with boxes.. - Habibi Jones - 04-17-2012

Felonious Wrote:I think your epeen stroking should be illegal though. You need to do that in the privacy of your own room.

:lol:

Gating with boxes.. - Kander - 04-17-2012

Gate traps have been in UO for ever. I remember back in 98 / 99 where you would run into a gate and have either dragons on the other side or silver serps or just 5 ppl sync mana dump on you. I also took part back then on gating ppl out to sea via casting gate then moving a ship a few tiles so they end up in the water.

Loki Wrote:Well this sort of thing is usually decided by Taran, but to me trapping gates isn't illegal, it's a pretty old tradition in UO and heading into a possible antagonist's gate can be dangerous. As the victim you are still able to fight back (as demonstrated) or you could lift the boxes to escape, or even could you double click the gate and go back to where you came from? I'm not sure if that is possible here, but it is on default runUO, never really tried.

there was 10 boxes on each tile of they blocked off, but it's np

Mito Wrote:I've been said it's not illegal so its time we, the real lame guys exploit it ( the right way) Wink

Until it becomes illegal

well said, well teach these choke artists how it's really done Smile

we also better not get punished because i clearly asked if this was legal or not.

Gating with boxes.. - bloodrock - 04-17-2012

Elcid Wrote:Where is that place? I don't recognize the map...

It's the little area north of minoc.