Imagine Nation Forums
PvM events - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: PvM events (/showthread.php?tid=5395)

Pages: 1 2 3

PvM events - Thenu - 04-04-2012

Yesterday I was in this PvM event in Wrong with my mate Benga, and noticed a few flaws in the system.

We did our part in wiping our the monsters in Wrong, but when the big boss was about to drop we got attacked by 5 - 7 prototypes and got walled out of the main room so that they would have the loot for themselves. The flaw I'm talking about here is that a PvM event should be the sole environment on a shard that allows blues/ reds/ newbs/ pros to hunt together and have a fair chance to gain some good loot (not mentioning the autoloot used on these events by some players).

If it is not a PvM then please do not give pplayers the impression it is so, name it a FFA with monsters or something. Right now you could compare this event with a 1v1 tourney where the top 8 get to fight in 1 arena for the top rank prizes (gank gank gank till only your guild is left and take all the prizes).

Just curious as to how other players think about this.

(Also: not being able to leave because the event gates are walled and a gank squad is waiting to take your loot is kind of annoying, since it is the only way out as you cannot recall inside. But ill leave that for a seperate thread)

PvM events - por corp wis - 04-04-2012

we've already discussed this. This PvM even is semi-pvp and people who aren't into pvp won't get anything out of it.

PvM events - HiiroDangan - 04-04-2012

por corp wis Wrote:we've already discussed this. This PvM even is semi-pvp and people who aren't into pvp won't get anything out of it.

But that's not a PvM event is it...

por corp wis Wrote:we've already discussed this. This PvM even is semi-pvp and people who aren't into pvp won't get anything out of it.

This is exactly my point. People who arent into PvP, or who are with lesser numbers will get nothing out of it, prize wise. If this is a non-debatable subject then could you guys please make PvM events? Because if this no subject for change there are non hosted on this server.

I found the thread you were talking about: http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8578-nickle-action

However no Gm response was given, I hope this thread will hopefully get GM to shine some light on the matter...

as Lamby says: it would be nice to allow players who dont pvp (or just suck at it) to be able to get some nickels, instead of just the 10 who keep terrorizing the PvM's.

PvM events - Aki Hiro - 04-04-2012

I support Thenu with his suggestion, you shouldn't be able to attack other players and you should be able to recall out from inside. I'm just thinking about the noobs that want to join the event and try to do their best to help and got killed while the boss is getting looted. Prototype aren't the problem there, they are just playing with the rules that have been set. The real problems are the settings of these events.

PvM events - Ayleth Payne - 04-04-2012

I agree too, I would love to get involved in these events it's just I know I'll probably get killed and miss out on the loot. Which isn't very fun, so I don't see a point as the idea of a game is to have fun. Plenty of ganking and PvP everywhere else, dunno why it's needed there as well.. So I just do other things instead that I DO find fun, but it would be nice to go to them...

PvM events - sm0ke - 04-04-2012

Just to clarify we were 3 prototypes and bensa as well killed you guys because you weren't doing anything on the big boss but wanting to loot it.

edit:

Ayleth Payne Wrote:I agree too, I would love to get involved in these events it's just I know I'll probably get killed and miss out on the loot. Which isn't very fun, so I don't see a point as the idea of a game is to have fun. Plenty of ganking and PvP everywhere else, dunno why it's needed there as well.. So I just do other things instead that I DO find fun, but it would be nice to go to them...

dude your guessing you could die thats why you don't participate in these events? dude come on it's a bag of regs and maybe 10-25 ev scrolls at max items are meant to be lost.. you can't even loot in that area

double edit:

Aki Hiro Wrote:I support Thenu with his suggestion, you shouldn't be able to attack other players and you should be able to recall out from inside. I'm just thinking about the noobs that want to join the event and try to do their best to help and got killed while the boss is getting looted. Prototype aren't the problem there, they are just playing with the rules that have been set. The real problems are the settings of these events.

yeah i remember that thing maka scripted for xuo, was the same concept but it had no pvp a bank and you couldn't attack players but i think you were able to loot them if they died by an ev or something

PvM events - Echo - 04-04-2012

We are in the process of ramping up some new staff members whose primary job will be to create and run quests and events.

Quote:dude your guessing you could die thats why you don't participate in these events? dude come on it's a bag of regs and maybe 10-25 ev scrolls at max items are meant to be lost.. you can't even loot in that area

That's correct. I don't so much care about losing my stuff, it's all pixels on a screen but being killed by someone (or a group) while trying to enjoy a PvM event just isn't my idea of fun. I don't mind it out in the open world, in fact I expect it but I'm not going to subject myself to something I don't enjoy. It's my opinion I'd like to be able to go to an event where I don't have to worry about PvP, even if it was once a month or whatever, so I can enjoy just killing monsters.

PvM events - sm0ke - 04-04-2012

Ayleth Payne Wrote:That's correct. I don't so much care about losing my stuff, it's all pixels on a screen but being killed by someone (or a group) while trying to enjoy a PvM event just isn't my idea of fun. I don't mind it out in the open world, in fact I expect it but I'm not going to subject myself to something I don't enjoy. It's my opinion I'd like to be able to go to an event where I don't have to worry about PvP, even if it was once a month or whatever, so I can enjoy just killing monsters.

You'd be surprised how nice we are with blues who just want to hunt and participate although they do need to attack and do stuff or we will begin to attack people who just want loot off our efforts and resources. Ask kole we never killed him to this day in a hunter slayer event we even gank each other at bridge for fun and he still comes to my house in ocllo to use my tubs. Not all peekays are brutal and cold blooded you should give these events a chance since their non lootable and there's this autoloot mechanic in now even though im against it

sm0ke Wrote:You'd be surprised how nice we are with blues who just want to hunt and participate although they do need to attack and do stuff or we will begin to attack people who just want loot off our efforts and resources. Ask kole we never killed him to this day in a hunter slayer event we even gank each other at bridge for fun and he still comes to my house in ocllo to use my tubs. Not all peekays are brutal and cold blooded you should give these events a chance since their non lootable and there's this autoloot mechanic in now even though im against it

My comments where not directed at you or any one group of people, I was talking in general so I hope you weren't thinking I was pointing fingers. I understand there would possibly be lots of cases where I'd be fine, but it only takes one person to decide to be a jerk (and we all those no matter where you go in life there will always be a jerk somewhere, and again I am not pointing towards you or your guild) to ruin the experience.

Now I am not saying make ALL of these events PvM only, keep the ones as they are. people obviously enjoy them so they should remain as is.

But is it too much to ask maybe once every now and then there be a strictly PvM event? and please, seriously think about it rationally, do you really think that is unreasonable for those of us who enjoy PvM to have one event every so often where it is strictly PvM only?

Hope I am not coming off the wrong way, it's just if you want PvP, it's everywhere and that's cool, it's how the shard works. But if the staff threw in a PvM only event every so often, don't you think that'd help attract some of those who like to craft and go on the occasional hunt? I mean if you look at it from the other side of things, you love PvP and there is nothing wrong with that, it's pretty much everywhere in the world and that's how it should be, so how would the odd PvM really have any serious effect on your PvP world, it wouldn't but it sure would make a different for those that like a bit of PvM only to have some fun. I see it as a win/win situation without having any drastic effect on how the world operates.