Imagine Nation Forums
Death matches. - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Death matches. (/showthread.php?tid=5099)

Pages: 1 2

Death matches. - Lags - 03-11-2012

How about making death matches a little longer. They are a lot of fun but I think it would be cool if they lasted like 30 minutes, having the option to leave if you get tired of it.

Also maybe up the gold max to 10k

Death matches. - sm0ke - 03-11-2012

I agree, remove nickels from being won in the DM and increase everyone's money to a set amount so theres no win/lose and everyone would enjoy it much more rather than kill afks the whole time to get ahead.

Death matches. - Eru - 03-11-2012

That's not a bad plan, actually. Maybe have everyone start at like 1K reward, then killing them gets 10 gold from their total added to yours. That way unless you die like 100 times, you still get something for participating and the people who kill a lot get a bit more gold, but not enough to make it worth camping people for the extra 10 gold.

That number would need to be adjusted of course. Maybe up to 5K and 50g per kill?

-edit-
Hmm, also, people would need to get rewarded only for the amount of time they join. For example, you couldn't join, then leave to get the full amount. Like if you're in for 10 minutes of the 20 minute match, you'd only get half the gold. *shrug*

Death matches. - por corp wis - 03-11-2012

and what about kicking afkers and withdraw 10k from theirs bank accounts?

Death matches. - Lags - 03-11-2012

So, we only have 5k for a reward to prevent say me joining a DM with a friend and killing him over and over to get a bunch of gold.

Could you raise the max to 10k, and make it so you get 1k for each DIFFERENT person you kill. So, if there are 8 people in the death match, and you kill all 8 of them, you get 8k. This would make it so you can't just get the gold by reskilling, you can't just go after the same newbie over and over again, and it would make death matches a bit more interesting.

Also make them longer! I always get pissed when they end since right now tournys and DMs are the only PvP going on.

Death matches. - Loki - 03-11-2012

I'm in favour of anything that stops the res killing, I had to give two people a trip to Big Bubba's for that earlier today, and the same thing will happen to anyone else I see doing it.

Death matches. - sm0ke - 03-11-2012

Loki Wrote:I'm in favour of anything that stops the res killing, I had to give two people a trip to Big Bubba's for that earlier today, and the same thing will happen to anyone else I see doing it.

Although there is a difference when players dont heal and they give a refresh on the kill, rather than res killing when someone is naked. In dm the player has the option to heal they just don't because there new that's why I asked if we could prevent young players from joining and everyone said it would be bad idea to prevent new players from trying out events. Yes I agree with them but it also ruins DM's when they go afk or don't know how to play :/

Death matches. - Loki - 03-11-2012

Perhaps a diminishing returns system would be best. If you kill player X more than Y times before he kills you at least once then you no longer get refreshed or receive points for the kill. That way the general mechanic can remain the same, otherwise in 30 minutes a lot of people will saturate at 1 kill/other participant fairly quickly I think.

The res killing is still difficult as when players know how it works there are ways around (e.g. every Y kills kill your amigo then let him go back to res killing). I'll have to have a think about it, but in the interim, as I said, it's a good way to go to jail if I see you, and I know I am not the only member of staff who feels that way.

Death matches. - Sphinx - 03-11-2012

sm0ke Wrote:Although there is a difference when players dont heal and they give a refresh on the kill, rather than res killing when someone is naked. In dm the player has the option to heal they just don't because there new that's why I asked if we could prevent young players from joining and everyone said it would be bad idea to prevent new players from trying out events. Yes I agree with them but it also ruins DM's when they go afk or don't know how to play :/
Well when you ress kill a friend (or friends) in order to win the DM its not about being new or being afk, its about trying to go around the system in order to achieve something (gold and nickels in this case).

Death matches. - Cana - 03-11-2012

At least on INX, good players never got targeted (that mana could be used to kill easier targets for points) and easy targets just got res killed (easy points and you got refreshed for the kill).

Maybe give points according to kill/death streaks? If you have a K/D of 5/0 you should be worth more points and get targeted more. On the other hand if your K/D is 0/5 you should be worth next to nothing until you get a kill. Going according to K/D is not enough, because then everyone would just gang up on the top player 100% of the time. You should lose some value if you die and stack up some value when you manage to rake up kills without dying yourself. Just need to come up with a good formula for this.

edit:
You can even add point rewards for certain tasks. First blood, getting revenge on the person who killed you, kill streaks (killing 3 different players without dying yourself). It really doesn't need to be 1 point for 1 kill. Possibilities are endless and tools to make it all happen are right here!

Death matches. - Habibi Jones - 03-11-2012

Cana Wrote:Possibilities are endless and tools to make it all happen are right here!

All of a sudden, I have an overwhelming desire to fulfill all of my personal goals in life as well as recreate myself into a better person.
Thank you ZOMBO COM!

Death matches. - Lags - 03-13-2012

Another thing that I think would improve death matches is

****have everyone be named "Man" the whole time so it doesn't turn into 4 friends just ganking the hell out of everyone to get kills.****

That way, everyone will be fighting everyone.