Imagine Nation Forums
Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions and Answers (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... (/showthread.php?tid=5073)

Pages: 1 2 3

Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... - Azuru - 03-08-2012

Hello.
Ive seen a Thread where the Taran postet this:
http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?404-Easy-UO-Script-Mining-at-Mt.-Kendall

So.... it is Mt.Kendall only , it seems this particulary EUmacro is allowed , but why?
It smelts ore and puts it in the bank , sure there is a risk , but is that really a justification?
Ive once gone mining there today for fun , there were 3 guys afk macroing .
So can i go afk fishing with a boat? Afk fishing gives much less money than mining and valuable stuff like MiB and Treasure maps can only be lootet from mobs , and it has a risk factor too.

I would love a clarification:confused:

Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... - Ramza - 03-08-2012

Shard Rules
Macroing AFK to gather resources is not allowed.

It's the first one!

The question would be then why that script , and its posted by the shard owner .
I know about the rule thats why i ask.

Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... - Raziel_ - 03-08-2012

Azuru Wrote:The question would be then why that script , and its posted by the shard owner .
I know about the rule thats why i ask.

try fishing afk.. you will end up dead in a boat! good luck!
its not allowed to mine afk, but we have verification gumps for that, if you fail the test... you're dead ;D

I did not know that the gump will kill you .
Well that would explain why one got randomly killed in the mine....
I dont want to afk macro , that particular thing was just cofusing me , so i assume i can use a macro and if i always check for gumps while surfing it would be alright?

Azuru Wrote:I did not know that the gump will kill you .
Well that would explain why one got randomly killed in the mine....
I dont want to afk macro , that particular thing was just cofusing me , so i assume i can use a macro and if i always check for gumps while surfing it would be alright?

yes... if you fail the check you die Tongue
its pretty efficient hehe and for fishing the gump appears more often than when you mine, since you spam the rod on the water faster than mining hehe

Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... - BenSa - 03-08-2012

why not dump this rule? Why not afk macro? Why a guarded Mining cave?
this is bullshit in my eyes , Dump it all.
Afk macro should be allowed for those skills. Afk macro on your own risk. Thats my vote

Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... - Brandon - 03-08-2012

BenSa Wrote:why not dump this rule? Why not afk macro? Why a guarded Mining cave?
Afk macro should be allowed for those skills. Afk macro on your own risk. Thats my vote

herp derp

BenSa Wrote:why not dump this rule? Why not afk macro? Why a guarded Mining cave?

i dont agree.. imagine afk gathering logs... its almost impossible to find someone if he decides to hide in the woods...
and im sure none would lose their time looking for afk miner/lumberjacker to kill.. would be fun at first but boring in the end!
also killing someone afk in a boat is hard as well since you would have a big trouble finding that person!

Raziel_ Wrote:i dont agree.. imagine afk gathering logs... its almost impossible to find someone if he decides to hide in the woods...
and im sure none would lose their time looking for afk miner/lumberjacker to kill.. would be fun at first but boring in the end!
also killing someone afk in a boat is hard as well since you would have a big trouble finding that person!

thats the big feeling when u wake up on the morning to not know if u got killed over the night, just right now are you to safe to be a crafter in a cave while mining a guarded zone we arent newbies anymore... and it is not hard to find someone at sea use tracking and you will find somebody

Confusion about the recource Gathering rule... - Mael - 03-08-2012

well in minoc that mine is the only part gaurded...ive seen pks sit outside of the mine and wait for miners to go to bank...

Mael Wrote:well in minoc that mine is the only part gaurded...ive seen pks sit outside of the mine and wait for miners to go to bank...

Why even have a guarded Cave? We arent newbies, make Afk macro allowed . More fun to not know if u live in UO tomorrow when u wake up xD Your heart will pump if u are dead at the morning xD