Imagine Nation Forums
*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: *DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! (/showthread.php?tid=5404)

Pages: 1 2

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Xyn - 04-05-2012

I found out about a month ago about the anti-autocut script when I successfully made one in injection. I realized even using the portion of the script to target nearby corpses at the click of a button would trigger the anti-autocut script and trigger .kill on the character using it.

So here is the issue I ran into earlier today at minoc. I was doing what I do everyday, giving miners and hunters a bit of adversity to overcome.
While at Minoc, I trapped one person between two stone walls. Nothing fancy, just the normal cross pattern with the person in the middle. After killing him I used my useobject weapon in injection for a cursor. Used the cursor to select the body but I could not apparently find the damn thing to target it.

So, I used SHIFT-CTRL to bring up context menus. Then using my weapon for a target, I clicked the CORPSE that showed up with context menu. THIS action triggered "Autocut detected!" anti-script and .killed me. I reported this issue to I believe Talos, who imediately responded (Thank you Talos) and ressurected me on the spot after explaining what happened.

Now, how did this happen when I did not use any form of a script to target the corpse. Even further, this could present a huge glitch, albeit rare to occur, when people are ganking and someone is .killed by script for autocutting when they are not.

Any ideas?

Now, I did some reading on anti-autocut scripts that have become common among most servers for many years now.

As far as I know in RUNUO, when a player dies there are "invisible" corpses that spawn around that corpse. One's which we can not see, target by hand or even see/target with context menus. So these would essentially spawn let's say.. 8 invisible corpses around or on top of that one visible player corpse. When using a script to target a corpse, you'd have a 8/9 chance of hitting an invisible corpse and instantly dying by triggered script.

If that is the same method that is used on this server to prevent auto-cutting, how did I manage to trigger it by hand with context menu?

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - sm0ke - 04-05-2012

it's pretty known to some people who played xuo and inx but it's to prevent other types of autocutting im pretty sure, either that or it's just bug that's quite unfixable without enabling macros to autocut again

just don't cut with ctrl shift Big Grin

make a ,resend or ,resync macro in uo to fix the body thing though

Talos asked me to try cutting the corpse again the same way I did that triggered the anti-script. I cut it using the context menu, but that time nothing happened.

My question is, how do we know it's from using context menu's? What if you are simply rolling the dice everytime you cut a corpse in general? How will you react if that's the case and the one time you trigger the anti-autocut script you're in the middle in a huge fight?

EDIT - That's where I am going with this. I think some testing might be required to confirm if the glitch happens when using specifically context menus, or if it's when cutting in general. If it's from context menus, then we can at least warn other players. If it's from cutting in general, then it might require a minor fix?

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Azzo - 04-05-2012

I think more thorough testing should be done before you worry about what to do if it happens in the middle of a big fight.

Do 100 cuts on a body targeting the body
Do 100 cuts on a body targeting via ctrl + shift

See what happens.

That's exactly what I was thinking Azzo.

The other thing would be to recreate the scenario that killed me. Do some testing with a player dying trapped between two centered walls. Then try cutting via ctrl+shift. See if that has anything to do with it somehow?

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Taran - 04-07-2012

I know exactly what's happening but for obvious reasons I'm not going to tell you exactly how it works. But the reason you died when using ctrl+shift the first time was because you cut it too fast that way. The anti-cut script is only in affect the first few seconds and after that you can cut the corpse however you want.

Just don't use ctrl+shift to cut for the first few seconds and you will be fine.

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Loki - 04-08-2012

You could add resend or allnames to your use dagger key, perhaps this would help you without needing to use ctrl shift?

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Atlas - 04-14-2012

Or just use razor and not have to worry about that either =p

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Xyn - 04-18-2012

you mean use razor to cut rather injection?

Could a razor macro be used to target by type (corpse) without worry of being .killed?

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Cana - 04-18-2012

No, you can't use target by type with any of the programs or you'll most likely get killed.

*DISMISSED* Anti-Autocut script error?! - Elia - 04-18-2012

I use auto-cut in Razor.

HotKey is Ctrl+Alt+C

dbl-click dagger-type
wait for target
target corpse-type
wait 0.7 sec
loot meat, hides and robes (with Agent)

Never had any problems.