Imagine Nation Forums
Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Status Page(suggestion for removal) (/showthread.php?tid=5436)

Pages: 1 2 3

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Fulmanar - 04-07-2012

I'd like to bring into question the use of the status page at this point, there is very little if no use for it from a player perspective and it serves only to track players and the approximate locations it gives essentially an eye in the sky to everyone knowing where everyone is and is used for dubious purposes.

I propose to remove this page. If not the location variable so players are not aware of others movements in real time with no work.

If there is a purpose to this page other than what I have said i'd be interested in hearing it

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - sm0ke - 04-07-2012

it doesn't out anyone all it shows if someones in a "dungeon" or not, the rest it also shows towns but if your blue you have nothing to worry about..

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Fulmanar - 04-07-2012

sm0ke Wrote:it doesn't out anyone all it shows if someones in a "dungeon" or not, the rest it also shows towns but if your blue you have nothing to worry about..

I remember you stating there were only 5-7 places to check if I recall correctly, if it says "Dungeon" you have an approximate idea where someone is and can actively look for someone, Icebluedel is one of these places as well, it can be safely assumed that knowing someone is at icebluedel it would be relatively easy to recall and wait for them to leave the guarded mine.

This is knowledge that is gained outside of the game which cannot be countered or chosen not to be a part of it shouldn't be used in any capacity.

If you state that people would check eitherway, this is true but it still does not explain the necessity of the page, why have it at all then?

And what if you're red? i'll even argue it from the red point of view, if I for some reason decide to go to I dunno Occlo for instance, you now know instantly where I am in real time and can track me with relative ease, I can't counter this at all and I will have a death squad going straight for me

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Be|gar - 04-07-2012

just remove locations. seems silly to have that on there at all

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Ayleth Payne - 04-08-2012

I heard from Echo that the locations where being removed at next restart.

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Nasir - 04-08-2012

Yea, next restart will = only guarded cities I believe. Won't say if you're in a dungeon or not.

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - por corp wis - 04-08-2012

there is a 3-5 mins delay. And mark my words if they will remove "dungeon" from status there will be less action and without action server will die. All i see lately is that server is getting more and more carebearing and online is getting lower and lower. Staff is messing with fizzle area that is actually interesting for 2-5people? Nothing is done for real world PvP and i guess i will quit sooner than armor will be really useful.

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - sm0ke - 04-08-2012

por corp wis Wrote:there is a 3-5 mins delay. And mark my words if they will remove "dungeon" from status there will be less action and without action server will die. All i see lately is that server is getting more and more carebearing and online is getting lower and lower. Staff is messing with fizzle area that is actually interesting for 2-5people? Nothing is done for real world PvP and i guess i will quit sooner than armor will be really useful.

I have to agree with por corp wis even tho he uses the site to gank me there's not much more too add to what he said xd

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Fulmanar - 04-08-2012

por corp wis Wrote:there is a 3-5 mins delay. And mark my words if they will remove "dungeon" from status there will be less action and without action server will die. All i see lately is that server is getting more and more carebearing and online is getting lower and lower. Staff is messing with fizzle area that is actually interesting for 2-5people? Nothing is done for real world PvP and i guess i will quit sooner than armor will be really useful.

But this is the exact opposite of carebear right now you're literally given the approximate locations of people in the world, that's pretty damn carebear. Isn't your RP to defend destard anyway? why are you leaving if that's such a problem?

Fulmanar Wrote:But this is the exact opposite of carebear right now you're literally given the approximate locations of people in the world, that's pretty damn carebear. Isn't your RP to defend destard anyway? why are you leaving if that's such a problem?

Not really it's more challenging knowing where people are it's hard enough to kill people who use invis pots as it is or people who refuse to fight

Status Page(suggestion for removal) - Fulmanar - 04-08-2012

sm0ke Wrote:Not really it's more challenging knowing where people are it's hard enough to kill people who use invis pots as it is or people who refuse to fight

That's my point though, it's harder, you're complaining of carebear when i'm suggesting to make things more difficult. In this case it's just carebearing towards you and the people who use the status page to gank.

Fulmanar Wrote:That's my point though, it's harder, you're complaining of carebear when i'm suggesting to make things more difficult. In this case it's just carebearing towards you and the people who use the status page to gank.

I don't see what your pointing out? hes making the arguement that it's already tough enough to try and kill people removing this will make it even more difficult to kill people making it easier to escape people which is what he meant by it being carebare not that it's easy to find people